The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#76   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 19th, 2018 (3:27 PM).

Yeah, I'm highkey bitter about that, tbh. :/

Also congrats, Nah! Once you start doing Hub quests let us know! n_n;

#77   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2018 (11:53 AM).

oh hey so question:

There's this village quest that came up that's about picking mushrooms that the game makes very obvious that there's going to be an unexpected boss monster in. It's some currently unnamed T-Rex thing that spits lava and its tail is like a blade.

Am I supposed to kill it now, or is this one of those bosses where it shows up early but you're not supposed to beat it till later because plot, and so should just try to pick shrooms with it breathing down my neck?
  #78   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2018 (12:58 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah View Post
oh hey so question:

There's this village quest that came up that's about picking mushrooms that the game makes very obvious that there's going to be an unexpected boss monster in. It's some currently unnamed T-Rex thing that spits lava and its tail is like a blade.

Am I supposed to kill it now, or is this one of those bosses where it shows up early but you're not supposed to beat it till later because plot, and so should just try to pick shrooms with it breathing down my neck?
That would be Glavenus. He's a tough one to start out but once you learn the patterns it's very easy to predict. Usually in those quests though, the goal is to avoid the monster at all costs and get the mushroom to the box.

And in the future, if you find yourself doing a similar quest with eggs, eat for Felyne Strong cat.

#79   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2018 (4:58 AM).

Sorry for the double post!

Those of you in G4 Urgent: I'm going to be doing Ahtal-Ka runs to help hunters out. Come join me! 7755-1826-2784

Also if there's anyone here with a LOT of TIME and PATIENCE... I've sorta neglected doing anything Deviant hunts on my own? Despite having most of the armors, I've not actually been the quest host. So if anyone wants to help me grind out Deviants from 1 - 15 +super I'd be grateful! Ehhhehehhhh...ehhhhhh....

#80   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2018 (5:01 AM).
of the Final Day

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
Sorry for the double post!

Those of you in G4 Urgent: I'm going to be doing Ahtal-Ka runs to help hunters out. Come join me! 7755-1826-2784

Also if there's anyone here with a LOT of TIME and PATIENCE... I've sorta neglected doing anything Deviant hunts on my own? Despite having most of the armors, I've not actually been the quest host. So if anyone wants to help me grind out Deviants from 1 - 15 +super I'd be grateful! Ehhhehehhhh...ehhhhhh....
I'm in the same boat with the deviants - I've only cleared Dreadqueen, Dreadking, Thunderlord and Hellblade up to X and the rest are untouched! xD

...on a minor note, the 10* Advanced Village quests are all infuriatingly unfair >.>
  #81   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2018 (5:05 AM).

At least you got that far! I think my highest Deviant unlock is... V, maybe VI? The rest are all below that, sobbbb. With G-Rank gear I'm sure I'll be able to grind it out but still I should have just done the damn quests in Generations lol.

And yeah, totally agreed. Village 10* ain't fooling around.

#82   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2018 (5:11 AM).
of the Final Day

It takes a while to do them in turns rooms...and god almighty, people in G-Rank turns rooms in this game are AWFUL. I've seen more "turns no deviants" rooms than anything else, and those who ARE doing them are doing the EX versions...I'm only HR 97, so. Maybe we could do a room sometime for them? :o

I can't even do the Gold Rathian with either of my weapons (SnS and Bow) so idk what I'm going to do...I was going to build a Silverwind LBG and work on that - as good as Valor HBG apparently is, Adept LBG sounds a lot like Adept Bow, just without the critical distance factor that makes hitting weak points damn near IMPOSSIBLE in solo when the monster is breathing down your neck - but idk yet. Been fooling around with Aerial IG in low rank hubs for kicks. xD
  #83   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2018 (11:20 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
I finally got time to play some more and got to 8* quests in MH4U. So far I've used high rank Velicoprey armor and it worked good so far, but I'm thinking about changing it. What are some good armor sets I can get at this point of the game? I was thinking about farming Monoblast one, but breaking its horn so many times sounds like a boring chore.
  #84   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2018 (11:25 PM).
This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy
I can help with this. Mostly have interest in the generation four (Glavenus, etc).

I only have a few progressed; Snowbarren up to 10 (did that back in MHG), Deadeye Yian Garuga (for a nice longsword; up to 13 but as I'm HR12 I can't currently progress further without bothering to do the keys), and now Dreadqueen Rathian (as I want to progress on a weapon and I need a Rathian Plate which is a low/high rank item that's annoyingly rare; figured I might as well grind that up and hope for getting it...) Managed to do number 6 or 7 last night with one random, the one that requires capturing and only using on-site items. People did not like it even after I helped them with their own G-level capture quests... it's only high rank guys @_@
  #85   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 25th, 2018 (2:55 PM).

I'm going to have to take you up on that lol. Now that I have G-Rank armor I'm sure I can grind out some of the earlier deviants but after that is iffy.

Also dude tell me about it, I've got like 50 Rathian Spike+'s but 2 plates? Absolutely nonsense.

But hey, lets start a discussion! Not all of us are playing the same MH game but they do all have one thing in common! Elder Dragons!

So what's your favorite and least favorite Elder Dragon?

#86   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 25th, 2018 (9:30 PM). Edited September 26th, 2018 by Dawn.
of the Final Day

I beat the Advanced Village Gold Rathian last night and I am so proud of myself. It took me a few tries, and I carted twice and was on edge for the last 10 minutes - plus I forgot oils and traps like an idiot - but I still did it!

1 down...15 to go. Kill me now.

EDIT:

2 down, 14 to go...Silver Rath was actually pretty easy. Both of them together...ugh. I feel like its doable, but Gold Rathian needs to stop being a cheating cancer. I captured Silver Rath in about 17 minutes then carted to her 3 times...rattata. I seriously hate her. I think I need a break from these to hunt something else...or a different game entirely. Because I am so goddamn angry >.>

ANYWAYS.

My favourite Elder Dragon is Vaal Hazak, because he's the one who gives me the least grief. I also love the idea of a corpse dragon, and he has a pretty great battle theme. Probably the only new music in World that I actually like. I love Shagaru Magala for its fantastic bow armour sets, and Ceadeus for its unique nature and battle theme, too.

Least favourite...god, I don't know, I hate most Elder Dragons. Kirin doesn't sit still, Teostra has that annoying flame aura and a love for blast, Kushala Daora pushes you away regularly, Zorah Magdaros is the most boring fight I've ever experience in MH period, and Alatreon is just...the personfication of all evil.

Probably Alatreon. Lots of bad memories with Tri. And GU recently, as every hunt turns into a seizure fest as people frequently try and flashbomb him down when he's enraged, which of course doesn't work...
  #87   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 27th, 2018 (2:29 AM).

Well done! Here’s hoping your good hunting luck keeps up. I, on the other hand, have been trying desperately and failing at farming Ultimas Crystals. Ahtal-Ka can kiss my Ahtal-ass.

I think my favorite Elders are the Luna/Teostra duo, Amatsu, Dalamadur, and Shagaru.

Worst for me are Kirin, Fatalis, and Jhen / Dah’ren Mohran. Sometimes Chameleos too lol. But Kirin for sure. Ughhhhhh.

#88   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 27th, 2018 (5:22 AM).
of the Final Day

I'm taking a short break to get myself a couple of maxxed out Healer Palicoes...and to get the Astral X set for transmog. xD;

Ultimas Crystals are usually mined or shiny drops, I've found...it's Iridescent Carapaces that have been giving me grief. I have Crimson Fatalis SnS and IG so I don't need Ahtal's gear persay, but I'd quite like to try some weapons and they're pretty optimal for a lot of weapon types...

Did World enhance your hatred for Kirin too? I swear it was worse in that game...although that's probably because Tempered Kirin was HR break, and everyone died, and soloing it...yeeeeah.
  #89   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (5:03 AM).

Is it sad that the palicos i can hire are all higher levels than my own palicos? .__.;

Actually, it was MH4U that inspired my hatred for Kirin. I didn't even *attempt* Kirin in World because why tf would i want to do that? lmao.

I just have monsters that for some reason my brain just can't fight. Kirin is one of them, along with Cephadrome, Yian Garuga (lowkey hate Marcin for making me fight the deviant), Blangonga, and Niblesnarf.

#90   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (5:10 AM).
of the Final Day

Same...it's kind of a relief actually, because training Palicoes is about as much fun as gathering quests. I could never get the hang of using a Prowler either, it feels like they're on rollerskates...

I didn't get that far in 4U, and I imagine I'd find it hard to go back to it after GU, haha. Kirin in World is pretty infamous...even with Thunderproof Mantle and thunder-resistant equipment, the Tempered one can kill you in 2-3 hits. It inflicts stun more often than Diablos (what the hell was with stun in World, too?!) and it's...Kirin. It doesn't sit still. You bounce off it 90% of the time without Mind's Eye. It has Plesioth-level broken hitboxes and it's tiny. Kirin is the worst.

Rajang is that for me. I HATE Rajang. Mizutsune was that for me as well when I was learning Adept Bow...soooooo many triple carts...and Gold Rathian is heading that way too, because she cheats. She's a filthy cheater.
  #91   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (5:26 AM).

ok so I'm not the only person who's had issues with Blagonga and Niblesnarf, that's good to know

though I still have yet to make it to the point where I can encounter any of these...."fun" monsters you guys are talking about
  #92   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (5:43 AM).

Oh I do like using Palicos! I just can't be bothered to train them lol. But like Palicos are the number 1 Amatsu hard counter, so that's always fun.

Even after 3000 hours of playing I still can't get over that mental block for some of those bastards. Sadly "fun" monsters are actually pretty subjective. I really like the Rajang and Alatreon fight. Also fast monsters like Nargacuga and Zinogre. But it is a SLOW crawl from village to hub.

#93   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (5:46 AM). Edited September 28th, 2018 by Dawn.
of the Final Day

Gammoth is fun. He's just a giant, slow-moving target. Run Aerial style when you fight Gammoth for the first time, you'll enjoy it. xD

I don't think "fun" really enters the picture until you're in the endgame, though. When a hunt becomes more of a sport than a desperate struggle just to kill the bloody thing...most of the time. Endgame Gen there are still monsters (most Hyper Monsters, and multi-monster quests) that are the opposite of fun, and GU has G-Rank...

I suppose once you've learned the monster's attack patterns any hunt can be fun though. Or this is what people far better than me at the game keep telling me. My problem is that I know exactly what monsters like Alatreon are going to do and I also know I don't stand a chance in avoiding it. xD

I think my favourite monster to hunt is probably Deviljho, though. Just the right amount of tension...usually. Hyper Deviljho hits far too hard. Gore and Shagaru Magala are a lot of fun to hunt, too.
  #94   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (5:53 AM).

YES DEVILJHO IS BEST PICKLE

#95   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 29th, 2018 (10:24 AM).
This is fine.

Did the G4 keys and urgent with my friend and some randoms today. =) A bit of back-and-forth with quests but worked out in the end, no failures! I actually rather enjoyed fighting that new monster, was a cool concept and fun throughout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
I'm going to have to take you up on that lol. Now that I have G-Rank armor I'm sure I can grind out some of the earlier deviants but after that is iffy.
As said, hit me up when you're free to hunt! Happy to help-
Quote:
I just have monsters that for some reason my brain just can't fight. Kirin is one of them, along with Cephadrome, Yian Garuga (lowkey hate Marcin for making me fight the deviant), Blangonga, and Niblesnarf.
Oh :<
Quote:
Also dude tell me about it, I've got like 50 Rathian Spike+'s but 2 plates? Absolutely nonsense.
I still have none and up to 9 or 10 with dreadqueen rathian, and it's suppose to have the best chance for plates! Aaaaaaaaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Rajang is that for me. I HATE Rajang. Mizutsune was that for me as well when I was learning Adept Bow...soooooo many triple carts...and Gold Rathian is heading that way too, because she cheats. She's a filthy cheater.
Agreed with the hate on Rajang. Had to fight it twice more, and I had already done that quest before today. ;_; Jumps about too dang much with little warning, and when it's knocked over it gets back up pretty quickly. Learnt for the first time it can break pitfall traps too. >:[

With Elder Dragons I also quite like Ceadeus. Maybe some bias in that it's the first I fought iirc...? But also the premise behind it, and that fight music. It's beautiful.
  #96   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 6th, 2018 (4:21 AM).

Oh hey, so I got a couple more questions:

What sort of attacks are dragon elemental attacks supposed to be? Like, it's easy to tell when an attack's a fire one or a thunder one, but dragon? What even is classified as a true dragon in this game?

When farming a boss monster for parts/materials, is it better to capture it or kill it?
  #97   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 6th, 2018 (5:00 AM).
of the Final Day

Dragon element attacks are kinda like a...red/black lightning? That's the best way to describe it, I think. It's a lot more subtle than most elements, because it's used more with claws/teeth rather than projectile...except for Deviljho anyway, which will breathe it all over you.

Dragons in Monster Hunter are Elder Dragons. So for Generations, that'd be Alatreon, Amatsu, Chameleos, Kirin, Kushala Daora, Teostra, Shagaru Magala, and Narkakos. You can usually tell them apart from other monsters as they often have Slay/Repel as the objective, rather than Hunt/Capture, and traps don't work on them at all.

As for getting specific parts...it depends on what the part is. I'd recommend checking Kiranico on a case-by-case basis, but I think generally it's better to capture monsters rather than kill them. But a lot of parts won't drop even then unless you do the subquest or wound/sever a specific body part.
  #98   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 7th, 2018 (9:57 AM).
This is fine.

Yeah, with the capture or kill question it depends what you need, really. The rates can vary with the item; some are carve-only while others much better chances from capturing.
  #99   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 8th, 2018 (1:27 PM).

For the dragon element, just be careful because once you're inflicted with Dragon blight you'll take twice as much damage from Dragon attacks. That's where it can get really spooky.

As for Capture/Hunt - like bobandbill said, some items have a higher chance to drop when you capture, whereas all items will drop normally when killed. There's also trophies associated with capture, so it's better to get into the habit of doing it more often than not.

#100   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 13th, 2018 (11:30 AM).

so I made it to high rank today

Narkarkos can go psyduck off though, I don't want to see it again ;_;

except that the game will undoubtedly make me have to try and kill it at some point in the future

Quick Reply