The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#101   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 17th, 2018 (5:20 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah View Post
so I made it to high rank today

Narkarkos can go psyduck off though, I don't want to see it again ;_;

except that the game will undoubtedly make me have to try and kill it at some point in the future
Sorry I'm late to this but congrats!! You're reached the final stage of the game. n_n

Yeah Narkarkos is kinda a pain. I mean, I LOVE its design and the whole dead + boney cuttlefish motif, but I found during the first hunt that the game really doesn't give you a good idea on how to kill/repel it. Like I still don't know if hitting the arms does overall damage to Narkarkos or just stuns it and drops ammo for you to actually hurt it, you know? Also @Nah are you hunting online yet or soloing? Cause I'll jump onto my 3DS if you want to hunt!

So I am officially working on Fatalis armor! I think it's going to be a good overall set to use with any weapon / style. Right now my Valstrax armor is really geared towards DBs since I rely on the three slots and can't be bothered to move decorations. But the Fatalis armor seems like it'll work with most everything so I'm excited about that!

#102   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 17th, 2018 (11:24 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
Yeah Narkarkos is kinda a pain. I mean, I LOVE its design and the whole dead + boney cuttlefish motif, but I found during the first hunt that the game really doesn't give you a good idea on how to kill/repel it. Like I still don't know if hitting the arms does overall damage to Narkarkos or just stuns it and drops ammo for you to actually hurt it, you know? Also @Nah are you hunting online yet or soloing? Cause I'll jump onto my 3DS if you want to hunt!
I'm not sure either. The rest of it kind of seemed impervious to damage, so I figured that to repel if I just kept whacking the bone tentacle arm things that it'd eventually go away, especially since when you beat up both enough it topples Narkarkos.

I haven't done any online play yet, I was never really a multiplayer sort of person, was never comfortable hooking up with randoms. But I think that I'll have to take you up on your offer. I've been trying for the past 2 days to hunt Silverwind Nargacuga so I can make the armor set, but haven't even been able to beat it once. I basically know what to do against it, but it kills me in like 2-3 hits and boss monsters take forever to kill in this game, so it eventually gets me. So maybe I need someone else hitting it too.

If you'd being willing to do it with someone who's never played online before and enough times to make the armor anyway
  #103   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 19th, 2018 (11:51 PM).

Hell yeah im in! DM me your FC the next time you hunt we’ll kick some ass!

On another cool note, I finally finished my Fatalis armor! Right now I’ve got these skills:

- Critical eye +3
- Sharpness +1
- Razor Sharp
- Challenge Sheath
- Wellness (Negates Poison, Paralysis, Sleep, and Stun)

So I’m fairly happy with it! :)

#104   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 20th, 2018 (6:44 AM).
This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
Congrats on getting up to high rank, Nah! And nice armour set, Fairy!

Not played much thanks to long-term net issues sadly... of the multiplayer. Did a bunch of the key quests on single player so now I have more box space again, thank goodness. But even if net downtime continues I think the next I want to play is multiplayer again to max out some weapons finally, start some new ones, and work on some armour sets.
  #105   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 26th, 2018 (5:58 PM).

Ugh working on fully upgrading the Fatalis armor is torture. The drops are just so damn stubborn. >:(

But I did finally complete the G-Rank Silver Rath armor. It's not exactly the best thing out there (would def be better in a mixed set) but it looks great and I just can't say no to that, haha. I also started on the Akantor G-Rank armor because I just had the spare materials but blunt was nerfed so hard in G that it's really useless for anything other than the fire resist and HG Earplugs.

#106   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 27th, 2018 (12:28 PM).

Double post but I'm the thread owner and moderator sue me.

Nah and I are doing SilverWind Nargacuga grinding on Generations (NOT ULTIMATE) right now, so hit me up on discord if you guys want in.

Fairy#7975

#107   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 29th, 2018 (11:30 AM).

woo, Silverwind armor is fully functional now!

when I first started going for it, I had no idea that it'd be that much work to make the whole thing and upgrade it all the way to level 6 so the special skill unlocks, but now I have it thanks to Jo and the other people who helped me with the Silverwind quests (and getting me to HR 7 too) =)
  #108   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 12th, 2018 (6:59 AM).

So it's been a hot minute! What's everyone hunting lately? :) Those of you who don't have Generations Ultimate, are you considering getting it?

#109   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 12th, 2018 (7:04 AM).
This is fine.

Played a bit again yesterday, first with a friend (just two of us) having "fun" against hyper Astalos. We did beat it once at least. Then I fought other hyper monsters with randoms. Got my thunder element insect glaive, as well as my Barioth armour set, fully upgraded! Now I can think about taking on Deadeye G5. :V
  #110   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 12th, 2018 (2:32 PM).

Do you have your internet sorted yet??? I'm dying to actually play with you again!

#111   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 13th, 2018 (4:57 AM).

I've gotten a fair bit of stuff done. Managed to make high rank Glavenus armor for blademaster. Had to enlist the help of randoms to get it to level 4 though, as the game wanted hyper Glavenus parts to upgrade it to that level and I can't beat a hyper Glavenus by myself. Now the game wants heavy armor spheres to upgrade it though, and those are a lot harder to get than the other armor spheres (which I have plenty of). But even in this state it's still really nice to have. It's got like 500 defense and isn't fire or thunder weak.

Made some new weapons too, so now I've got a fire hammer, an ice hammer, a water hammer, and a thunder hammer, as well as a new LBG. Been trying to upgrade those as well.

Been also slowly building up a supply of stuff like demondrugs, armorskins, dung bombs, mega potions, traps, etc.

Tried to do Silverwind VII by myself, but after spending half an hour getting it down to low HP to be able to trap it, it went and bailed on me as soon as I set my trap....both times. As if Silverwind Nargs weren't annoying enough already to catch. Would try to see if I could get randoms to help me but idk if "HR 7 rattata wants your help doing on-site items only Silverwind capture quest multiple times" is something people are gonna want to join. Would probably be better to do that one with someone on here anyway.
  #112   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 14th, 2018 (8:10 AM).
This is fine.

Quote:
Do you have your internet sorted yet??? I'm dying to actually play with you again!
Yep! After much complaining last month it's been fixed. =)
Quote:
I've gotten a fair bit of stuff done. Managed to make high rank Glavenus armor for blademaster. Had to enlist the help of randoms to get it to level 4 though, as the game wanted hyper Glavenus parts to upgrade it to that level and I can't beat a hyper Glavenus by myself. Now the game wants heavy armor spheres to upgrade it though, and those are a lot harder to get than the other armor spheres (which I have plenty of). But even in this state it's still really nice to have. It's got like 500 defense and isn't fire or thunder weak.

Made some new weapons too, so now I've got a fire hammer, an ice hammer, a water hammer, and a thunder hammer, as well as a new LBG. Been trying to upgrade those as well.

Been also slowly building up a supply of stuff like demondrugs, armorskins, dung bombs, mega potions, traps, etc.

Tried to do Silverwind VII by myself, but after spending half an hour getting it down to low HP to be able to trap it, it went and bailed on me as soon as I set my trap....both times. As if Silverwind Nargs weren't annoying enough already to catch. Would try to see if I could get randoms to help me but idk if "HR 7 ***** wants your help doing on-site items only Silverwind capture quest multiple times" is something people are gonna want to join. Would probably be better to do that one with someone on here anyway.
Sounds like you are making decent progress overall. And ew, Silverwind. And on-site items only quests. People can get skeevy about helping with those. I don't mind myself.
  #113   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 20th, 2018 (7:11 AM).

With Capture Guru doing to on-site items only quests really aren't so bad imo!

And hey, good news hunters! I'm late to this news but Monster Hunter World was nominated for game of the year 2018! Really, really awesome to see MH finally get some legitimate recognition. n_n

#114   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 24th, 2018 (12:32 PM).

I managed to beat Nakarkos a bit ago! It took a bunch of tries and several hours to do it, but I finally got it....and somehow did it without getting carted the time I won. Praise be this Glavenus armor I guess lol

Game also shot me up to HR 48, which was unexpected. Thought that I'd just get promoted to HR 8 and then go from there. Even if I was expecting that, I don't think that I would've thought I'd jump up like 40 ranks though.

Quote:
And hey, good news hunters! I'm late to this news but Monster Hunter World was nominated for game of the year 2018! Really, really awesome to see MH finally get some legitimate recognition. n_n
oh that's cool
  #115   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 13th, 2018 (5:53 AM).

Monster Hunter
Club ★ Update

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD

Welcome back hunters! Over PC's downtime we received quite a bit of exciting Monster Hunter related news and events!

ICEBORNE
Quote:
Monster Hunter World is getting a icy-themed expansion, though its release is still far out. Following a tease at The Game Awards, Capcom held a special stream dedicated to the game where it revealed Iceborne, a massive expansion set to launch for PS4 and Xbox One in Fall 2019, with a PC release also to come.

Iceborne will introduce new quest ranks, locales, monsters, moves, and gear, according to Capcom. It'll also offer a new story that picks up from where World left off. Despite being compared with some of the standalone, expanded versions of previous games, Iceborne is explicitly a DLC expansion for World and will require that game to play. A price was not announced.
WITCHER 3 CROSSOVER
Quote:
That wasn't the only Monster Hunter World surprise unveiled on the stream, though. The company also announced Geralt from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt would be appearing in the game through a collaboration with CD Projekt Red. The presentation referenced Geralt finding himself in the New World, so it will include a new type of Witcher gameplay and even Geralt's own voice actors. That will come early next year.

#116   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 14th, 2018 (5:27 AM).

Guess I picked a good time to get World, with it getting an expansion announced (even if it's gonna be a while before it comes out lol). Not actually getting it until the 25th tho.
  #117   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 15th, 2018 (12:36 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I should get World to. I think I could buy it during Steam's Winter Sale.
  #118   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 17th, 2018 (3:11 PM).

Yeah I'm still too deep in MHGU to invest in World. :x

#119   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:45 PM).

man LBG is so sexy in World

i can shoot and reload while still moving (some of the time anyway)? psyduck YES
  #120   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:21 AM).

LBG is so OP in World it’s insane. I still love my DBs and IGs but seriously it’s like not even worth playing if you don’t run LBG.

#121   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:16 AM).
Life is a conundrum of esoterica

So, I'm finally the proud owner of Monster hunter.Generations 3ds (hit late tho...) anyway, I was wondering what weapon i should main, cuz I ca nt decide

Watch me on the tubes! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcvEBrEeprmwf-csVTLH-jw
      #122   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:02 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Calzone407 View Post
    So, I'm finally the proud owner of Monster hunter.Generations 3ds (hit late tho...) anyway, I was wondering what weapon i should main, cuz I ca nt decide
    Go into the training quests and try out all the weapons, and in multiple styles if you can. Then go with whichever one(s) feel best to you.

No game is perfectly balanced and so some weapons are naturally going to be better/worse than others, but imo the vastly more important things are being comfortable with your weapon/understanding how your weapon works (especially in the particular style you're using it in), how to fight each monster, and having good armor. Those things will go a long way for you.

Since you have the 3DS version, once you've made it past HR 1 and 2, let me know if you ever need help with something, as I'd love to do for others what Jo and various randoms have done for me. And if you have any questions ever, feel free to ask us. =)
      #123   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:07 AM).

Quote:
      Go into the training quests and try out all the weapons, and in multiple styles if you can. Then go with whichever one(s) feel best to you.

No game is perfectly balanced and so some weapons are naturally going to be better/worse than others, but imo the vastly more important things are being comfortable with your weapon/understanding how your weapon works (especially in the particular style you're using it in), how to fight each monster, and having good armor. Those things will go a long way for you.

Since you have the 3DS version, once you've made it past HR 1 and 2, let me know if you ever need help with something, as I'd love to do for others what Jo and various randoms have done for me. And if you have any questions ever, feel free to ask us. =)
      Thanks nah! So after a bit of stuff, I settled on Charge Blade. and by that I mean I got the demo, and tried it out first and liked it. I should probably try out some other weapons,.but it's probably one of my favorites out of the seven I've ever tried so...

And on that note I also beat the Great Maccao.

#124   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (7:53 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Calzone407 View Post
      Thanks nah! So after a bit of stuff, I settled on Charge Blade. and by that I mean I got the demo, and tried it out first and liked it. I should probably try out some other weapons,.but it's probably one of my favorites out of the seven I've ever tried so...

And on that note I also beat the Great Maccao.
      Congrats on the successful hunt! :) Charge Blade is definitely a lot of fun. Have you put any thought into buying the full version of the game?

#125   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (8:37 AM).

Quote:
        Congrats on the successful hunt! :) Charge Blade is definitely a lot of fun. Have you put any thought into buying the full version of the game?
        I couldn't find the training quests, so I got the demo. I do own the full game tho. And thanks! Since my last update i actually got to HR 3 so...! Yeah,.the game is a lot of fun!

Quick Reply