• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
The shards are basically the same thing as Evolution Stones. Some Puppets don't have evolutions with certain shards. For example, Yuyuko does not have an Advent form, so it will not have a Solar Shard use. Nue doesn't have a Speed form so it won't have a Speed Shard use.

Yeah I used a Swift on Alice since your text file said use it to get Dark Alice that way but no luck, since most of Alice forms have really bad move pools beside Dark for single player anyways.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
Hmm having a lot of fun with this so far, I'm almost to Fuchsia City with 2 badges >_< the sandbox feel is really nice sometime but other time you get lost trying to find the next part of the story.

No idea where I should post this but http :// i62 .tinypic. com/ 9qbw2p.png can't post links but yeah I can't get past the battle vs Maribel in Fuchia City

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Haha, yeah it can get a bit confusing sometimes I suppose. I decided to keep the natural progression of kanto, but have it a lot more open.
Thank you for pointing this bug out, you had the misfortune of having a 1/16 chance of activating that bug (Thankfully you found it, and I am sorry that you found it). It's fixed and will work better in Demo 5. My suggestion for now is to use the middle or bottom spots to activate the event, those are fine.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Double post, but: Demo 5 is now officially released! It[s mostly a patchwork update, but includes some new things. A change log has been posted in the first post. Get it while it's fresh off the press!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
That new type chart is terrifying and pretty awesome

The only problem I have atm is that you said you are making 3 or 4 regions right? I'm around lvl 60-70 just in Kanto so is everything in Johto and Hoenn going to end up being 100 all the time?

Also merry X-mas

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I never really looked into this and to think it was because it didnt say "pokemon" in the title lol. Really looks like a great game and once it has a little more done and im done with a considerable amount of my list of games to play i hope to get more into this and play it haha. Really im glad your dedicated and you seem to be focused on quality which is the best thing hope to see more of this in the future!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
It's come to my attention that Demo 5 has several bugs I wasn't aware of, probably due to my lack of testing of certain things. I apologize for this, I should have been more thorough with my checks. All I can do now is try to do better in the future and hope it doesn't happen again.
In the meanwhile, for Demo 5, there will be no new recompilations of the build. I've prepared quick patches that should fix the smaller, individual issues.

These patches fix the EXP Share not being obtainable, and fix the gatehouse on Route 7 linking into trees instead of Saffron City. The installation for these is simple, but easy to get wrong. All you need to do is extract the contents of EXP Share Fix and Route 7 Gatehouse Fix into the "(Game Folder)/Data" folder. I'd say do it in order of patch number, just to be safe, but I haven't really tested out what happens if you do the second patch first.

I will append the first post with the quick patches so people can see them there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2014
Been a fan of this since Dev build 2.

Went to start a new game with Build 5 and encountered a nasty little issue related to starting Act 1.

Upon the text finishing and the player is given control to move. I found myself stuck inside of the cliff wall, one space up and six spaces to the left of being in front of the door to Oak's Lab. Tried several times, only to get the same result.

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Been a fan of this since Dev build 2.

Went to start a new game with Build 5 and encountered a nasty little issue related to starting Act 1.

Upon the text finishing and the player is given control to move. I found myself stuck inside of the cliff wall, one space up and six spaces to the left of being in front of the door to Oak's Lab. Tried several times, only to get the same result.

Reported a little earlier in the thread on Page 2...
Tri-post: Demo 5.1 has been uploaded to the first post, it fixes a bug in Pallet Town for new players. Please download this build!

You'll want to update to 5.1, also make sure to download the patches on the previous post.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 1, 2019
This game looks seriously amazing, and I'm excited to see Touhoumon somewhere that isn't a hack. While I have no knowledge of Touhou myself, Touhoumon is really interesting. While I can't play the game (I have a Mac), just thought you should know that this looks really nice, and if you have some extra time, I'd love to see more pictures of the game.

Guest123123

I discovered this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I have a question, though. I read that HMs are replaced with items that you don't need to teach to your Pokemon. But, I've been receiving HMs so far. I have the HMs for Cut, Flash, and Strength, but not any of the replacement items. Were the items scrapped at some point and HMs are now used after all? Or do you get both HMs and items, and they're just found in different locations? I've been looking all over Kanto for the items so I don't have to catch a Pokemon to teach Cut to get past the tree east of Cerulean.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
The HM items were not removed I can assure you. You normally have to go out of your way to obtain the HMs or the Exploration Items (The new official term for them).
I should include a list of where each item is with Demo 6, but I'll list it here for the sake of others.
0c201379ee.png

the Celadon Department Store one was minorly tweaked, it's the NPC at the top near the vending machines that gives you it now.
I also forgot to mention that Waterfall was given by Green in this. The reasoning behind this is for Victory Road, which requires Waterfall. Since you can't access the Pokemon League without all 8 badges, it's the best time to give it out.
I've also calculated for Tohjo Falls's waterfall, and since the Mini Teleporter is given to you by plot, the waterfalls there are irrelevant as you can teleport back into Kanto.

Guest123123

About an hour or two after I made that post and just decided to cut the tree down, I actually got both the Lantern and the Heavy Gauntlets XD I had been finding HMs while I hadn't found any exploration items, so I had just wondered whether HMs replaced them. Thank you for the location list.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
A quick update from the development front!
Say hello to the first available Pokemon in Demo 6 of Faith & Prayer Version!

tumblr_nl85k2IEel1r7kjz9o1_400.png

tumblr_nl85k2IEel1r7kjz9o2_540.png
tumblr_nl85k2IEel1r7kjz9o3_540.png

tumblr_njopstbPVB1r7kjz9o1_540.png
tumblr_njopstbPVB1r7kjz9o2_540.png

I've said in the past that Pokemon would eventually be obtainable in Faith & Prayer Version, just not for a while. It's time to start making good on that claim! Pokemon will not be obtainable until the end of the Kanto arc of Faith & Prayer Version, which means finishing up at Cinnabar Island. Conveniently, that's also where you can first obtain Pokemon - the Abandoned Cinnabar Mansion!

The Abandoned Cinnabar Mansion is the same as the one from Kanto games prior, except it's now buried deep under the ground thanks to the volcanic eruption 7 years ago. Most of what could be explored before is completely ruined. However, it would seem a few old barricades have come undone, and the depths of this abandoned mansion are now explorable. What could be found in the depths of this neglected place? If you've read the journals in Cinnabar Mansion in the older games, you should have a good idea what awaits down here!

There's also an event that awaits down at the deepest depths of the lab, but I won't be spoiling what it is on this blog. All I will say is thà͟t̶͝͏ ͏SC̶̢̛I̶̸E͝NCE̸ ̕̕͢h́́̕à̷̛s ̧bee̵̡͢n̶͞ ҉̨͘c҉ơn͏͡dų͟c͘te̷̸d ͢i̵̡n̢͟ ̀͘t̡́h̀͘҉è̵ ̵͜wi̛l̵̴͘de̶̵s҉͜͝t͏̴͢ w̧͢͝a̶̴y̶ ̢p̛o͡s̢͘s̨i͠b̡l̨e͟҉!͠͏ O͝h̀ de̢̛a̶͞r̡ ̡̛́m̸è̷,̢͟͞ ͘͟͜i҉̛͠t͏̨̕ ̧see̢̡m̨̀͝s̶ ́̕͠m͝҉y̶̢ t̷̛͟ex̨͝t̵̢ ̨̡͢h̕̕a͏͏̨ş͜͏ ̴́b̶̴e̵̸ço̕m̢͞e ͢͝a̶ b̶͢͝it҉͟ ̸g҉͟lį̵t́ç̛ḩ̧̀e̡̕d̶͜͠!̧ ͠L̀͝ęt͜ ̀m̨͏ȩ ̵j͝us̕͘t.͠..̧̡ There we go! All fixed! Glitches are no good, and we must deal with them accordingly! We wouldn't want any corruptions, now would we?

Another change you can see in these photos is the gender icon being different for Weezing and Graveler from Nazrin. The reason for this is another change that will be present in Demo 6: The separation of the gender classification for Puppets and Pokemon. A change that needed to come at some point was the hard distinction that Pokemon and Puppets are two very different species, and are not compatible at all - I'm crushing your hopes and dreams here and now, Pokemon and Puppets will not be able to breed with one another. Throw them in the Daycare all you want, they will not produce an egg! In the Advanced Tab of the Pokedex, you can see what Breed Group each species has. Puppets have an asterisk next to their breed groups, to signify that they cannot breed with Non-Asterisk breed groups. Even if you put a Speed Sariel in the daycare with a Mr. Mime, which both have Humanshape, there will be no egg produced. I wont stop you all from writing some weird fanfictions though..

There are a few other changes that are bound to occur. I'm also thinking of changing Kokoro to be the Shoddy Touhoumon Server Standard, but that's for another day. I should also be updating to Essentials V14 sometime soon. This will likely be the last Essentials update I do, as it is becoming far too much work to maintain the updates when things massively change. I may try and cherry pick updates from Version 15 onward, but don't expect much.

I can't give you a date for Demo 6′s release, it won't be for a while that's for sure. I've got the exterior maps that will be present in this build completed, so what remains is interiors, NPCs, Trainers, and the sort. Demo 6, when complete, will end just outside Union Cave, south of Violet City in the Johto Region. The exploration of the second region begins soon! Exciting, isn't it!

Look forward to more interesting things on the horizon!

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
Well, I was just thinking how I wanted Touhoumon outside of GBA games, and then I accidentally find this. and it appears to not be dead to boot, huzzah.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Indeed! Faith & Prayer is very much not dead yet! Have a screenshot of what I'm currently working on at this moment, actually.
7LGLQ5c.png

Violet City Gym is going to get a minor overhaul. There's 6 trainers, only two are mandatory. The quirk to this gym is similar to that of Mossdeep from OrAs - you have to cross platforms using air vents to jump between them. In some cases, there will be disabled air vents which need to be turned on. A few switches will be on the map for you to enable. Because this is the first Johto Gym normally, I've made it small and simplistic enough that beginning Johto trainers wouldn't be too intimidated.

I have a few other things I've been working on, you can catch all the small updates as they roll in at this link: http://derxwnakapsyla.tumblr.com/search/Touhoumon+Faith+%26+Prayer+Version

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Quick update from the development side of things: Demo 6 is rapidly closing in on completion! I have just a few more trainers to plug in, then I have to send it off to my testers for quality control and feedback, then polish it up. There's a few other things aside from those that need to be worked on, but they'll be done come release. I'm hoping for a release sometime in June, so keep an eye out!
In the meanwhile, here's the current Demo 6 Change Log, so you can see what's been done. This likely won't change much more between now and release.

Back