• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
Aw, I thought that was the best one :c (although Masquerain begs to differ). What specifically was wrong with it? I could fix it easily. Also, did you mean both sprites were denied or just the back one?

If you look near Spoink's stomach/bum on the backsprite, the outline looks wonky and jagged. At least, that's what I see. The front sprite looks fine to me.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Kyurem's backsprite is really nice. Congrats on finish Unova :D Now we don't have to see hacks with not so great Pokemon Sprites haha

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
More offerings to the Chaos God!

Spoiler:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Here are some I've done for my hack already. :) Hopefully they fit the specifications- I had a quick glance and I don't think i did anything wrong.

Here are the majority of the evolution prior to gen 4 and Skitty because wynaut? :p

HgtPd9t.png

ZGtUyQ7.png

CVGoa3V.png

oM7RUEj.png

uwY55nK.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hoenn Pokemon from Treecko all the way to Beautifly have been added, with sprites mostly resized by karatekid552, and adjustments made by me.

Aw, I thought that was the best one :c (although Masquerain begs to differ). What specifically was wrong with it? I could fix it easily. Also, did you mean both sprites were denied or just the back one?
Well specifically towards the bottom of the wall in the backsprite, the outline looks wonky and not round.

More offerings to the Chaos God!

Spoiler:
All accepted, but you might want to fix the outlines towards the top of Ursaring's head on the backsprite, cause it looks a little wonky.

umm..... bro why is the backsprite like this ? :(
uf75.png
I know why, it's because of a simple conflict black shades between the back and front sprite, leading it to technically exceed the 16-color limit. I've fixed it now, so try the new one.

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
Years
Hoenn Pokemon from Treecko all the way to Beautifly have been added, with sprites mostly resized by karatekid552, and adjustments made by me.

Well specifically towards the bottom of the wall in the backsprite, the outline looks wonky and not round.

All accepted, but you might want to fix the outlines towards the top of Ursaring's head on the backsprite, cause it looks a little wonky.

I know why, it's because of a simple conflict black shades between the back and front sprite, leading it to technically exceed the 16-color limit. I've fixed it now, so try the new one.

Ok Bro :D
I will Try the new one :D

Why is the sceptile backsprite like this :(
7xa.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

Okey dokey! I've touched it up a tad and updated the gallery with it.
Spoiler:

Also I've noticed that on Grovyle's shiny backsprite, its throat is red
instead of yellowy/brown.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@adipasa: okay, it's probably the same issue as before with Treecko. I will fix it tomorrow, and I will check all those Hoenn sprites to make sure the fronts and backs have matching black values. That will fix it for sure. (it's a side effect of having to adjust HG/SS backsprites to the B/W colors)

@11bayerf1: Sorry, that is a blatant mistake of mine. I will fix it some time tomorrow.

I would fix the sprites now, but I'm already in bed for the night and I'm typing this from my phone. I apologize for these aforementioned problems, and I will take care of it very soon!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Thank you for pointing that out. I think it might have been the dark-shade pixels that were there, they were present on the 80x80 version and I usually add those in, which can tend to make it look square-ish. This should fix it, hopefully. Also on the 80x80 version some of those pixels were connected on Spoink's stomach and I think that's what you meant by wonky so I fixed those too.

1Bck2y4.png

And as always, MOAR HOENN

JOqepVV.png
9EAzJr6.png
tP7lYa0.png

Gulpin's evolution line fit into 64x64, Castform fit in 40x40, and Chimeco was the same size as the RSE sprite, so no front sprite for these. I'm especially proud of the Chimeco one, it's probably the best one I've made. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Aaaah I love Hoenn. I like that Chimecho backsprite, but to me personally it almost looks as though you're showing off too much of Castform. Normally at least a part of each backsprite is meant to be hidden from view in the gen 3 games, right?

Of course, Chaos could totally disagree with me there :P

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Aaaah I love Hoenn. I like that Chimecho backsprite, but to me personally it almost looks as though you're showing off too much of Castform. Normally at least a part of each backsprite is meant to be hidden from view in the gen 3 games, right?

Of course, Chaos could totally disagree with me there :P

That's exactly how the sprite is supposed to be. The 80x80 version showed off the entire sprite so mine did as well. And if anyone wanted it below the textbox, then they can just use position editor :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
That's exactly how the sprite is supposed to be. The 80x80 version showed off the entire sprite so mine did as well. And if anyone wanted it below the textbox, then they can just use position editor :P

Ok, fair enough. You did a good job on them anyway ^.^

I'm really glad this has been opened up so that anybody can contribute sprites now, it is already making the project go so much faster! With any luck it might even be complete by the end of this year! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
All Hoenn sprites have been fixed, and should work properly in Wichu's Sprite Editor now. Also, I have all of your contributions sorted by username, so all of you will get credited correctly in the credits list.

Thank you for pointing that out. I think it might have been the dark-shade pixels that were there, they were present on the 80x80 version and I usually add those in, which can tend to make it look square-ish. This should fix it, hopefully. Also on the 80x80 version some of those pixels were connected on Spoink's stomach and I think that's what you meant by wonky so I fixed those too.

1Bck2y4.png
Actually that's not what I meant. There's a way to retain the dark-shade pixels and still make it look not-wonky. But whatever, I'll just fix it myself, you've already done most of the resizing work anyway, so accepted.

And as always, MOAR HOENN

JOqepVV.png
9EAzJr6.png
tP7lYa0.png

Gulpin's evolution line fit into 64x64, Castform fit in 40x40, and Chimeco was the same size as the RSE sprite, so no front sprite for these. I'm especially proud of the Chimeco one, it's probably the best one I've made. :D
All accepted. (by the way, I can tell you're getting better, because these look like I won't even have to edit them)

Just popping in because I noticed that the Gen V sprites are finally completed! Congrats, Chaos Zero! :)
lol who's this "Chaos Zero" you speak of? ;)

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
All accepted. (by the way, I can tell you're getting better, because these look like I won't even have to edit them)

So much contributing can do that. I am a bit worried that people might get upset that I'm doing so many, but I don't see a lot of other people doing it and I'm more than happy to keep the ball rolling for Hoenn, so their loss I guess. Also, I think it's because most Pokemon I resize are circular and have very few colors and outlines, and are really small, so there's less room for error. But I'll accept the compliment anyway ^^

WZ1z5HB.png
5oTrUl5.png

Whale, whale, whale, what do we have here?

I'm not even entertaining the thought of attempting the front sprites. These things sucked. Each of them were so big that, even resized, they missed the border by one pixel. I had to shift their entire body over to make up for. Plus, WAILORD REFUSED TO BE CIRCULAR >:( Damn things, I don't even like them anymore.

EDIT:

BzkU43f.png
IyZCYp4.png
5aekgI9.png
WSM4AWE.png

Diglett's posture is kind of skewed a bit, not really sure how to fix it. Sorry!

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Here are some I've done for my hack already. :) Hopefully they fit the specifications- I had a quick glance and I don't think i did anything wrong.

Here are the majority of the evolution prior to gen 4 and Skitty because wynaut? :p

HgtPd9t.png

ZGtUyQ7.png

CVGoa3V.png

oM7RUEj.png

uwY55nK.png

I think mine might have been skipped, unless I did something wrong? :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back