The Clubhouse Clubs are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests! Join or create a club here and fanaticize like a true fan!

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 21st, 2018 (6:59 AM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by Hiddles Girl.
~cuteness overload~

Nature: Quirky
I don't know if this'll get much attention but... hey, it's worth a shot? I'll try to get a CSS put up for this later. I suck at doing it, so if anyone wants to do something to make it more pretty... feel free to do it and let me know! :3 Also, this is my first club I've ever made in a very long time. You are welcome to suggest improvements etc to make it better~

? Welcome to the Star Wars fan club ?

*Cue Star Wars opening theme*

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away Star Wars was born, bringing together a wide community of fans. That community has grown as time has passed. From the very first set of Star Wars movies to the latest ones from Disney, this is the place to discuss anything Star Wars related! Come join the force or the dark side and talk about all the great moments Star Wars has given us!

Name:
Favorite Character(s):
When did you first start watching?

? Member List ?

Hiddles Girl
VisionofMilotic
Darkmaster006
CodeHelmet
TheGhostHunter
Homeskulled Kid
Fairy
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2018 (7:19 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2018 by VisionofMilotic.
Mother of Dragons

Nature: Gentle
I'll join.

Name: Sam

Favorite Character(s): Chewbacca

I saw some of The Empire Strikes Back on television when I was very small like 5. It was pretty intense and scary for me at that age, but I was still curious about the bits and pieces I had seen. It was memorable and interesting. It was a couple of years later that I became a fully-fledged fan when the originals A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were rereleased in theaters with the alterations.

I really enjoyed them. This was the stuff my parents grew up with, so it was nostalgic for them to share it with me too. I bought lots of actions figures and then watched all of the prequels, and saw the first Disney movie The Force Awakens.

I read fanficition ocassionally, check out fan theories and Star Wars related trivia and documentary material.

Name: Narcissus
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

#3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2018 (9:30 PM).

Joining!

Name: Jay!

Favorite Character(s): Obi-wan. Ahsoka. Jyn Erso. Rey (1st movie mostly tbh). Saw Gerrera.

When did you first start watching? Well, it's funny actually. I kinda knew about Star Wars but always thought it was pretty muk for some reason?? And like I never got to watch it. But well in 2015 the 7th movie was coming out and me and some friends who had never seen any SW actually went through the six movies so that we could watch the new one. We watched the original trilogy and then the prequels. Then I got really hooked and loved the 7th, but I didn't like the 8th too much. Before that, though, I watched all Clone Wars and I'm going through Rebels now! Also have some comics. Even new ones like Dr. Aphra. Anyways, I watched Rogue One too and I loved it! It's probs my fave out of all the movies. Jyn is amazing. And so is Cassian tbh.
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old November 23rd, 2018 (10:01 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2018 by CodeHelmet.
    Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
      Name: CodeHelmet
      Favorite Character: Jaina Solo, with a shoutout to Thrawn because... he's one bad-ass Admiral that should have been in Episode VII and VIII.

I've been watching Star Wars since I was three and have watched all 8 movies(9 when Episode IX is released next year). Tack on Rogue One, Solo and Animated features. Clone Wars series was better than Rebels but Thrawn brought it back to relevancy, if not on par with the prequel series(wherein if you hadn't seen Clone Wars, some things didn't make sense like with Sabine and Mandalore). Its a shame how it ended though as Thrawn deserved better.

I've read all the theories regarding Rey being Jaina and Kylo being Jacen and its plausible to say the least but I just feel the books would have been a better story line as opposed to regurgitating Episodes 4-6 with Empire as the First Order. Oh and would Spaceballs be welcomed within this club? I mean its a Star Wars parody after all.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old November 24th, 2018 (7:30 AM).
      ~cuteness overload~

Honestly, I forgot all about this... O___O

Also, who is best robot? C3PO, R2D2 or BB8? :P I can't really choose between R2 and BB8 tbh. :c
        #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old November 24th, 2018 (9:03 AM).
      Spooky Girl with a Computer

Nature: Careful
        Name: Savanna (TheGhostHunter)

Favorite Characters: Porgs, Luke Skywalker, Rey, and Leia.

When did you first watch the series:

I watched my Dad's VHS copies of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi around age seven or eight. My dad was a huge fan of the original trilogy and had a Chewbacca plush when A New Hope came out in '77, which his mom threw away after he dropped it on a heater. Around the same time, I had watched the Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network along with playing the Wii game that came along with it.

A few years later, I had went with my film class to see The Force Awakens on opening day, which kind of helped since a cousin of mine had sadly taken his life a few weeks earlier. It was hard to go through that kind of thing, but I guess the film helped with the grieving process. In my senior year of high school, I had gone with my film class to see The Last Jedi, which was pretty meh to be honest. I don't really know that much about the expanded universe besides the Blackwing Virus, but I'm willing to learn more.

Name: Shade
        Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
          #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old November 24th, 2018 (9:38 AM).
        ~cuteness overload~

Name: Kimi
        Favorite Character(s): Too many to name, but I really adore BB8!

I'm not sure how old I was, but I stayed at my cousins' house for the night. Well, I couldn't sleep because it was a new place and such. I came downstairs and told their mom about not sleeping. She put in a Star Wars movie for me. At the time, I had never even HEARD of the franchise... but after that, I started to learn more and more about it and eventually ended up becoming a huuuuuuge Star Wars fan. :3

So, there's my story for you all~ Feel free to discuss any Star Wars topics you can think of! ^w^
          #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old November 27th, 2018 (1:32 AM).
        Life, the Universe and Everything

Nature: Jolly
          Great Sidious's ghost! About time!

Name: Amsin
          Favourite Character(s): Finn, Han Solo, Rey, Kylo Ren, Orson Krennic
          When did you first start watching? Once upon a time...
          ... I contracted tonsillitis when I was ten or thereabouts, and it made for a lot of nausea and misery. The weather was warm and heartening on that fateful day, and I was sitting on a mattress in the house - demolishing mandarins ten at a time while living high on my last penicillin fix. There was a brief argument about what order to watch them in, and it was decided to watch the originals first, a decision that pissed me off at the time because well, I was easily pissed off. This was my first time watching Star Wars, and I fell in love with the vibes I got from seeing the Tatooine desert and the sand crawlers that rumbled past: operated by droves of miniature scavengers who were cantankerous and formidable in spirit... brilliant.

I became a fan, but it wasn't until I re-watched them all a few times that my enduring adoration kicked in. Then a few years later I saw The Force Awakens, and something inside me came alive. Since then, I've been utterly mad about Star Wars. I've seen them all, Christmas Special excepted, and I was a big follower of Star Wars: The Clone Wars but things got iffy and it became harder for me to access it.

I've written quite a few Star Wars fan fictions and I'm regularly plotting more. It got me into the sci fi genre and it's what brought my attention to my true calling - becoming an actor.

Alright, Kimi, with your permission for a topic or two...

What is your favourite SW movie and why?
          "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
            #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 27th, 2018 (7:13 AM).

yes yes yes i would like to join yes please!

Name: Fairy
          Favorite Character(s): Darth Bane and Qui-Gon Jinn
          When did you first start watching? So i was actually late to the Star Wars party. I didn't sit down and watch the movies until about 2009 give or take. I remember thinking it was too complicated and political for me. But when I finally started to get it, I fell in absolutely love with it! The movies, the books, the comics, the video games - I've consumed as much Star Wars media as I could get my hands on. I know it's all been retconned thanks to Disney, but seriously anyone who loves Star Wars and hasn't read Rule of Two really, really should!! One of the best pieces of Star Wars lore out there, imo!

#10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 27th, 2018 (9:12 AM).
          ~cuteness overload~

List updated~

To answer Amsin's question, I'm not sure... I kind of forgot what movie is which. ^^; I think my favorites are the ones with Leia and Han Solo. I really love their relationship because they were so sweet together!

!!WARNING SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAG READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Spoiler:
          I was really upset when they killed off Han Solo in The Force Awakens though. That was so heartwrenching and unexpected!
            #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 27th, 2018 (1:38 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hiddles Girl View Post
            List updated~

To answer Amsin's question, I'm not sure... I kind of forgot what movie is which. ^^; I think my favorites are the ones with Leia and Han Solo. I really love their relationship because they were so sweet together!

Spoiler:
            I was really upset when they killed off Han Solo in The Force Awakens though. That was so heartwrenching and unexpected!
            Just an FYI, Harrison Ford wanted that to happen so that’s why they did it. In fact, he was kind of hoping it happened in Episodes 4-6 but it never transpired. As for favorite movie, I’ll go with Clone Wars and Episode 2. Even though the writing and acting in Episodes 1-3 is subpar, I just like the manipulation by Palpatine to get the outcome he wanted and the ending with the Clones marching off to war is the birth of the Empire as I see it(even if it didn’t officially happen until the end of Episode 3). Favorite era by far is Galactic Civil War though since my favorite game is this:

Only game I’ll consider in its class is Tie Fighter. Everything else in the flight sim genre isn’t as good imo. Granted that may be nostalgia talking and nothing against FPS(Battlefront) or RTS(Empire at War... really good game with awesome mods...).

#12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old November 28th, 2018 (6:05 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hiddles Girl View Post
              List updated~

Spoiler:
              Since I knew nothing of the spoilers, I was shocked when that happened! I was like 'naaaaaah, this isn't happening. No way, José'. But yep. Strong stuff.

My favourite SW films would be The Last Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back. I saw the former in cinema, so that trebled the awesomeness of the experience. TESB is just plain epic, but Return of the Jedi is a big runner up. Rogue One was also very engaging and fun, if not a little short on whimsy. But the dogfights make for its every shortcoming, and an Australian villain! How bloody excellent!

I actually like the Prequels. They're sort of shoddy, but are good fun and very nostalgic. The Battle of Geonosis and the factory sequence preceding it were my favourite part of that particular trilogy.
              "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
                #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old November 28th, 2018 (6:56 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Homeskulled Kid View Post
                Since I knew nothing of the spoilers, I was shocked when that happened! I was like 'naaaaaah, this isn't happening. No way, José'. But yep. Strong stuff.

My favourite SW films would be The Last Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back. I saw the former in cinema, so that trebled the awesomeness of the experience. TESB is just plain epic, but Return of the Jedi is a big runner up. Rogue One was also very engaging and fun, if not a little short on whimsy. But the dogfights make for its every shortcoming, and an Australian villain! How bloody excellent!

I actually like the Prequels. They're sort of shoddy, but are good fun and very nostalgic. The Battle of Geonosis and the factory sequence preceding it were my favourite part of that particular trilogy.
                The prequels brought about the most despised character in existence: Jar Jar Binks. So much so that in Empire at War, this became a fun thing to do:

I rest my case. It’s so fun playing as Empire though in Galactic Conquest... even if annoying Ion Cannons make it harder than it has to be.

#14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old November 28th, 2018 (7:11 AM). Edited November 28th, 2018 by Homeskulled Kid.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                  The prequels brought about the most despised character in existence: Jar Jar Binks. So much so that in Empire at War, this became a fun thing to do:

I rest my case. It’s so fun playing as Empire though in Galactic Conquest... even if annoying Ion Cannons make it harder than it has to be.
                  Ah, that infernal Gungan!

... yeah, I don't really mind him. I don't hate any Star Wars characters, but when CGI Tarkin got rattatay on my main man Krennic...! Grand Moff git. Who doesn't want to Ion Cannon that darn face?

On an unrelated note, this is bloody epic. Cracks the hell out of me.
                    #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old November 28th, 2018 (9:04 AM).

Quote:
                    Ah, that infernal Gungan!

... yeah, I don't really mind him. I don't hate any Star Wars characters, but when CGI Tarkin got rattatay on my main man Krennic...! Grand Moff git. Who doesn't want to Ion Cannon that darn face?

On an unrelated note, this is bloody epic. Cracks the hell out of me.
                    Spoiler:
                    Hmm I'll fix your video for you :P As for Tarkin, he was an @sshole of the highest order and a political rival of Krennic. Tarkin became so powerful that he even outstripped Vader to become the quasi-right hand man of the Emperor. In Empire Campaign of Empire at War, Tarkin orders Vader(and you) to subjugate Geonosis for the Death Star project. Emperor also orders you to crush Mon Calamari wherein you have to fight 2 Calamari Cruisers with Victory Class Star Destroyers(and that's a mismatch... even for Imperial Star Destroyers).

#16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old December 13th, 2018 (2:36 AM).

This could do with a revival.

Favourite Star Wars villain?

I reckon Vader will score top ratings, but I'd like to see who comes second.
                        #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old December 14th, 2018 (5:36 AM).
                      ~cuteness overload~

Quote:
                      This could do with a revival.

Favourite Star Wars villain?

I reckon Vader will score top ratings, but I'd like to see who comes second.
                      Definitely going to have to go with Darth Vader! I'm sorry... he's just so awesome. <3
                        #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old December 14th, 2018 (6:22 AM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by AdorbzFangirl View Post
                        Definitely going to have to go with Darth Vader! I'm sorry... he's just so awesome. <3
                        Most iconic villain there is! Not unjustly, either. And that Rogue One ending scene... the whole world over, people were wetting themselves just out of the sheer epicness of it.

Got a big soft spot for Krennic, though. And Kylo, obviously, though he is hardly a villain in the true sense of the word. He will inevitably be redeemed in Episode 9, seeing as how he represents frustrated youth - the Disney company will hardly let him be cut down just because he acted out of anger! If he doesn't get redeemed then that's probably the most negative message any movie could give, lmao.

But some Salacious Crumb love, please. That bastard was brilliant.
                          #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old December 14th, 2018 (7:38 AM).

Looks like the server change had an effect here as well, including the OP and my signup lol.

#20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old December 14th, 2018 (7:47 AM).
                          ~cuteness overload~

Quote:
                          Most iconic villain there is! Not unjustly, either. And that Rogue One ending scene... the whole world over, people were wetting themselves just out of the sheer epicness of it.
                          Well, let's not forget that he also has the most epic theme song. XD

#21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:41 PM).

Definitely. But as far as Star Wars tunes go, that cantina ditty is still groovin'... da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da da-DA-DA

By the by, did anyone else notice that Gollum from Lord of the Rings is an older and more smartly dressed Snoke? Which makes me think that Mordor may have been Mustefar, and that an escaping ship took him out of the mountain and bloody hell this is good.

Okay, more dumb questions!

Who's prettier - Padme, Jyn, Leia or Rey?

I'm not doing a who's more handsome question because that's awful and embarrassing. Althouuuugh, I'm very interested in seeing who'd say what.
                              #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:37 AM).

Hard to pick which one but I’m disqualifying Padme for poor acting or writing(or both). Jyn died so that kind of hurts her, even if she had balls that the other four lacked. Rey is a reluctant force user but is not as strong as my number one pick in Leia who earns number one spot by being portrayed by Carrie Fisher and did scenes in Episode IV with no bra on.

For the guys, if we’re being brutally honest here... who beats Lando? Also, for your gaming pleasure, I present to you a gaming mod that makes me tingle all over:

#23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:09 PM).

Leia for sure. Beautiful in body and spirit. <3

#24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:52 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
                                Leia for sure. Beautiful in body and spirit. <3
                                Ever seen this?

Lyrics:
                                Spoiler:
                                A long, long time ago
                                In a galaxy far away
                                Naboo was under an attack
                                And I thought me and Qui-Gon Jinn
                                Could talk the Federation into
                                Maybe cutting them a little slack
                                But their response, it didn't thrill us
                                They locked the doors and tried to kill us
                                We escaped from that gas
                                Then met Jar Jar and Boss Nass
                                We took a bongo from the scene
                                And we went to Theed to see the Queen
                                We all wound up on Tatooine
                                That's where we found this boy...

Oh

[Chorus]
                                My, my, this here Anakin guy
                                May be Vader someday later, now he's just a small fry
                                And he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye
                                Sayin', "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"
                                "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"

[Verse 1]
                                Did you know this junkyard slave
                                Isn't even old enough to shave?
                                But he can use the Force, they say
                                Ah, do you see him hitting on the queen
                                Though he's just nine and she's fourteen
                                Yeah, he's probably gonna marry her someday
                                Well, I know he built C-3PO
                                And I've heard how fast his pod can go
                                And we were broke, it's true
                                So we made a wager or two
                                He was a prepubescent flyin' ace
                                And the minute Jabba started off that race
                                Well, I knew who would win first place
                                Oh yes, it was our boy
                                We started singin'

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]Now we finally got to Coruscant
                                The Jedi Council we knew would want
                                To see how good the boy could be
                                So we took him there and we told the tale
                                How his midi-chlorians were off the scale
                                And he might fulfill that prophecy
                                Oh, the Council was impressed, of course
                                Could he bring balance to the Force?
                                They interviewed the kid
                                Oh, training they forbid
                                Because Yoda sensed in him much fear
                                And Qui-Gon said "Now listen here"
                                "Just stick it in your pointy ear"
                                "I still will teach this boy"

He was singin'

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
                                We caught a ride back to Naboo
                                Cause Queen Amidala wanted to
                                I frankly would've liked to stay
                                We all fought in that epic war
                                And it wasn't long at all before
                                Little hotshot flew his plane and saved the day
                                And in the end, some Gunguns died
                                Some ships blew up and some pilots fried
                                A lot of folks were croakin'
                                The battle droids were broken
                                And the Jedi I admire most
                                Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
                                Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
                                I guess I'll train this boy
                                And I was singin'

[Chorus]

We were singin'

[Chorus]
                                "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi

#25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:08 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                                  Ever seen this?

Lyrics:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  A long, long time ago
                                  In a galaxy far away
                                  Naboo was under an attack
                                  And I thought me and Qui-Gon Jinn
                                  Could talk the Federation into
                                  Maybe cutting them a little slack
                                  But their response, it didn't thrill us
                                  They locked the doors and tried to kill us
                                  We escaped from that gas
                                  Then met Jar Jar and Boss Nass
                                  We took a bongo from the scene
                                  And we went to Theed to see the Queen
                                  We all wound up on Tatooine
                                  That's where we found this boy...

Oh

[Chorus]

[Verse 1]
                                  Did you know this junkyard slave
                                  Isn't even old enough to shave?
                                  But he can use the Force, they say
                                  Ah, do you see him hitting on the queen
                                  Though he's just nine and she's fourteen
                                  Yeah, he's probably gonna marry her someday
                                  Well, I know he built C-3PO
                                  And I've heard how fast his pod can go
                                  And we were broke, it's true
                                  So we made a wager or two
                                  He was a prepubescent flyin' ace
                                  And the minute Jabba started off that race
                                  Well, I knew who would win first place
                                  Oh yes, it was our boy
                                  We started singin'

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]Now we finally got to Coruscant
                                  The Jedi Council we knew would want
                                  To see how good the boy could be
                                  So we took him there and we told the tale
                                  How his midi-chlorians were off the scale
                                  And he might fulfill that prophecy
                                  Oh, the Council was impressed, of course
                                  Could he bring balance to the Force?
                                  They interviewed the kid
                                  Oh, training they forbid
                                  Because Yoda sensed in him much fear
                                  And Qui-Gon said "Now listen here"
                                  "Just stick it in your pointy ear"
                                  "I still will teach this boy"

He was singin'

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
                                  We caught a ride back to Naboo
                                  Cause Queen Amidala wanted to
                                  I frankly would've liked to stay
                                  We all fought in that epic war
                                  And it wasn't long at all before
                                  Little hotshot flew his plane and saved the day
                                  And in the end, some Gunguns died
                                  Some ships blew up and some pilots fried
                                  A lot of folks were croakin'
                                  The battle droids were broken
                                  And the Jedi I admire most
                                  Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
                                  Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
                                  I guess I'll train this boy
                                  And I was singin'

[Chorus]

We were singin'

[Chorus]
                                  "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi
                                  Okay, well that was awesome. Now I want to give some Star Wars songwriting a try. Behold an impromptu rap!

Rey tracks the dunes
                                  Crap wages, been waiting for ages for a family that won't show
                                  There's this much green in the galaxy? She didn't know
                                  Then there's Finn, a medley of cowardice and bravery
                                  He'll blow up muk while Poe does a flyby
                                  Kylo wants that piece of junk blown out of the sky
                                  Snoke is his pimp, but not for long
                                  One man out of the way and he's an army strong
                                  Yeah, yeah, break it down

I'm frighteningly brilliant at this.

And Rey is the best of the ladies, with Jyn a close runner-up. I mean, sure, Leia and Padme! But no lightsabers or quarterstaffs? Pfft.

Quick Reply