• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on team choices

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Contact (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock

Infernape is used as a suicidal lead. I abuse the ability 'blaze' by pairing it with focus sash and overheat. Really this guy is just to get out a stealth rock and surprising the opponent when it uses a special attack rather than a physical. This Pok?mon has close combat to both taunt the opponent into attacking me (so I can maximise overheats power with blaze and focus sash) by lowering my def and sp.def and for coverage (eg. chansey)

Within (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Disable
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

I pair Banette with my trick Zoroark. By forcing my opponent into using one move I can either take it out with destiny bond or almost guarantee a swap with disable. Knock off for items shadow sneak to take out low hp.

Beyond (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Ice Beam

What can I say? Solid Pok?mon that breaks a lot of strategies.

Touch (Eelektross) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpA
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge

I thought I was going to dump Eeelectross but I have grown a liking to it. Its move pool is incredibly diverse. Even with its appalling speed, it can tank quite a few hits whilst dealing some good damage with the versatile moves its been given. This guy has one me more than a couple games.

Get Lucky (Zoroark) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Easy way to lock my opponent out with Banette. Great speed, Good Sp.Atk. Ferrowthorn/Kartana killer

Doin' it Right (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Needed a final Pok?mon for this team. Dragonites pretty solid and I feel as though it has some great potential. Thinking of swapping a move out for extreme speed however.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Mega Banette's main strategy is to alternate between Destiny Bond and an offensive attack to pressure the opponent into a Destiny Bond KO. It doesn't need Disable for that strategy.

That being said, on to the team itself.

Azelf is a better suicide lead than Infernape because of its better Speed and access to Explosion to get a teammate in safely:
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Explosion
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash

Tapu Fini isn't a generally good Calm Mind sweeper in singles formats because its current set struggles with Ferrothorn and Kartana. If you want a niche Calm Mind sweeper, Suicune is better because Substitute + Protect + Pressure has great PP stalling potential:
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Substitute
-Protect
EVs: 252 HP/16 SpD/240 Spe
Item: Leftovers

However, this Suicune set needs plenty of support, like removing its hard counters in Mantine and Toxapex. Tapu Koko is an effective counter for both, while Heatran can lure in Toxapex with Tectonic Rage + Magma Storm. Koke should be run over Eelektross, which doesn't offer much compared to Koko:

Tapu Koko:
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Dazzling Gleam
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Heatran:
-Magma Storm
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock/Taunt
-Toxic
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Item: Groundium Z

Zoroark isn't that good nowadays because of the Tapus running around. Koko outspeeds and KOs with a STAB move, while Lele and Assault Vest Bulu can take a hit and KO back with Moonblast or Wood Hammer/Horn Leech/Superpower respectively. The Illusion niche doesn't exactly help in this regard.

Zygarde is a generally better Dragon Dance sweeper than Dragonite because Thousand Arrows has no immunities:
-Dragon Dance
-Thousand Arrows
-Extreme Speed
-Substitute/Iron Tail/Coil
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (Weakness Policy) or 160 HP/216 Atk/28 SpD/104 Spe (Figy Berry)
Item: Weakness Policy/Figy Berry
Ability: Aura Break

Back