• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
OLDER PERSON IS OLDER

The Swellow can either be Inferno or Rogue. Take your pick. xD

Enigma

Years
Swellow = JD.

Edit: Damn, InfernoRogue beat me.

And it's nice to see I'm not the only one over 20 here...

Lol, nickname should be some random combo of our usernames. JDRogue? lmao.

...I honestly have no idea what to say about this age conversation. ._.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
(m)E = mcSquared 14 :PP

I'm getting my 3DS for my Burfdays :PP

So um, question of the week day?

"What challenge are you participating in? If you are in multiple state your favorite" < I feel guitly stealing Forever's thing D:

My favorite challenge that I'm in is my Spirit Gold Nuzlocke. It gives a nice twist because It's side by side my Heart Gold Nuzlocke :DD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've been trying to start an Emerald Nuzlocke, but I'm struggling to choose whether to go with normal or Monotype Water with it. I want the water, but I also really want to go ahead with Treecko. Also I've been doing some super procrastination. :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
We'll go with look at the siggy.

I don't have a favorite active challenge. I'm doing the HG Water Mono because I mean it just needs to get done. And the Silver Nuzzy is on my laptop that's in the shop, so I'm not really doing that one right now.

Out of the 9-10 challenges on my list, I think my favorite was/is the Ultimate Trio Challenge. I really like Crobat now. He's joining the ranks of Nidoking, Starmie, Milotic, and Staraptor as my top favorite Pokemon. For sure.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Did you know I've only ever completed one challenge? Sure I've made several attempts, but only ever one completion. It was a monotype ground in Pearl, where I ended up with a Torterra, Golem, Quagsire, Garchomp and something else, which I've forgotten what it is.

Also, I WILL stop procrastinating and start my Nuzlocke challenge. I promise. <3

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Wow, I didn't know that.

Also this is kinda random, but I think I heard your name a very very long time ago, Alt. Right when I joined PC I got into the Rocket Fan Group, and there was someone named Brock who I sorta thought about starting a trade thingie with, and I think he knew you. Do you remember this?

Also, I just got no$gba, and its running at 200% speed right now. I think I might be able to do challenges on DPPt now. Horray.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wow, I didn't know that.

Also this is kinda random, but I think I heard your name a very very long time ago, Alt. Right when I joined PC I got into the Rocket Fan Group, and there was someone named Brock who I sorta thought about starting a trade thingie with, and I think he knew you. Do you remember this?

Also, I just got no$gba, and its running at 200% speed right now. I think I might be able to do challenges on DPPt now. Horray.
Myrrh, you DO realize that N0$gba has been out for a while, right? Do you have all the DS games in cart form, cause that's the only reason I can think of that you haven't downloaded it yet...whatever, though. If I had a DS I would probably use it, too, though.

The next thing you need to do is get Pokesav, by the way.

And favorite challenge right now...
My Ultimate Solo with Palin the Girafarig. Dude, it's a Psychic Giraffe! How much cooler can it get?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Myrrh, you DO realize that N0$gba has been out for a while, right? Do you have all the DS games in cart form, cause that's the only reason I can think of that you haven't downloaded it yet...whatever, though. If I had a DS I would probably use it, too, though.

The next thing you need to do is get Pokesav, by the way.

And favorite challenge right now...
My Ultimate Solo with Palin the Girafarig. Dude, it's a Psychic Giraffe! How much cooler can it get?

Yeah, I know, I've just always played them on the actual cartridge. It's because the first time I got a DS emulator (don't think it was no$gba), and tried to run Diamond, it went all screwy. Then I thought "well, I'm sure there's just a problem with this emulator or this ROM, but I might as well just play the real deal." And so I do. Also I got no$gba a while ago, but just couldn't figure out how to 200% speed it.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Yeah, I know, I've just always played them on the actual cartridge. It's because the first time I got a DS emulator (don't think it was no$gba), and tried to run Diamond, it went all screwy. Then I thought "well, I'm sure there's just a problem with this emulator or this ROM, but I might as well just play the real deal." And so I do. Also I got no$gba a while ago, but just couldn't figure out how to 200% speed it.
Yeah, No$gba was crappy for a while, it couldn't play Diamond very well for a while (it would run at like 80% with 10 fps), and I really started playing the DS games last year in the summer mostly. I played Diamond first, with Torterra, then when Platinum came out I went through it with Infernape, I still have the original one (ROM) with my L92 Infernape that I grinded in the Battleground lol. I also hacked in L50 Pokemon from the Battle Tower Record sheet over on Smogon to see how far I could get with them lol. Then I discovered PC in October when I was looking for Pokemon to solo with (I think it was the archived solo challenge thread), and never looked back.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Kinda doing my own personal challenge on White atm. I'm gonna have every BW Pokemon (final forms, mind) entered into the Hall of Fame at least once. Gunna take a while, cause this does include events and Black exclusives, but I say it's well worth it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Kinda doing my own personal challenge on White atm. I'm gonna have every BW Pokemon (final forms, mind) entered into the Hall of Fame at least once. Gunna take a while, cause this does include events and Black exclusives, but I say it's well worth it.
I did something pretty fun that your personal challenge reminded me of. I caught every Pokemon in every generation (the ones legally obtainable, mind you). I did it in Blue (which is actually where I got my name A), Silver, Emerald, and Diamond. Diamond was the easiest because about 65% of them were just traded from Emerald. Until I lost it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Technically, I could do this in every generation (well, I'd have to use FRLG for gen I and HGSS for gen II because I don't have the means for trading in earlier generations) but...well, I'm not that determined. I am also working on the Isshu Dex in White, so the Hall of Fame thing really ties in with that.

Enigma

Years
Still trying to train all six of my Pokemon. It's kind of difficult, since I'm training right before Norman. :/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Having six Pokemon right before Norman would be tough. If I were doing that challenge I'd acquire my sixth Pokemon around the Liza + Tate stage.

I finally stopped procrastinating and started my Nuzlocke challenge! Albeit only getting just outside Birch's lab. Still it's enough to have a Pokemon and nickname it. :D

Enigma

Years
I'm training all of my pokemon up to level 30, so I should be alright to take him on. It's just hard, because the highest leveled wild pokemon are in the desert. Shedinja can't even train there. (Sandstorm damage=instant ko)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
The Favorite challenge is killing me. It's so hard keeping up with 6 Pokemon... balancing and evening them out. I usually luck out so much at gyms... :/ it just feels wrong.

For instancie, here's what happened for Maylene's Lucario : I had /Seco/ (my Combusken) out, hit it with Double Kick once before dying from Force Palm. Sends out Blues (Dratini) at about 41/65 HP... OHKO. Then Myrrh (Aerodactyl) kicks in with a Rock Smash, which sends into yellow, but activates the Sitrus Berry. Myrrh gets OHKOd, and Alterna' the Manectric finishes with a Shock Wave, and 5 HP left.

A similar thing happened against Wake. I epic-Toxic stalled with .chaos, the Exeggcute (I prefer it like that, chaos :/), Quagsire took a Grass Knot or two and died. Floatzel. A chain of events led to Alterna' with 1 HP left (1 Crunch. lol) Shock Wave... from 3/4 it died with a Shock Wave. I stared at the screen as the words : "A critical hit !" and "The foe's Floatzel fainted" appeared. Lv. 30 > Lv. 37. <:

And now, the most tedious, annoying, stupid part of the game. Snow crawling and Mt. Coronet. Behold !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back