The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 28th, 2018 (2:57 PM). Edited October 13th, 2018 by FlameChrome.
Aiden Pearce

Nature: Jolly

Welcome to the Marvel Fan Club! (or otherwise Marvel Heros in Disguise)
A club for all marvels fans to discuss new movies, new shows, new heroes and everything else Marvel! Do you like Marvel? Then this is the club for you! Now why not go Marvel and join the club?

Name:
Favorite Marvel Hero(s):

Marvel Members:
FlameChrome-

Adventure-

Urugamosu-

TheGhostHunter-

Fairy-
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 29th, 2018 (10:17 AM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
Name: adventure
Favorite Marvel Hero(s): Iron Man is my #1 <33 in every medium, pretty much. But Spider-man is also really amazing, of course. Especially some iterations, such as the recent MCU Tom Holland one. I also think Rocket is really cool, but he's a bit too selfish and raw to be a true fav ahah.

I have a feeling I'm going to be a fan of Captain Marvel; I actually have hardly heard of her at all before, but she seems cool in the MCU trailers I've seen. Might check out if she's in some cartoons or comics I can access.

Recently started rewatching all the MCU movies in their in-universe chronological order and am about halfways atm, starting up Doctor Strange. I only skipped Guardians of the Galaxy 2 because I've seen it relatively recently.

Also started watching the cartoon Avengers Assemble. First season is on Netflix apparently :3 I much prefer how the Avengers work there, ahah. They live together in the Stark (Avengers) Tower and have much more fun interactions. Some personal relationships in the MCU are... Not quite true to how they appear in the older media.
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 29th, 2018 (10:39 AM). Edited September 29th, 2018 by FlameChrome.
Aiden Pearce

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure View Post
Name: adventure
Favorite Marvel Hero(s): Iron Man is my #1 <33 in every medium, pretty much. But Spider-man is also really amazing, of course. Especially some iterations, such as the recent MCU Tom Holland one. I also think Rocket is really cool, but he's a bit too selfish and raw to be a true fav ahah.

I have a feeling I'm going to be a fan of Captain Marvel; I actually have hardly heard of her at all before, but she seems cool in the MCU trailers I've seen. Might check out if she's in some cartoons or comics I can access.

Recently started rewatching all the MCU movies in their in-universe chronological order and am about halfways atm, starting up Doctor Strange. I only skipped Guardians of the Galaxy 2 because I've seen it relatively recently.

Also started watching the cartoon Avengers Assemble. First season is on Netflix apparently :3 I much prefer how the Avengers work there, ahah. They live together in the Stark (Avengers) Tower and have much more fun interactions. Some personal relationships in the MCU are... Not quite true to how they appear in the older media.
I must say, im very happy with how Marvel is turning out. Also welcome to the club.
  #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 29th, 2018 (2:35 PM).
Happy, and Searching.

Nature: Gentle
Name: Urugamosu
Favorite Marvel Hero(s): Spiderman, easily. He's just been my favourite representation of the character, as the mask seems like a metaphor for anyone. Anybody can fill the role and leaves a lot of room to improve and grow and I think that's really really cool. Also, kid me loved his classic design and the web shooter toys so there's that. xD

Springtime, the sun is back and the breeze to accompany it..
  #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 29th, 2018 (2:47 PM).
Aiden Pearce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugamosu View Post
Name: Urugamosu
Favorite Marvel Hero(s): Spiderman, easily. He's just been my favourite representation of the character, as the mask seems like a metaphor for anyone. Anybody can fill the role and leaves a lot of room to improve and grow and I think that's really really cool. Also, kid me loved his classic design and the web shooter toys so there's that. xD
Welcome to the club, I will add you to the list later.
  #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 30th, 2018 (12:25 AM). Edited September 30th, 2018 by Raichu.
press start to play_

Reasons to love Iron Man #1
Spoiler:

#7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 30th, 2018 (5:21 AM).
Aiden Pearce

Tony (iron man) is always crazy, but serious and stands up to captain america a lot, which is funny.
  #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 30th, 2018 (5:22 AM).
press start to play_

Mm yeah, I just think it's a pity they're mostly enemies or angry with each other in the live action movies. They're best buds in most other media, apparently.
  #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old September 30th, 2018 (5:29 AM).
Aiden Pearce

well they still get the job done, after much difficulties
  #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 2nd, 2018 (6:39 AM).
Spooky Girl with a Computer

Nature: Careful
    Name: TheGhostHunter
    Favorite Hero: Groot. I love the gentle giant persona of him along with the fact that the new Baby Groot is just plain adorable.

Name: Shade
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
      #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 2nd, 2018 (2:20 PM).
    Aiden Pearce

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheGhostHunter View Post
    Favorite Hero: Groot. I love the gentle giant persona of him along with the fact that the new Baby Groot is just plain adorable.
    welcome to the club! sorry I was at school, thats why it took me awhile to add you to the member list.
      #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 7th, 2018 (7:14 AM).
    press start to play_

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheGhostHunter View Post
    Welcome! Groot is really nice and funny yeah. Also very strong.

I've started reading the Captain Marvel comics in preparation for her movie next year. And wow she's so cool already o: I never knew anything about Ms Marvel, but maybe I'll read back to those too. Although, maybe I just shouldn't, as I really appreciate what she's like in her Captain shape ahha.

Gotta admit it's nice to see a strong girl hero not dressed as if she's trying to swoon her enemies with bare boobs and thighs.

#13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 7th, 2018 (7:23 AM).
    Aiden Pearce

Quote:
    Welcome! Groot is really nice and funny yeah. Also very strong.

I've started reading the Captain Marvel comics in preparation for her movie next year. And wow she's so cool already o: I never knew anything about Ms Marvel, but maybe I'll read back to those too. Although, maybe I just shouldn't, as I really appreciate what she's like in her Captain shape ahha.

Gotta admit it's nice to see a strong girl hero not dressed as if she's trying to swoon her enemies with bare boobs and thighs.

the uh, tight clothes doesn't help that but yeah. its not a bathing suit or a bikini like it usually is
      #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 7th, 2018 (7:39 AM). Edited October 7th, 2018 by Raichu.
    press start to play_

Lol tight clothes is fine and fair, have you seen some of the stuff they dress up the males in
    iron man's iron suit frickin had boobs, and look at those muscles you see every fiber of

#15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 7th, 2018 (7:55 AM).
    Aiden Pearce

shesh
      #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 12th, 2018 (1:32 AM).
    press start to play_

I'm reading all the spoilers and theories I can for Avengers 4. Some don't make me happy, baw, but it'll be a really cool film to watch regardless. I'm keen on booking tickets for the premiere in some really good cinema.
      #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 12th, 2018 (8:30 PM). Edited October 12th, 2018 by Fairy.

I would like to join please!

Name: Fairy
    Favorite Marvel Hero: Nick Fury

SUPER hard to decide on one hero! I gotta give some props to (Clayton Crain’s) Venom, Scarlet Witch, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, and (Matt Fraction’s) Hawkeye. I mean honestly these characters are just so complex and diverse it’s almost impossible to narrow it down. But Nick Fury is like, OG SHIELD and deserves top praises for being an ultra badass.

Also since the topic was brought up - if you want to see a very... interesting... take on how males and females are portrayed in comics, look up the Hawkeye Initiative. ;)

#18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 13th, 2018 (3:47 AM). Edited October 13th, 2018 by Raichu.
    press start to play_

dear god this is an eye opener

http://thehawkeyeinitiative.com

Spoiler:

ALSO. look at this awesome genderbend art I found

Spoiler:

#19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 13th, 2018 (4:52 AM).
    Aiden Pearce

Quote:
    dear god this is an eye opener
    That second pic was awesome

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I would like to join please!

Name: Fairy
    Favorite Marvel Hero: Nick Fury

SUPER hard to decide on one hero! I gotta give some props to (Clayton Crain’s) Venom, Scarlet Witch, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, and (Matt Fraction’s) Hawkeye. I mean honestly these characters are just so complex and diverse it’s almost impossible to narrow it down. But Nick Fury is like, OG SHIELD and deserves top praises for being an ultra badass.

Also since the topic was brought up - if you want to see a very... interesting... take on how males and females are portrayed in comics, look up the Hawkeye Initiative. ;)
    welcome to the club! I will add you to the list.
      #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 17th, 2018 (5:54 AM).

Did you guys see Marvel's 2019 solicitations? :O

#21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 17th, 2018 (6:41 AM).
    press start to play_

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Did you guys see Marvel's 2019 solicitations? :O
    What does "2019 solicitations" mean?
    /swede
      #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 17th, 2018 (12:00 PM).
    Aiden Pearce

anything marvel is bound to be good lmao. Anything have thoughts that marvel could be better because Disney bought it?
      #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 21st, 2018 (3:53 AM).
    press start to play_

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlameChrome View Post
    anything marvel is bound to be good lmao. Anything have thoughts that marvel could be better because Disney bought it?
    Idk if that'll change much? Maybe it gives opportunity for funky crossovers, but I'm not properly counting Marvel universe as part of the Disney world. Same with Star Wars.

wow disney owns a lot these days...

I'm reading the Ultimate Universe comics rn. Liking it so far, I heard it could be a good entry point to the comics world if I'm prepared for some stuff to be different from the normal comics universe... Like Iron Man being essentially a mutant? Not mutant mutant but like accidental mutant. Still not sure how much of that is proper canon tho. Bit confused. It'll probably become clear eventually, I guess.
      #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 21st, 2018 (11:46 AM). Edited October 21st, 2018 by strangerhypno.

Fan of Marvel, kind of casual, but not as casual as the average person but not enough to like deeply understand every character. Very fond of the Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies and he is my favorite cinematic iteration of Spidey. Watched most of the MCU films, some good like Iron Man, TWS, Civil War, Avengers 1 and IW, some below average, the best ones seem to be about Iron Man and Cap though. The only Marvel live action show I truly enjoyed was Daredevil, and enjoyable cartoons like Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man and 90's X-Men.

As for the comics, also quite very casual compared especially to some people I know that have read a lot of Marvel and are big fans. I remember reading some a while back but my memories definitely hazy. I read some silver age and bronze age stuff, like the Avengers, TASM, Daredevil, Captain America, FF. I think most of the Marvel stuff I've read are pre-2000s, I thought they were entertaining. The 90s stuff I heard was really bad. I liked Chris Claremont's X-Men stories. I also liked Matt Fraction's Hawkeye comics since I wanted to know the Hawkeye character better, he's an underrated guy. It also made me grow to like Kate Bishop too.

Never got into the Ultimate comics, but I also heard they had good stories in comparison to the main universe.

My favorite characters overall would probably be Spider-Man then Daredevil.
        #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 22nd, 2018 (12:01 PM).
      press start to play_

Quote:
      Originally Posted by strangerhypno View Post
      Fan of Marvel, kind of casual, but not as casual as the average person but not enough to like deeply understand every character. Very fond of the Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies and he is my favorite cinematic iteration of Spidey. Watched most of the MCU films, some good like Iron Man, TWS, Civil War, Avengers 1 and IW, some below average, the best ones seem to be about Iron Man and Cap though. The only Marvel live action show I truly enjoyed was Daredevil, and enjoyable cartoons like Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man and 90's X-Men.

As for the comics, also quite very casual compared especially to some people I know that have read a lot of Marvel and are big fans. I remember reading some a while back but my memories definitely hazy. I read some silver age and bronze age stuff, like the Avengers, TASM, Daredevil, Captain America, FF. I think most of the Marvel stuff I've read are pre-2000s, I thought they were entertaining. The 90s stuff I heard was really bad. I liked Chris Claremont's X-Men stories. I also liked Matt Fraction's Hawkeye comics since I wanted to know the Hawkeye character better, he's an underrated guy. It also made me grow to like Kate Bishop too.

Never got into the Ultimate comics, but I also heard they had good stories in comparison to the main universe.

My favorite characters overall would probably be Spider-Man then Daredevil.
      The Ultimate universe doesn't have the same events as the main one, but while some main universe comics bored me when I tried to read them, Ultimate is thoroughly interesting so far. I've only read some Spider-Man, tiny bit Wolverine and Iron-Man and also some Daredevil and Elektra. But progressing!

Did anybody watch the awesome X-men cartoon where most characters were teenagers? I never finished it o: I got as far as the mansion getting blown up and stuff, it was really cool for being a cartoon imo. Also had some character relationships from the traditional comics that the famous cinema titles skipped, such as Mystique and Nightcrawler.

Quick Reply