Deep Discussion Have a seat at Deep Discussion for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:06 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by kiko_saito91.

Nature: Modest
    I once had a friend who I met here back in December 2015. We were very close friends and shared our deep secrets with one another. However in the back of my mind it felt like they cared more about theirself than me. I tried my best to push that thought away but it kept coming back to me. Towards the end of last month I made the decision to cut my ties off with them. I couldn't handle listening to their personal challenges and eventually I became fed up with it. They then realized the mistake they made but I didn't forgive them and left. A part of me feels bad but the other part of me doesn't.

My question to the reader is: "Was the choice I made to cut my ties off the wrong one?".
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:50 PM).
    Perkele!

Nature: Serious
      Yes? No? Who could possibly know the answer to that given this wee bit of information but yourself?
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:40 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Trev.
      gee thanks, just bought it

Nature: Sassy
      EDIT: Hahahahahaha me not realizing the Help & Advice tag exists.

We'll definitely need more info to offer advice.

#4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:53 AM).

Yeah I'd have to agree with the others that more information is needed to be able to give you any sort of significant help. But since the person you're talking about is apparently a PC member, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be hesitant to give details in a public thread like this. But to try to give a little something:
      Quote:
      They then realized the mistake they made but I didn't forgive them and left.
      Depending on what exactly happened between you two, it may or may not be worth it to try and re-establish contact with them. Them understanding that they made a mistake is a decent sign that they're willing to change for the better and so are potentially worth communicating with again.

But like I said, not enough information so I can't tell you that either choice is certainly the better one.
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:32 AM).

They have a restricted lifestyle and was raised in a religion where love and friendship is forbidden. They said they were forced to believe God is an evil being and death is much better than living. They never had a significant other or enjoyed life the way others could. They were pessimistic and suicidal. From what they told me if you abandon the religion and move on you'll be shunned by everyone and forced to fend off for yourself. They also kept pressuring me on doing a video/voice call on Line or sending a selfie of myself to them. I'm a camera shy type-of-person so I don't like taking photos of myself. I only do video/voice call with my family and close friends. I kept putting both off but still they kept pressuring me. I felt like my privacy was being violated but they didn't care. They also kept asking to fly down to where they live but in my current condition I'm not advised to travel anywhere. That I also put off too. The list goes on but hopefully this will be enough to give you a better understanding.
          #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:58 PM).
        Perkele!

Nature: Serious
          They pressured you and made you feel uncomfortable. Nothing is worth holding on to that sort of feeling. I say good for you.
            #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:05 PM).

They did apologize to me but it wasn't sincere. Who would add in their sanity will be lost forever and they'll end their life? They didn't say anything along the lines of "Let me make it up to you". I do give people a second chance but if it's still centered on theirself then it's not worth it. They added in more nonsense but I didn't want to hear it.

Quick Reply