The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 10th, 2018 (12:24 AM).
This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
Have an (official) Jazz remix of MH tunes I stumbled upon recently.

That's one thing to like about Capcom - they do this sort of thing for their games quite often.
  #52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 10th, 2018 (12:01 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
How could I overlook this for so long?

Name: Zemanahrad
Weapon Main: Great Sword in MH4U, but I would like to try Bow or other ranged weapons in Gen/World
Currently playing: MH4U, but I'm slowly buying World

I haven't been playing for months, but picked up MH4U again last week and got almost destroyed by Purple Gypceros before I got it to the hands.
  #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 10th, 2018 (12:46 PM).

finally came in just now

Been playing the MH Stories demo and that's been fun, I think I might pick up the full game sometime down the line.
  #54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 10th, 2018 (3:58 PM).

Yay! I hope you like the games!

Also I've added you to the list, Zemanahrad. Welcome to the club! n_n

#55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 10th, 2018 (7:36 PM).
Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nah View Post

finally came in just now

Been playing the MH Stories demo and that's been fun, I think I might pick up the full game sometime down the line.
    stories is the only one I own, for that one I won't give spoilers, but the attacks are Not random. Many say it is and will try to convince you that is how it is but it isnt.

Watch me on the tubes! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcvEBrEeprmwf-csVTLH-jw
      #56   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 10th, 2018 (11:58 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Also I've added you to the list, Zemanahrad. Welcome to the club! n_n
    Thanks.

To add something to the discussion, I've heard a lot of good things about Stories and its battle system. The demo was fun and it was one of the reasons why I picked MH4U again earlier this year.
      #57   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 11th, 2018 (3:46 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Calzone407 View Post
    but the attacks are Not random. Many say it is and will try to convince you that is how it is but it isnt.
    How so exactly? I know that monster tend towards certain actions and have patterns--Velocipreys usually go for Speed attacks for example--so that it's not all completely random, but are you saying that there's literally no RNG in monster attacks at all?
      #58   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old September 11th, 2018 (5:35 AM).

Quote:
      How so exactly? I know that monster tend towards certain actions and have patterns--Velocipreys usually go for Speed attacks for example--so that it's not all completely random, but are you saying that there's literally no RNG in monster attacks at all?
      Yes. Maybe not with the early monsters, or maybe just in the demo, but.later in the game it isn't RNG, I know because when I played through the only reason I won is because I figured out their attack pattern. I may make a video explaining what i mean, with the fighting of an actual monster involved

#59   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 11th, 2018 (7:11 AM).

I'm actually very curious about that because I often suspected the same thing. I never walked to look it up though because I felt like it would spoil the game for me. I'd be interested in hearing how you came to that conclusion!

#60   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 11th, 2018 (10:09 AM).

Quote:
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=5KPBLlbM0j8
        There. Have fun!

#61   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 14th, 2018 (5:48 AM).

So I've been going through the tutorial missions in MHG the past few days. Just have one more 1* quest to do and then we'll see what happens next.

Glad that they have those weapons+styles tutorial quests, it helped me get a feel for the combat a little better. Basically right now I think that Hammer and the bowguns is what I'm gonna use.
          #62   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 14th, 2018 (6:16 AM). Edited September 14th, 2018 by Dawn.
        of the Final Day

Nature: Quiet
        I...have never actually used the Hammer before. What style are you using it with? :o

I hear many good things about Adept LBG, but Adept style seems a natural fit for gunner weapons...especially considering Gunner armour is basically paper from HR onwards. Going gunner is a good way to learn a monster the hard way, as you'll take half as many hits before dying. Blademaster armour makes the game feel VERY lenient after you've been a gunner for most of it. xD

Generally I'm not a fan of slower weapons, but with Valor style now being a thing I am building towards a Valor GS set...which is going to be Valstrax X with Focus and Crit Draw, because I'm lazy. Boltreaver's armour looks like it'd be good with Aerial GS though...

...also, Village 10* is pretty terrifying. Narkakos, Amatsu, Akantor, Ukanlos, AND Alatreon as the final set of urgents? Alatreon in particular is scaring the hell out of me...and these aren't even G-Rank. I should really stop playing, but I can't. xD
          #63   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 14th, 2018 (1:29 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
        I...have never actually used the Hammer before. What style are you using it with? :o

D
        Striker. Though styles are still something I need to play around with some.

Or I suppose more like everything, it’s not like I know anything at this point, way too early for that lol
          #64   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 14th, 2018 (3:42 PM). Edited September 14th, 2018 by Fairy.

I'll be doing Lao-Shan Lung farming tonight if anyone playing Gen Ultimate needs it. o/

edit; sorry I posted this without reading any of the above posts, ahh.

@Nah, I'll add Hammer and Bowgun to the thread! Are you using Light or Heavy? I actually used the Hammer recently and while I don't think I'll be maining it anytime soon, I was pleasantly surprised by how fast it hit. Although I used Guild and Adept, it was still really enjoyable to bash the hell out of a Rathalos lol. Oh and if you want help with learning about hunter arts and styles I can give you a hand / recommend some videos!

@Dawn, I just finished the Village 10* today and woooow. Still I'd rather fight all those elders than a Hyper Golden Rathian, tbh.

#65   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 14th, 2018 (5:35 PM).

Anybody want to battle me in MHST? I wanna see how good I actually am

#66   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 14th, 2018 (8:53 PM).
          of the Final Day

Quote:
          Striker. Though styles are still something I need to play around with some.

Or I suppose more like everything, it’s not like I know anything at this point, way too early for that lol
          I seeeeee. Being able to run 3 hunting arts is pretty nice for some weapons I think! Sometimes 3 just isn't enough though. xD

Quote:
          @Dawn, I just finished the Village 10* today and woooow. Still I'd rather fight all those elders than a Hyper Golden Rathian, tbh.
          How about Hyper Gold + Hyper Silver together? That's the hub quest you have to do to unlock Chaos Oil III...it took me about 3 hours of repeated tries with others to do that one >.>

One of the Advanced Village quests is regular G-Rank Gold + Silver too...that'll be fun. I can't decide which one of the two is worse, honestly. I've been using Crimson Fatalis SnS for pretty much everything, but I think for those two I'm going to go out of my way to get Thunderlord's SnS maxed out...I'll lose Critical Eye +2, but I don't want the hunt to last any longer than it has to...
            #67   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 15th, 2018 (4:37 AM).

Quote:
          @Nah, I'll add Hammer and Bowgun to the thread! Are you using Light or Heavy? I actually used the Hammer recently and while I don't think I'll be maining it anytime soon, I was pleasantly surprised by how fast it hit. Although I used Guild and Adept, it was still really enjoyable to bash the hell out of a Rathalos lol. Oh and if you want help with learning about hunter arts and styles I can give you a hand / recommend some videos!
          Both the light and heavy ones at the moment. Idk if I'll end up sticking with using both or just one of them though.

Actually the thing that I want to learn about most right now though that I'll need help on is equipment.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
          I seeeeee. Being able to run 3 hunting arts is pretty nice for some weapons I think! Sometimes 3 just isn't enough though. xD
          It is yeah. It also charges a little faster in that style, which is good.
            #68   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 15th, 2018 (4:53 AM).
          of the Final Day

Quote:
          Actually the thing that I want to learn about most right now though that I'll need help on is equipment.
          First thing I'd recommend you do is download Athena's Armour Set Search - it's a fantastic resource for building armour sets with the skills you want. You can typically fit 3-4 skills per set...unless you have a good charm, anyway. But it's a good idea to start with a full set of a single monster first and then use that as a foundation whilst you farm other monsters for a mixed set, in my opinion.

Don't farm Low Rank monsters for armour, though. Your armour will be rendered obsolete quickly and an upgraded starter set will be good enough to see you through to the start of High Rank.

Pierce Up, Repeat Offender, Critical Eye +1/2/3, and Critical Boost are good skills for bowguns. Asides from Pierce Up they're generally pretty good for Blademaster weapons too - crit is kinda the metagame in Monster Hunter when it comes to skills and it really does help kill things quicker. Attack Up S/M/L is always nice to have though, and whilst you're learning a monster, Divine Blessing is pretty handy to have.

Quote:
          It is yeah. It also charges a little faster in that style, which is good.
          Yeah, it's a nice little boost...especially if you combine it with Hunter's Drinks and/or a deviant monster weapon. I ran Adept style for pretty much all of Generations with Bow, and I never really appreciated hunter arts until I started running Striker with SnS in GU recently! That said, the Bow doesn't have too many noteworthy skills (in fact, I would say the only one is Haste Rain) so that might be why. SnS you're spoilt for choice...
            #69   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 15th, 2018 (11:33 AM).

Any recommendations for some armor to go for right now btw? You said not to farm low rank monsters so I'm not sure what I can or should be looking for early in the game like this.
            #70   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 15th, 2018 (12:01 PM). Edited September 15th, 2018 by Dawn.
          of the Final Day

One set you could consider is the BuJaBuJaBu set. It's basically:

Buldrome Cap
          Jaggi Mail
          Bulldrome Braces
          Jaggi Faulds
          Bulldrome Greaves
          4x Attack gems

Gets you Attack Up (L) and would easily see you through LR and the first portion of HR. It doesn't require a huge amount of farming, either. Really, you don't need more advanced skills or better armour from stronger monsters until you're in HR and things are starting to hit harder and take longer.

I recommend not to farm LR monsters for armour, but it's a good idea to do so for weapons - elemental damage is always a nice thing to have for different situations, and most weapons need LR monster parts for their base forms. It also gives you a chance to learn the monster's attack patterns etc. so you're more prepared for HR. Just don't waste the item drops on sets of armour that will be rendered obsolete soon enough. xD

Also! I dunno if you've stumbled across this or not, but Kiranico is a great database to see what weapons you can get and what quests you can get drops from, etc.
            #71   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 16th, 2018 (4:39 AM).

There's also sets like Rathalos and Glavenus that are overall just really good no matter what rank you're at.

I also finally broke my HR! I'm at 51, iirc! Which honestly isn't very high at all considering I sorta rushed into the late game lol. Now I've gotta build a decent G-rank set and I honestly think I'm going to go for the Valstrax. I still need to compare the limit broken sets to their G-rank counterparts.

#72   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 16th, 2018 (5:08 AM).
          of the Final Day

The deviant armour sets - Dreadking and Hellblade in particular, unless you're running a status build, in which case Dreadqueen - are all fantastic as well, as they're the only sets that are viable in both LR and HR. A lot of people run Hellblade for sharpness + razor sharp, although I found Dreaking's set more useful...roars are annoying as hell when you don't have Adept style.

...plus it looks sooooo much better. Add the rainbow pigment to the cape and it's great. xD

Valstrax X and Neset seem to be the most popular choices online for full armour sets outside of deviants, although I've seen a few people running Dreadking and Soulseer :o

I've not played in a couple of days now and I think I might be pretty much done...the 10* Advanced quests are probably too much for me (painful memories of Out of the Fry Pan make me reluctant to even attempt them) and I'm not really willing to subscribe to Nintendo's rubbish online service at the moment =/

Back to World I guess!
            #73   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 17th, 2018 (1:01 AM).
          This is fine.

Quote:
          I also finally broke my HR! I'm at 51, iirc! Which honestly isn't very high at all considering I sorta rushed into the late game lol. Now I've gotta build a decent G-rank set and I honestly think I'm going to go for the Valstrax. I still need to compare the limit broken sets to their G-rank counterparts.
          Congrats! Have seen you online a couple times but your hub was always full, rip.

Still on HR12 myself, being fighting other stuff instead of keys when I've played, and helped a friend get a good G-rank armour set.
            #74   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 18th, 2018 (4:03 PM). Edited September 18th, 2018 by Fairy.

Hey hunters! Just so you know there's server maintenance for MHGU going on tonight at 8:50PM EST!

Edit; also don't forget to update your Switch get Nintendo Online so you can pay for what was previously a free feature for online hunting!

#75   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old September 19th, 2018 (12:17 PM).

paying for basic online functionality for gaming systems in 2018 is gross

but in other news, I beat the Testucabra and unlocked 3* village quests today

Quick Reply