Deep Discussion Have a seat at Deep Discussion for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 7th, 2018 (7:17 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Think back on your life, about your experiences. Think about your successes, your failures and the lessons you have learned. Now let's put those experiences to use. What are one piece of advice that you wish you had been given in the past 5-10 years and one piece of advice you have for the generations following yours. Try to make them different, but feel free to discuss your reasoning behind each and how they do/don't relate to each other or to comment on the ideas of others.
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 8th, 2018 (11:57 AM).

I can't really think of any sort of advice I'd give to my past self or think of something I wish I had been told in the past (not saying I didn't need any, but I just can't think of something is all), but I suppose that if I could give one piece of advice to people in the present and of the future it'd be:

Don't bother with hating other people or holding any animosity towards other people, it's not worth it, it's a waste of time and energy. I don't mean this in a childish, rainbows 'n' sunshine *throws glitter* kind of way, it's just that those things are either at best unnecessary/do nothing, or at worst just....make things worse.
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 8th, 2018 (5:12 PM).

Nature: Timid
Don't try and please people, you'll never please everyone, and it'll just frustrate those around you.

The sky is falling, seal the borders, heighten the anxiety
A steady diet of hysteria shapes history
  #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 8th, 2018 (9:35 PM).
wandererjustlikeme 🌺

Nature: Jolly
Stop slacking on opportunity. Whenever the chance presents itself, even if it's small, take advantage of it! It'll likely lead to something better in the long-term.
  #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 9th, 2018 (6:30 AM). Edited October 9th, 2018 by hoshiko.
PC's jacksepticeye enthusiast

Nature: Gentle
    oof uhm... lets see

advice i wish i had been given in the last 5-10 years:
    a break up is not the end of the world, nor is an argument with a family member. your mental illnesses do not define you as a person.

(im super bad at these give me credit okay)

advice i have for future generations? uhm.. well, relating to my experience/experiences: get help. i know it's hard and very scary, but it will help a lot in the long run. if you have a bad therapist/psychologist the first time, it's okay. there are other and better professional therapists/psychiatrists out there. it's not the be all and end all. im saying this because, as a person who had therapy and a psychiatrist for about 5-6 years (my psychiatrist for about 2 and a half i think), it helps a lot to have a professional who you can vent things to and will not feel judged. they're there to help you and not judge you, if they are a good one. and as someone who cannot currently get help (bc i do not have the income but i will have insurance very soon), please take advantage of when you can. please. it'll help more than you know.
      #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 9th, 2018 (6:49 AM).
    I was saying Boo-urns

Forgive people, including yourself
        #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 11th, 2018 (8:27 AM).

Nature: Sassy
      "Just relax. It's not personal."

#8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old November 5th, 2018 (1:23 AM).
      Life, the Universe and Everything

Nature: Jolly
        "Hello, younger me. I'm bloody enlightened so listen up, you asshat - stop being negative and argumentative and unappreciative. You have the world. You have your family. Treat them better and stop acting like a Holocaust victim because what you've been through is peanuts. The threats. The anxiety. The self-doubt. It's all fake. So please toughen up a bit before you end up crying in the dark in a backseat and snarling things you don't mean. But don't shut off your emotions either. Just do watercolours or something, you jerkface. And I know that those emotions feel real in the moment, but they're completely faux. What do you expect, anyway? Your brain is going through a complete overhaul. Its all smoke and mirrors right now. Just realize the sheer extent of what you have.

But you're sort of alright. And you're not a retard. All you gotta do is try harder and it'll things will shape out for the better. It's all down to you.

P.S: You're going to want to be an actor and a musician, so please brush up on your singing voice and acting skills. You'll thank me later."
        "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
          #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old November 30th, 2018 (8:20 AM).
        Cosmog Enthusiast

Nature: Quiet
          For my past self: “Don’t run away from the bullies. All that will do is make you more anxious when High School comes around. Kids get more aggressive in High School and if you aren’t prepared for it, things will only get worse. Stay in contact with your childhood friends. They would have helped you when you were suicidal. Lastly, don’t report every incident that happens to you. Bullies hate it when you report them and they’ll only retaliate when you do it. Try to reserve reporting for the most severe of incidents."

For the next generation (whatever comes after Gen Z): Try not to overindulge on the Internet. Especially at your age. It’s extremely addicting and can warp your views if aren’t careful. Moderation is key.”

Name: Lucky
          Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
            #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old December 1st, 2018 (3:32 AM).

Nature: Mild
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pemderp View Post
            For my past self: “Don’t run away from the bullies. All that will do is make you more anxious when High School comes around. Kids get more aggressive in High School and if you aren’t prepared for it, things will only get worse. Stay in contact with your childhood friends. They would have helped you when you were suicidal. Lastly, don’t report every incident that happens to you. Bullies hate it when you report them and they’ll only retaliate when you do it. Try to reserve reporting for the most severe of incidents."

For the next generation (whatever comes after Gen Z): Try not to overindulge on the Internet. Especially at your age. It’s extremely addicting and can warp your views if aren’t careful. Moderation is key.”
            If it helps to know, High School is very temporary. Everybody who gives you a difficult time likely won't be seen again after graduation. I've only left this year, and as far as social status goes, it becomes strange seeing how none of it mattered at all.

Quick Reply