• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Crow

A bird among... Non-birds.
Years
Oi, I'm coming back after a year and a half hiatus (I feel old, coming back here...) and would like to reserve a place, if you don't mind? It may take a week or two, depending on life and how long it takes me to properly set myself back up on here... If that's alright, would you mind letting me know everything I should know going in?

Khawill

<3
Years
Oi, I'm coming back after a year and a half hiatus (I feel old, coming back here...) and would like to reserve a place, if you don't mind? It may take a week or two, depending on life and how long it takes me to properly set myself back up on here... If that's alright, would you mind letting me know everything I should know going in?

Everything relating to the SU is on the first page, definitely check that out. If you want a recap, someone on the skype will absolutely fill you in if you aren't willing to read the IC. There's a lot going on, so I can understand if you want the cliff notes lol. Also, no need to reserve spots, Dust has unlimited spots, take your time with your SU, and again, get in the skype for sure.

Crow

A bird among... Non-birds.
Years

Natalie Star

CH X · X PT

Sign-Up

lgdaHqk.png

Name: Natalie Star
Nickname: Star, Nat, "Pulsar"
Sex: Female
Race: Human

Semblance: Neutron Star - Natalie can cause her body to become superdense and heavy, and in turn, hit with the force of a collapsed star. While increasing her density she gains strength, but loses mobility, where if dense enough, she will become immobilized. She can throw her "star explosions" with punches and kicks for a moderately short but ranged distance, where they explode on impact or at her intended distance from herself. They explode outward with great G-Force, leading her fighting style to look like she's throwing ghost punches and kicks from a distance. The mechanics and utilities of this semblance could get pretty absurd, reckless, or useful, the more creatively Star begins to use it.

Weapon: Batzooka, aptly named "The Shooting Star" - A highly technical metal baseball bat that is heavy enough that only Star can wield it in battle, and when she does, the density required puts her at half of her maximum movement speed. However, the force of that weight in a baseball swing - notably powerful in itself - can be further amplified by a "star explosion" released at the impact point of the bat the moment it collides with someone or something.

Furthermore, the thicker end of the bat can expand from its center and that thickness spans out evenly down the bat's length, past the handle which bends itself 90 degrees, perpendicular from the now bazooka-like shape of the bat. While holding the handle, Star can mount the mighty bazooka over her shoulder; though while armed and aiming her bazooka, the density requirement leaves her entirely immobile until she reverts it back to bat form, which takes about a full second to convert either form. With this bazooka she can launch her "star explosions" at a massive range, limited only by her visual line of sight and the slightly reduced velocity more akin to that of a real bazooka.

While not inherently a dust weapon, she can use elemental dust to launch matching rockets from her bazooka, in place of her semblance-powered attacks. Likewise, elemental dust could also be used in bat form to amplify the hit with that element.

Appearance: Star is a young adult with relatively pale skin and abnormally bright yellow eyes, standing at five-foot-eight with a thin body and frame (though just thick enough to not look anorexic). Her muscle, for what there is, is packed and rarely visible outside of combat. Star has a notable birthmark under her left eye, and below that, a golden star tattooed on her cheek. She has somewhat short bright blond hair that actually appears to take a slight starry shape, with a high ponytail in the back. Her facial structure is round with a sharp jawline and chin, her eyes notably big while her expression is most often mischievous. She has a fairly small pointed nose and ears, and wears star earrings and a necklace with, of course, a star. She has her upper chest wrapped in white bandaging cloth, with a loose black tank top laid over. She likes to wear high-rise jean shorts and small, black sneakers, with fishnet stockings. While she usually doesn't wear makeup, she does like to paint her nails. The designs vary, but to some degree will almost always be yellow on black and include star patterns.

Her weapon, The Shooting Star, is strapped to her back via a leather belt tied diagonally around her torso. The handle hangs to her lower right where she can easily and quickly draw it, which automatically shifts it into bat mode. When her semblance is in use, and especially when her density is higher, her eyes and hair will both glow bright yellow-white, with the brightness increasing with her density and semblance strength.

On a somewhat common occasion, she likes to wear her signature bad*** star-shaped sunglasses.

Bio: Due to recent... Trauma... Star, as of her return to Beacon, has returned a greatly changed person... For the most part. She, in her more positive moods, is known to be mischievous, goofy, sarcastic, and overly snarky, much to the annoyance of her peers, and the sheer delight to herself. When outside of combat situations, some might consider her spacey and occasionally empty-headed at times. However, her mood can change in an instant. Certain triggers - such as, for example, pity - can put her in an immediately sour mood. Her outright rebellious and defiant nature can be a powerful tool used against you, should you get on her bad side. She has been known to go out of her way to spite someone, regardless of personal views or opinions. She's very hooked on revenge and fairness alike.

She avoids her team like the plague, and as of late has been hunting for new friends, despite her previous obligations as the leader of team STAR, who in her absence has been led by Tyrael. When she's not exploring, stalking, and observing - with instances of revenge tied in, with varying levels of severity - she's stargazing, eating (her stomach seems to be a bottomless abyss, despite her wiry figure), or practicing her fighting skills. Practice may include reckless and dangerous tactic testing, actually honing her skills, or her personal favorite, senseless destruction of wilderness landscapes, with the occasional Grimm caught in the crossfire.

She leads a rather prosperous life otherwise, with a caring widowed mother keeping her financially comfortable at upper-middle class. She tends to keep quiet about her father, how he died, or what he'd done in life. Questions about him are usually either ignored or answered very briefly and avoided after that point. Due to her recent captivity, she's lost most all of her manners, and tends to struggle with acting normally around people. She also is fairly clueless when it comes to recent news in the past few years.

While brash, potentially crazy, and unreasonably violent and aggressive in personality, those she gets along with can find a relatively friendly - and maybe outright dependent - attitude from her. If she does grow attached it happens rather quickly, and could be harder to get rid of her. Although, seemingly no amount of closeness gets you exempt from her rage triggers.

Team: STAR

Tyrael
  • Gains attack power increase per damage received
  • Wields a longsword and a clawshot wristband for mobility or sword retrieval

Aris
  • Forms protective bubbles around herself or allies, absorbing damage at the cost of her aura
  • Wields a dust-powered whip attuned to the dust's element, inserted into the handle's underside

Rathos
  • Kinetic Force, can launch himself in any direction like a bullet
  • Power gauntlet-gloves for high damage punches further amplified by launching at enemies, with the ability to knockback any nearby enemies with a shockwave clap

"WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?" Star's voice was booming, and her 'former' team could swear they saw steam coming off of her head. "I'm not helpless, you jerks! I'll decide when I need rest! Now shut up about it!" Aris opened her mouth for a brief moment, though quickly closed it. Her anxiety was all over her face. Star felt a slight pang of guilt, though quickly shook it away. No. They should know better. Standing and turning toward the door with a huff, she opened the door halfway, stopping to say "I'm going out and training. Try and stop me, see what happens." and then slamming the door behind her. The cold night air struck her somewhat quickly, leaving a bitter sting within her first lungfull. She paused at the door, eavesdropping on her once friends. She knew they would start talking about her as soon as she left.

"We should go stop her, she's gonn--" Aris started.

"No," Tyrael replied, cutting her off somewhat abruptly. "She wants to get herself killed, that's on her. Besides, we've got Grimm clearance in the morning. Just the three of us, obviously. We need rest to prepare, it's an early morning ahead."

"What about her bed? Maybe we should at least fluff her pillows, or..." Aris trailed off into silence timidly. The looks her friends gave her answered her unfinished thoughts for her.

"Do you really think she's going to sleep in our room anymore?" Rathos was monotone, but anyone on the team could hear the slight tinge of hurt behind his tone. "She's got that fancy studio apartment in town. Besides, she left with her stuff. She's not coming back."

"We'll make it without her. We've made it this far as team TAR, her return changes nothing. Now get to sleep, this time it's an order."

"... Night." Aris somewhat quietly mumbled to her team, clutching the pillow left from Star's bed.

"Goodnight," her team replied in unison.

Star sighed, toting her bag over a shoulder, heading out to town to set up her new home. Even on the way there, she caught glances at some of her elders and staff members, watching her as she passed. She could downright feel their sympathetic gazes. Sickening. I could punch their dumb stupid faces in, all of them. A few minutes of grinding her teeth and she was at her destination. "The old Star is dead... The sooner you all realize the better," she muttered to herself once inside. Dropping her bag on the couch, she gave her apartment a thorough inspection before unpacking and settling in. "After this, I'm training. I'll fight my way out if I have to. I'll show them all... I'll burn the brightest in all the night sky. Just watch."

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
CrowOfNobility;9506796[/QUOTE said:
Quoting everyone for visibility!

In case you didn't get to read this in the skype chat, here's how it's gonna go down. The final arc, act 5, will be posted in the OOC in about a week and a half. It'll have all the information you need for the chapter (quick rundown is, everyone from each side will be put together and thrown into battle), and then a few days later in the IC, so that everyone can just figure out what they want to do and ask any questions.Anyone who feels like they need more time can definitely PM/VM/skype/discord/carrier pigeon me and we'll try and work out something for you.

As for the timeskip, it'll be 3 months since most people think it's more appropriate. Anyone who feels like they want more/less time can message me so we can work out a solution for your team!

23FMFUA.gif

Let's get this payload to the finish line, team! +1 if you get reference

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

Leon Ven Neku
ZsBD9wM.jpg

Name:
Leon Ven Neku

Race:
Cat Faunus

Personality:
The world is Leon's plaything. You should be kissing the ground on which he walks, for he is as narcissist who would have you believe he was a god. Thats not to say he doesn't think highly of other people, he certainly does. He's just better. Always.

Along with his narcissistic personality, comes his ignorance of personal property. If you have a bed, Leon will be asleep on it. Hell, if you have a pile of soft clothes that vaguely resembles a bed he'll be laying on that. He is, remarkably lazy in that sense.

Laying and sleeping aren't the only thing Leon likes to do on the bed though, and he'll most certainly let you know when he wants you to join him. He is extremely flirtatious and he doesn't care if you're a faunus, human, guy, girl, or anything in between.

After he's done with having you admire him, he'll gladly carry you down to the kitchen, prop you into a chair and cook. Because he's a glutton. He loves food, far too much. So much that he doesn't even mind slaving away for somebody else to eat too, as long as he gets to eat in the end.

Outside of the bedroom, (and on the battlefield) Leon is a Ruthless attacker, focusing on speed and keeping himself from getting hit at all rather than being hit or finishing things in one blow.

However what happens if he wasn't able to win a fight? HA! As if! He'll keep fighting till he drops. He is absolutely superior to whatever he might be going up against after all!

Semblance:

Copy Cat

The ability to make duplicates of oneself isn't a rare ability. However, what is more unique is the fact the Leon's copies are neither true copies, nor illusions. Caught in a state of Quasi reality, these copies can interact with the world. Also equipped with their own personalities, generally with one of Leon's traits becoming more dominant than the others, this can lead to... peculiar circumstances if one happens to get one of his less than desirable traits.

Can create duplicates, can create more duplicates at the cost of having them become less physical and more like glowing lights with each copy created. He seems to have a cap of nine before they all blink out of existence.

Weapon:
Dual Bladed Revolvers, named "Hellion Gunblade"
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample:
Have a Gunpowder sample!

I'm done for now, Hit me up on Discord if theres any particular questions or feedback bb, I might add more stuff later, but i'm quite pleased with him.

EDIT: Finished another character, this is an NPC for mine and Wiz's team. The other two characters will be made by Wiz, so tell him to hurry up xD
As per the norm fux, let me know whatya think bb
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

Shawn Mephitis

Race: Skunk Faunus

Personality: Shawn is a bit shy, although he mostly just wants to blend in. All his life his enormous skunk tail has always attracted attention, and usually not for good reasons. When he was about 12 or 13 he started to dye the white in his tail black to disguise himself, telling everyone that he's a squirrel faunus instead. While he isn't the most confident person, he is able to mask his insecurities and act much more confident than he feels. He cares deeply for his teammates and most people he meets, making friends with anyone and everyone who shows even the smallest bit of kindness towards him. He is able to overlook many flaws in a person's character, always looking for the good in people, even in his enemies.

Appearance:
Shawn has dark black hair and pale skin. His eyes are a golden brown. He is relatively average in size, standing at about 5'7'' and built a bit on the thin side. He isn't particularly muscular, however he is relatively flexible and light on his feet. His most apparent feature is his large skunk tail which is attached just at the end of his back. It is almost always died completely black to disguise the white stripe. The hair on his head also has a natural white streak in his bangs, which he usually leaves be. His tail is about 2 feet long and extremely poofy. If startled, the hair on his tail will stand on end, making it larger and extremely fluffy. Shawn typically wears the same grey hoodie and black pants, however he owns a multitude of different colored and styled t-shirts which he changes constantly.

Semblance:
Shawn's semblance ties in closely with his race, allowing him to create a cloud of toxic green smoke that explodes out of the base of his tail. The cloud of gas smells like the inside of a dumpster and also irritates the skin and eyes, forming an itchy rash if exposed to it for too long. Shawn himself is immune to the gas, and can even control its movement with concentration and a lack of strong winds.

Weapon (If Any):
reversed_ginjinka___absol_by_darkheroic-d5ljett.jpg

Shawn fights with two dagger-like weapons which can accept dust as fuel. When swung while being fueled with dust, the daggers can fire projections of dust that can cut or burn their target. Upon striking their target they will explode, dissipating in a sparkle of light. The projections will change color based on the type of dust used to fuel it, and also change attributes based on

Roleplay Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9304046&postcount=62

tumblr_ojk0lrnngf1qkpwabo2_r1_500.png

Tahu Swan
lucius_by_side34-da3cehm.png

Race: Swan Faunus

Personality: Kind, loving, and hard-working are all words that describe Tahu. Intelligence, however, is something he lacks. He isn't the dumbest person in the world, but he is definitely below average intelligence. He doesn't mind hard work and getting his hands dirty, but he also isn't good at any tasks that require problem solving. He is extremely creative, and loves art almost as much as he loves to help others. The intelligence he lacks in problem solving and common sense he makes up for in his extremely adept talent for singing and learning/playing any musical instrument you can imagine.

Appearance: White hair, pale skin, light blue eyes, and a gorgeous smile make Tahu beautiful and almost angelic. He is tall, but not too thin, and wears his hair in a long ponytail. His closet consists of almost exclusively white clothes with a few black and grey shirts thrown in. During combat he prefers to wear his white trench-coat.

Semblance: Normally his wings are weak and smaller, however his semblance allows him to double their size and take to the air, flying as he pleases. This effect doesn't last forever, but as long as he keeps concentration they will slowly drain energy from his aura and keep him aloft.

Weapon (If Any): Tahu uses a dust powered sniper-crossbow which he uses to fire bolts of metal using dust cartridges. He calls it "The Dust Dragon." It can also shoot flames out the front if he swaps the barrel for a cartridge of fire dust.
dragon_crossbow_by_evov1-d6ra955.jpg

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
Okay everyone, GM post is up! I'm posting the last part of it here in the OOC so you guys can ask any questions regarding the objectives. You can also message me privately, but doing it here is better so everyone else can see it!

Spoiler:
PART 1 - SETUP​

The Faunus Revolution Army are playing it smart. While they send their more expendable, numbers-heavy troops right into the face of the enemy, their skilled, more powerful hunters teams are getting prepared to strike from the back, and potentially take out human intel bases. Thankfully for the humans, they've gotten word of it. Now, the ambush is going to be taken to the faunus themselves.

Humans:

• Prepare weapons, ammo, supplies for battle
  • Finish any business you have in Vale
  • Head for the airdocks where you will take the airships, along with other teams (assume around a dozen or so teams) to the ambush location (point D)
  • Get dropped off, scout the location and await the next phase

Faunus:

• Finish any business you have in Porsch/FaunAc
  • Ride the airships with the other faunus hunter teams to point D
  • Set up base camps, prepare weapons and ammo until orders come in from Menagerie
  • Scout the area, remain unaware that the humans are actually coming to fuck you up right now

Foxrally

Years
JixhapC%2B-%2BImgur.gif

is this real life

YES WE ARE BACK AND WE ARE FINISHING THIS

Now that I've made sure everyone is still taking in oxygen and sugar and releasing carbon dioxide and water we can finally move on and give Dust the finale it deserves. I really do apologize for the inactivity (those who know me/asked would know the reason), and I know we would've finished it not for my dry spell.
That's why we need to get to work!

If you recall the last place we were in (I suggest you give your latter post a quick skim to freshen up on details), most teams were caught up in the massive first-strike battle in an abandoned, ruined human village. The humans have ambushed the faunus (who themselves had been preparing an attack) and everything and everyone is going through hell right now. No major Grimm have reached the town yet, aside from a few stragglers who were there before. Here's the plan:

• Finish any business you have in the ruined village
  • i.e. any fights, plotlines, meetings with other characters, etc.
  • You must end your phase 2 posts in Vale. That means, if your character is on Menagerie, you have to bring them to Vale.
  • The next phase will have all available teams recalled to fight a massive wave of grimm, in a no-man's-land setting. If you're not interested in having your personal finale there, let me know what your plan is.

So, yeah. In the words of my 1-year-ago self,

LET'S GET THIS RP BACK ON THE MAP LADS

Foxrally

Years
Not gonna lie, these posts have been some of the best I've seen in Dust, period. This act has just been so full of amazing writing and action and storytelling and drama and such cool characters and i need to stop fangirling now

Anyway, the last part of the Finale is UP.

This is it, boys. The last station before the epilogue. If you've got any knots to tie, any plot holes to fill, and stories to finish telling, any EPIC BATTLES to fight, this is where you've gotta do it. I'll see you on the other side, yeah?

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
I LIIIIIIIVE!

Hrahahaha! Again the animating forces behind reality have conveined, and in the mire that is their pooled party trash, I rise anew! Mr. Foxrally, who brought me to the Theatre all that time ago, it would be poetic and uncanny in the extreme if now under your capable GameMastering I cross into the dusty, unbrowsed archives of the Hall of Fame! Let's bring this ship to shore, everyone! We have two-to-three anonymous browsers to provide with the ending they've probably considered wanting to maybe read at some point!

Let's see some last-second ships become canon. I need my mushy mushy romance fix.

Foxrally

Years
nCf9GNM.jpg

So now that the epilogue's up, I thought I should dust this OOC off (heh heh) as well and give a sort of the thank-you-goodbye thing.

It took me almost three years to finally get around to doing it, but I finally gave this RP the conclusion it so dearly deserved. After being stuck in limbo literally at the end of the story, it felt inevitable that I would return to Dust and finally lay it to rest. Dust was an incredible RP from the start - from the insane amount of plotlines, to the length of the story, to the sheer number of player characters (I counted 90!), this one certainly is one for the books - Dust as a roleplay has a story that stretches far beyond what's IC. It was absolutely influential for me as a writer, and I hope everyone who participated in it looks back on it as fondly as I still do.

To everyone who joined us on this journey, thank you.

(Link to the epilogue.)

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great shit guys. So proud of us for knocking this out after so long.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
It's so strange to finally have this closed. I'd think of it often, these years I've been gone, and now it's finally over. Thanks for sticking it through, Fox. Dust was probably the most fun I've ever had with an RP. Not that I've had many for comparison, but all the same.

I know I kind of just played alone in the corner while most of the the rest of you came together for joint posts a lot more, but whether or not it seemed like I was paying attention, I was happy to be a part of it. I know I might be making a big deal out of it, but it's always been a big deal to me, to be allowed to share in your sandbox and be a part of the group.

Thanks again Fox for having brought us into harbor, and thanks to all of you that were players too. Even if I never spoke to you, I followed your contributions, and having you here really helped make Dust feel populated and epic in scale. Maybe some day we can play alongside each other again. And maybe I might even get to joint-post with you.

Huzzah and hurrah, the Dust has settled! We did it everyone, we saved the world! Or, well, we witnessed a brutal hate war! Now I can finally disappear forever.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Dust was always a fun time and I'll remember it fondly. BROS posts were some of the most off the wall stuff I've been a part of writing and each one was great. I'm glad I was able to be a part of this for as long as I was, and grateful to Fox for keeping it alive.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Long live Dust. It was one hell of a journey, and by far one of the most influential RPs on me. Lauren was and still is a character I hold dear to me, and I am glad I gave her an ending, bittersweet as it is. Special thanks to Fox for making the journey happen all the way to the end.

Back