The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 31st, 2018 (5:32 AM). Edited July 31st, 2018 by Ho-Oh.
Pearlshipper

This club is for people suffering from mental illness (E.G. Psychosis)
    You can talk about your life and give advice. Supporters are welcome as well.

Here is some info about some serious mental illness :

Psychotic means relating to, denoting, or suffering from a psychosis.
    Psychotic" does not equal "crazy", "deranged", "dangerous" or "insane". End the stigma attached to mental illness.

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that affects how a person feels and thinks.
    People with schizophrenia may seem like they have lost touch with reality and it can be quite hard to cope with
    "Schizophrenia" does not equal "crazy", "deranged", "dangerous" or "insane". End the stigma attached to mental illness.

Rules.
    1. Do not spam, please stay on topic
    2. Do not bash or flame other members

Mod note: To those interested in joining the club - PLEASE be respectful. We will be watching this club closely.

My Pokemon forum : http://tdhf-pokemon.boards.net/

Lady Jirachu is a really good friend of mine, so please be nice to her.
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 31st, 2018 (3:52 PM).
    away jan 7 - jan 20

Nature: Timid
    hi there! I suffer from selective anxiety and definitely think this club is for me. Generally you can't tell I have anxiety, but there are certain situations that throw me into fits of stress and I'm very prone to panic under certain conditions. Anyone else have experience with anxiety? Any tips you use to get a handle on it? I know dunking your head in cold water for at least 15-20 seconds helps lower heart rate a lot when you're going through a panic attack...but luckily mine hasn't been that bad anymore (usually). =<

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
    sheep x bobandbill 5ever
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 1st, 2018 (12:14 AM).
    Thanks for the pretty av Rainbow x3;

Nature: Naive
    I found the clubs board!! :D I'm joining this. I have aspergers and some psychosis.

I didn't make this but its wonderful and beautiful :3 x3

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3
    Jackster is a good friend of mine on this forum so be nice to him please.
    I wanna make other good friends here too ^_^
    Being girly is wonderful!!!!! :D

Kimi is my big sister and i'm a pokemon fan 4 life :3
    http://thekorrinafanklub.proboards.com/
    Please join my forum :D
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 1st, 2018 (12:38 AM).
    press start to play_

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    hi there! I suffer from selective anxiety and definitely think this club is for me. Generally you can't tell I have anxiety, but there are certain situations that throw me into fits of stress and I'm very prone to panic under certain conditions. Anyone else have experience with anxiety? Any tips you use to get a handle on it? I know dunking your head in cold water for at least 15-20 seconds helps lower heart rate a lot when you're going through a panic attack...but luckily mine hasn't been that bad anymore (usually). =<
    I'm basically the exact same... A couple of years ago I really couldn't handle my panic attacks. I really thought I would die etc. I'm also a tad bit hypochondric and that is a bad combo. I can get sick purely from worrying about getting sick, pretty much.

I found that the only thing that helped my attacks was to not be alone. As soon as it started, I called for my neighbor (classmate) to come and keep me company if I was at home, or I'd call my mom and she always picks up and understands and just talks to me cheerfully about nonsense to make me think of other things until it passes. Being alone with no proper distraction is the worst.

Nowadays I've forced myself to learn that when my heart rate quickens, a limb goes numb/prickling or starts hurting weirdly or I just can't keep feeling sad or worried, it's just my anxiety and I will beat it by enduring because I'm stronger than my anxiety.

Next time you have an attack, call me <3 I'll talk about my cats, Steven Universe and the color pink until you forget what you were worried about!
      #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 1st, 2018 (5:38 AM).
    of the Final Day

Nature: Quiet
    I wouldn't mind being part of this, if that's OK.

Without going into too much detail, I have crippling anxiety that generally affects my ability to function properly...it's more or less shaped my identity I guess, as I've been like this since I was six years old, although it's shifted focus and intensity as I've gotten older. I have no friends, I still live at home, am stuck on benefits because I can't work enough to support myself due to my health, am severely underweight my appetite is always the first thing to go and the physical nausea utterly destroys me and it generally affects my mood...not that it excuses my general cynicism and bitterness towards life, but it's a major contributing factor. It's difficult to even want to live sometimes when every waking moment is anxiety. I could probably fit for a couple of other things, but I've never sought a diagnosis because I honestly thought I had enough to be getting on with, and knowing that I had it and couldn't change it wouldn't help...not to mention if I told my GP some of the thoughts I've had he'd probably want to put me back in therapy and I don't think I could take that. I have a great GP, but there are limits, and I definitely cross those boundaries with my thoughts sometimes.

But I think the only advice I'd offer, the one thing I've learned the hard way, is that if you're going to seek help, make sure it's the right help for you. You're an individual, not your mental health problem, and just because a prescribed method is said to work for a good portion of people does not mean it will work for you too, or that there is something else that will work better. Don't sell yourself short, and make sure you're comfortable with whatever treatment you get. Nobody should be able to force you to get better even if it's what you want and is in your best interests. You have to do things your own way. I see so many people who think they can just medication their problems away, or that therapy is the right answer...if it is, then good for you, y'know? But it doesn't always work and when it doesn't things generally feel even worse, so I guess my message is that it is OK if it doesn't work.

Speaking from painful experience there after nearly being sectioned, and subsequently forced into secondary care for four years, with fortnightly blood tests, weight checks, psychiatric assessments where I felt like I was constantly walking on a knife's edge, etc. These things do not always work. Know what isn't good for anxiety? CBT. People swear by CBT, but it can be utterly demoralising when you literally cannot do what you're being asked to. Because of CBT I was misdiagnosed with something that utterly consumed my life for four years, and is still giving me severe anxiety two and a half years later when I think about it. I was blamed for it not working, and I still kinda feel that way sometimes.

I have hypnotherapy sessions now and it's made me significantly calmer generally even if I can't resolve the problems I have yet. I couldn't work before I started it, at least, and I've gained half the weight I need to be at a healthy weight for someone of my height...although I'm on supplements because I can't get half the calories I need otherwise, and it's taken me six years to get to this point, with a lot still left to improve that isn't progressing because of the added stress of work and my general self-worth.

But I digress. I guess my point is that even if you share a diagnosis/label/whatever with people, you're still an individual and deserve to be treated as such, not a problem to be fixed with a prescribed solution. That's a stigma I've seen and experienced a lot, and one I don't think is particularly helpful when you're feeling fragile. So yeah. Don't listen to that kind of junk. Do what works for you and don't be ashamed if you can't do what should work.

Sorry for the babble. I don't generally like admitting I have a problem unless I already have a solution, and I have no solution to any of this. Honestly I may wind up deleting this, because it's unlike me to talk about myself this way. The last few weeks have been difficult and I'm emotionally drained to the point of complete apathy though, so why not. Maybe someone else could take away something positive from my experience too, which would be something.
      #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 1st, 2018 (6:34 PM). Edited August 1st, 2018 by Sheep.
    away jan 7 - jan 20

@rika <3 I can relate soo much. Glad you're in a better place now! It'd be good for me to not be alone during attacks too, but only if it's with people I know well. And my attacks (which are thankfully more minor and don't last as long nowadays) happen when at work etc lol. While I have friends there, they're not people that know about my anxiety so it might get kinda embarrassing. I'll explain to them eventually.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dawn
    Speaking from painful experience there after nearly being sectioned, and subsequently forced into secondary care for four years, with fortnightly blood tests, weight checks, psychiatric assessments where I felt like I was constantly walking on a knife's edge, etc. These things do not always work.
    Completely agree...these methods are not for everyone, especially if it's to the point where you feel you're always being watched and need to act a certain way to avoid 'punishments.' I know someone who went to therapy for a while and started getting depressed at some sessions. The police ended up forcing him to a hospital thinking he'd do something drastic. Now he's got a bunch of medical bills (yay America) that they're often hounding him to pay, which he has tried to explain he can't do since he can't hold down a job because of anxiety/depression. =s Alas they don't seem to care at all. Totally the kind of thing an already depressed and stressed person would want to be worrying about.

sheep x bobandbill 5ever
      #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 1st, 2018 (9:22 PM). Edited August 1st, 2018 by PhoenixIgnition.

Thank you for this thread.

I have PDD(persistent depressive disorder, aka Dysthymia) and generalized anxiety disorder.
      I live on national insurance money(not sure if that's how it's called in english but you probably get what I mean).
      Currently unemployed and live in a tiny rented appartment with my cat.

I generally feel very hopeless and afraid.
      I try to focus on my hobbies, but even that is hard when your mind works overtime thinking about how nothing is worth the effort and that you're not gonna amount to anything no matter how hard you try.

I know every single flaw in my depressive and anxious thought patterns, but have yet to find a way to combat them successfully.

I've been seeing a therapist for a about five years I think, and I get help from a tutor and social worker.

I long for friendships and love, and to be around people who genuinely like me and want to be around me, but I'm also deathly scared of it. It might be due to having my only best friend move out from my town when I was in 3rd grade and totally losing that relationship.

I also have a hard time letting people in because I very much hate myself. I genuinely feel it's a chore to be around me. I think i'm boring, too sad, too depressed and too tired for people to enjoy my company most of the time.

I have a very hard time making any kind of long lasting relationships.
      I had one serious girlfriend for around three months but our relationship was very lifeless and sad due to both of us being in bad places mentally, and both of us having a desire that the other one will be our anchor in these tough times, while neither of us were able to do that at the time.
        #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old August 5th, 2018 (11:36 AM).
      Pearlshipper

Welcome to the club everyone who has posted.

#9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old August 6th, 2018 (7:58 AM).
        away jan 7 - jan 20

welcome all ^^

Quote:
        I long for friendships and love, and to be around people who genuinely like me and want to be around me, but I'm also deathly scared of it. It might be due to having my only best friend move out from my town when I was in 3rd grade and totally losing that relationship.
        There are always plenty of people out there that are accepting and will be friends with you, so don't worry. Once you meet the people who are worth it, you won't be so scared anymore. I hope things will only keep improving for you from here <3

sheep x bobandbill 5ever
          #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old August 6th, 2018 (12:48 PM).
        Pearlshipper

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PhoenixIgnition View Post

I hope everything goes well for you.
          I will be your friend

#11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old August 13th, 2018 (5:03 PM). Edited August 13th, 2018 by Sheep.
          away jan 7 - jan 20

Hope everyone has been faring okay. I've not had my anxiety triggered much lately and when I have it wasn't for long, so I'm thankful. Still working on improving some things it prevents me from doing though, like voice chatting online with friends or meeting new groups of people. The latter isn't too hard but the former...urgh. ='(

sheep x bobandbill 5ever
            #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old August 14th, 2018 (12:14 PM).
          Spooky Girl with a Computer

Nature: Careful
            Hi there. I have ASD/Asperger's along with anxiety. I have been in therapy for the majority of my life which I think is helping, especially with me starting college soon.

Name: Shade
            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
              #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old August 15th, 2018 (7:26 AM).
            press start to play_

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PhoenixIgnition View Post
            We'll all be friends in this thread. I have cats in my apartment too! Love them so much; I swear having them around has helped tone down my anxiety by a lot. I haven't gotten panic attacks in my home since I got them.
              #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old August 15th, 2018 (8:19 AM). Edited August 15th, 2018 by PhoenixIgnition.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
              We'll all be friends in this thread. I have cats in my apartment too! Love them so much; I swear having them around has helped tone down my anxiety by a lot. I haven't gotten panic attacks in my home since I got them.
              I don't really know how to be friends with people, tbh. It's a skill I never really developed.

Cats are awesome.
              Mine is an asshole, but I still love him.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TheGhostHunter View Post
              Hi there. I have ASD/Asperger's along with anxiety. I have been in therapy for the majority of my life which I think is helping, especially with me starting college soon.
              DUUUUDE! That's huge!
              Good luck in college!
                #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 30th, 2018 (11:56 PM).
              used Sacred Fire!

Nature: Bold
              Bump, imma join!

Anxiety here is my major but currently going through a bit of depression as well which is making life haaaard af.

For me anxiety is like... stress constantly and sometimes I can trigger these panic attacks which usually go for four hours of me feeling SICK af and don't really stop unless I drink a lot of water or sleep. Good news is it's usually at night though... which makes sense. Night as a whole kinda gives me anxiety tbh. :/

The thing that helps me the most is probably... Pokemon Go (reading) & Big Bang Theory (watching).

What about you guys? Is there like a show you guys like to watch to help?

so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
              Pokemon Go & Mobile Games Moderator

... make your dreams come true :heart:

Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

#16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 31st, 2018 (9:28 AM).
              of the Final Day

I play Warriors games when I'm stressed...they're easy to play and yield very satisfying results with minimal effort. I don't really have anything I can watch, though - I'm not interested in anime anymore, and as much as I love Grimm I don't want to binge watch it because finding another show I enjoy as much as it will be difficult.

I could really use a new one right now though, because I'm shutting down an awful lot. Things I used to enjoy hold very little pleasure for me, sleep is difficult and I am frequently waking up with crippling headaches (and I really need to stop taking painkillers; I've been taking 1-2 a day for about three years now...) and my appetite...well, I'm not looking forward to my monthly checkup on Monday.
                #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 31st, 2018 (9:38 AM). Edited August 31st, 2018 by hoshiko.
              PC's jacksepticeye enthusiast

Nature: Gentle
                hello i am gonna join if that's okay. i have major depressive disorder and have had it for as long as i can remember. for me, that's 13. it's hard to remember stuff from my childhood. i suspect i might've went through some sort of trauma or something as a child (maybe my parent's horrid relationship?) but i really honestly can't remember. it's very fuzzy. i also have general anxiety disorder and social anxiety (2 separate diagnoses) and..if it's okay to bring up, i am also a recovering self harmer. it's hard sometimes.

ive managed to get my mental illnesses under control for the most part without a therapist or medicine (ive been without these about a year or so now because of no insurance) but i do wish to see a therapist again once i get on my moms work insurance. that would be nice. i am in college though and it does get really hard sometimes but..i manage. i am also unemployed because my mental state cannot handle both work and school. i am looking to get into maybe getting some sort of disability as income?

anyways yeah that's me i guess. sorry for all this weird general info.
                  #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old August 31st, 2018 (5:21 PM).
                away jan 7 - jan 20

Quote:
                Night as a whole kinda gives me anxiety tbh. :/
                I understand this. It seems like that's the case for me too. =s Nothing helps me much personally, seems like once I'm feeling anxious the feeling just won't go away since my mind overly concentrates on it...I'd just need to sleep it away. I'm really happy I managed to find good over-the-counter meds that actually work for me, going to a mental health doctor is still something I don't feel ready for yet.

sheep x bobandbill 5ever
                  #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 1st, 2018 (7:50 AM).
                of the Final Day

Specialists are...hit-or-miss, I've found. They can help you organise your thoughts and make sense of things, or they make you feel much worse, depending on their chosen methodology and the rapport you build...if you build it. If they bother. I didn't seek hypnotherapy for a couple of years after I was discharged from secondary care...I didn't leave the house or speak to anyone besides my parents or my doctor for six months after that. It was that bad for me. But I have a lot of trust in my GP. So yeah, hit-and-miss I think.

Don't let the possibility of failure dissuade you if you ever feel like talking to someone else may help, but at the same time...be careful. Nobody knows you better than you know yourself, and there is this tendency to be boxed in by labels, whether they fit or not.

I feel like there is too much we don't know about the mind for there to be a general methodology, honestly. Mental illness is not as simple as physical illness, and some of the books I've read - even on those more open to interpretation, like mindfulness practices - try too hard to take a one-size-fits-all approach, with very subtle but definite blame placed to you if it doesn't work for you: you're not "doing it right" or you have a reason that you DON'T want it work that you're not aware of, or something like that. It's never the fault of the practice.

Would that it were as simple as just taking some form of medication or doing some exercise to remove these things >.>
                  #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 2nd, 2018 (5:13 PM).

Hey! I have a few conditions actually.
                My over all condition started to deteriorate when I was just 12, from years of harsh bullying and severe neglect from my family. I've never had any friends, like at all, this is not an exaggeration.
                I've had people, peers and adults, since I was a little kid, threaten me, hit me, manipulate me, humiliate me and my life has been threatened before.
                Like I mean parents of kids I went to school with started hurtful rumors about my family and I. It was awful but we couldn't afford to move.

I have been bullied and abused all my life and still am being. I have PTSD and borderline personality disorder from my abuse, along with severe anxiety and depression and I'm autistic.
                Even in college, actual professors kicked me from their program because they did not want an autistic student, no one did anything because they had a good reputation.
                And now my step father is horrible to my mother and I, he threatens us a lot, tries to make us believe we owe him, demands money and other things from us.

I feel like I don't get a break really. Sorry if this is long.

The sky is falling, seal the borders, heighten the anxiety
                A steady diet of hysteria shapes history
                  #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 6th, 2018 (6:22 PM).
                away jan 7 - jan 20

Quote:
                But I have a lot of trust in my GP.
                This can make a huge difference in your mental state. I'm glad it's the case and hope you can continue seeing him/her =)

Mary that makes me so sad just to read )): So sorry this has happened to you. If you feel ok talking about it, is your mother going to deal with stepdad despite how he's behaving towards you? Definitely not a good thing for someone with mental health issues....or anyone at all.....

sheep x bobandbill 5ever
                  #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 14th, 2018 (4:39 PM).

I've struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life.

My anxiety is mostly social. I have a hard time meeting new people and building relationships because of it. It really sucks, because there are so many times where I want to be friends with certain people but my anxiety gets in the way and prevents me from striking up a convo with them. I've had panic attacks from certain social situations, such as meeting a group of new people at one time instead of like 2 which I find easier. My skin gets blotchy and red when I am really anxious, but luckily that doesn't always happen.

I've always had a profound sadness that I could never explain or find the cause of. I could be having a great day and be in a good mood, but then all of a sudden feel sad and even feel like crying. Like today for example was a pretty good day, but right now I am feeling depressed and lonely.

But yeah. Thought I would come here and join.
                  #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old September 14th, 2018 (5:17 PM).
                PC's jacksepticeye enthusiast

Nature: Gentle
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Toshiro. View Post
                  I've struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life.

My anxiety is mostly social. I have a hard time meeting new people and building relationships because of it. It really sucks, because there are so many times where I want to be friends with certain people but my anxiety gets in the way and prevents me from striking up a convo with them. I've had panic attacks from certain social situations, such as meeting a group of new people at one time instead of like 2 which I find easier. My skin gets blotchy and red when I am really anxious, but luckily that doesn't always happen.

I've always had a profound sadness that I could never explain or find the cause of. I could be having a great day and be in a good mood, but then all of a sudden feel sad and even feel like crying. Like today for example was a pretty good day, but right now I am feeling depressed and lonely.

But yeah. Thought I would come here and join.
                  can relate. i have no local friends cause of my social anxiety :/ i hope things get better for you though.
                    #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old September 14th, 2018 (5:30 PM).
                  away jan 7 - jan 20

I'm sorry guys. Anxiety is really rough but it should never define us, so don't let it delude you into thinking that's all you're made up of. I'm sure you'll find more people and situations that don't make you so uncomfortable. They are always out there! It's okay to not be very social.

But yeah, it's the same for me. Part of the reason I've not met many PC members yet (despite having plenty of opportunities to) was because I get panicky and afraid. My heart rate will skyrocket and I become afraid of how they'll see me once we meet. It's silly and irrational, but alas...the brain loves to think stupid things.

sheep x bobandbill 5ever
                    #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old September 15th, 2018 (4:02 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by hoshiko View Post
                  can relate. i have no local friends cause of my social anxiety :/ i hope things get better for you though.
                  Thank you, I appreciate that and hope the same for you.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
                  But yeah, it's the same for me. Part of the reason I've not met many PC members yet (despite having plenty of opportunities to) was because I get panicky and afraid. My heart rate will skyrocket and I become afraid of how they'll see me once we meet. It's silly and irrational, but alas...the brain loves to think stupid things.
                  Same here with meeting PC members. I've had opportunities but get so nervous ;-;

Quick Reply