• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [T] Delirium [OOC] [Sign-Ups Open!]

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Since I'm on the subject of alternate battles, will there only be 1v1 battles or will there also be double, triple, rotation, ect. types of battles?

There will definitely be double and triple battles with NPCs. Rotation battles, probably not. I always found them a bit confusing translated outside the games.

If players wanna work together to have double or triple battles with each other, go for it!

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Oh, I'm on a phone (Since I don't have a computer) so, I can't exactly do that.

Ahh, alright. Information is under spoiler.

Spoiler:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Andie: "Not enough women are immune, huh? What happens if it's left up to the nine of you to restart the human race?" Peals from a bell echoed out of her throat. Julia shifted onto her right foot, a rare moment of discomfort washing over her.

That's a really messed up question...

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Now, let's be nice. Please do not take a harmless statement out of context. Remember the first rule of this RP.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Also, days will be implemented into the system. Whether or not you'd like to record them in the timeline system of Veriti (explained in the first OOC post at the bottom of the "About Veriti" section) or simply refer to it as Day 1, 2, 3, etc. is fine. We will see the first change in Days when a few more people post. I will put an official post in the IC.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="juliasfieldjournal"]Julia's Field Journal[/alink id]

[a id]juliasfieldjournal[/a id]
Table of Contents
[alink id="post10"]Most Recent[/alink id]

[alink id="post1"]Soaked and Vaguely Amused[/alink id]
[alink id="post2"]Skirunning Away[/alink id]
[alink id="post3"]Soup and Training Central[/alink id]
[alink id="post4"]Rolling to Victory[/alink id]
[alink id="post5"]Andieland[/alink id]
[alink id="post6"]Small Talk, Big Road[/alink id]
[alink id="post7"]An Uneventful Walk Through the Forest[/alink id]
[alink id="post8"]Steel Hook[/alink id]
[alink id="post9"]Nasty Bird[/alink id]
[alink id="post10"]Meetings and Reunions[/alink id]
[a id]post1[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Day 1 of the Adventure
The Landing Port​

The Landing Port seems to have a very straightforward ecosystem. Churbin don't have any predators, I think, they feed on berries and grass and the like. I initially thought that Pacin might eat them but I saw a Pacin get nearby to a Churbin and the beak easily scared it away… Maybe Pacin eat their eggs?? *needs further investigation.
Churbin's plumage is really beautiful, I'd like to get one of their feathers at some point.
Churbin eat berries that are too large to swallow or have pits by shaving off parts with their beak with a rotating motion. I could actually try that.
Pearl is adorable but I really need to get her field trained… She is incredibly active and does NOT know how to sit still, she scared away multiple things I was observing with her rambunctiousness, but I just don't have the heart to keep her in her Pokéball……Maybe I can ask Blackthorn about that?? *needs further investigation.
I tamed a Minu today, I'm curious to study it more, especially to see how it evolves with that item, I'm curious to see what its relationship to it is BEFORE evolution.​

[alink id="post2"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post2[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Day 1 of Exploration
Gallant Town​

I have a lot to think about right now…​

[alink id="post1"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post3"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post3[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Ming, Renday
Gallant Town​

So I thought about the battle that I had earlier in the day, and I decided to analyze it.
The cadet was obviously a little right, I should've been more prepared when I battled him and I should've known Pearl's moves but honestly I think that he was blowing it way out of proportion. I don't need to be a master battler, that isn't even the point of this trip… Honestly it's really annoying how battle-centric this entire culture is, as if that's the only thing you can do with a Pokémon… Honestly though like I don't understand the point of it!! They need to calm down and realize that you can solve problems without punching them.
Also if I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't want to hurt or corrupt Pearl. She's so adorable and tiny and cute that I really don't want to harm her and make her attack other things. She does need to get better at following my instruction though or she could get herself killed in the wild.
ALSO!! INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT NOTE TO SELF!!!! SMALL THINGS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH! SMALL THINGS CAN BE DANGEROUS DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY!
I'm not totally sure that Einstein is all there. He seems to not understand when a situation is dangerous and he is very … monotone? That's not the right word but it's very weird. I'm a little worried about him to be perfectly honest. I'm sure it's nothing though?? *needs further investigation.
When they battled each other I noticed a few issues.
I'll start with Pearl. Pearl needs to have a bit more confidence and be more willing to change things up. Learning more moves will probably help with that. Also she's not particularly strong? I still don't want to harm her ugh…
Einstein is… Well like I said before, he's not all there, and I'm a little nervous he might ignore my orders in battle? Also he should have won but as soon as the situation changed he was completely unable to adapt to it. He seems very reactionary I think, has no impetus for himself. I really have no idea how to fix that?? *needs further investigation.​

[alink id="post2"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post4"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post4[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday
Andie's Gym​

Pearl learned Rollout today, which is pretty interesting, I think it could definitely prove useful if we're trying to get something and she needs to get through a small area, she could curl up and reach it.
Also I could use it with another Pokémon that is a distraction so she can build up speed.
Einstein learned Protect, which is super useful, hopefully when he gets to a high enough level he'll be able to protect me too, in case there's like a rock slide or something.
We had a battle against a cadet's Furrage, it went pretty well, nothing really of that much note to improve upon. Except, when facing electric types we should probably avoid contact because a lot of them have the ability Static, Pearl got paralyzed. But it was at the end, so it was okay.​

[alink id="post3"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post5"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post5[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Andie's Gym​

I BEAT ANDIE!!! THAT WAS GREAT!
Basically taking out the Faireeze was pretty straightforward, Pearl was completely unaffected by its mesmerizing looks and the rain was pretty easy to get through.
The Badgrun was very unexpected and very difficult.
Pearl needs to develop some way to check ground types because none of her attacks do more than not very effective damage on them. She was taken out immediately by a magnitude, so that needs some work. I should ask Blackthorn about that *needs further investigation.
Einstein is very, very good at being fast, that's the only reason we won.
I think that improvisation is my strong suit, that worked great to my advantage. Though, we need new Pokémon on the team because the two of them were both totally weak to that Badgrun…​

[alink id="post4"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post6"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post6[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
The Path to Celeste City​

I'm super excited to study this region of Veriti, I've actually never been here before. It's like not as grand as most of the region, but I think that's why I like it! It's pretty understated and cool.
I met one of the immune, his name is Brass and he has a Kadporah, that's a Pokémon I'm super interested to study. At the bottom of this page I'm notating its color changes in response to different emotions and stimuli.
The environment here seems very vibrant and upon first stepping my foot in I can already hear all types of Pokémon…
Brass is a little too confrontational for my tastes, but other than that he seems like a very nice kid.
Kadporah communicates via color and apparently talks in Brass' brain like a young girl. Maybe different Kadporah have different psychic voices?? Maybe they can communicate with other trainers?? *needs further investigation.

Kadporah Color Hypotheses:

Green/Orange- Soothing?? Calm??
Red/Purple- Talking?? Banter??
Purple- Playful/Fun
Orange- Same as purple??? Probably not but I have no clue what it means. *needs further investigation.

[alink id="post5"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post7"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post7[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Path to Celeste City​

Wow a lot happened today, okay I'm going to write as much as I can before I fall asleep and forget everything. Good luck to me!!
So Brass and I were attacked by a swarm of Mantiby and separated. We were swarmed by friendly Krihte and I think that we were maybe in the Mantiby's territory so they attacked us? I'm fairly certain that Mantiby and Krihte are enemies, that's the best explanation I can come up with.
Then I fell into a river and all of my stuff got super wet, so I'm writing this in a new notebook. I was able to salvage the pages from my other ones so I should be okay, I just need to buy a folder to store them all, I have a lot of very interesting stuff in there.
As I was walking I encountered two Fawbi that I later added to my team, I'm pretty sure they're twins, I need to check with Blackthorn about that?? *needs further investigation.
I named them Summer and Sage. Sage was bitten by a Wolvip, although I'm not sure why he's still alive, maybe Summer fought it off?
We were chased by a pack of Wolvip and Pearl defeated the alpha and evolved, it was super eppic, she's a Ramtrill now., that was cool. Wow I'm really tired…
And then then we went to thee cabin and the______​

[alink id="post6"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post8"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post8[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Path to Celeste City; Mountainside​

Sage and Summer get along very well but Summer is a little bit overprotective of Sage, I'm a little worried that she might impact our relationship.
Pearl's new evolution is going to be weird to get used to, but she seems to be her same old self, just trapped in a giant lumbering body.
She's not nearly as manuverable now, which I could see being a major problem, especially because I would like to have her with me as much as possible in the future, need to talk to the professor about that?? *needs further investigation.
So, Einstein evolved into a Bainuu.
Contrary to what happened to Pearl, Einstein is now completely different, instead of being totally spacey, he seems... cruel?​

[alink id="post7"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post9"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post9[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Path to Celeste City; Mountainside​

First things first tomorrow morning I need to buy a flashlight and a length of rope.
Summer needs to learn how to calm down, she's constantly on the alert and never stops, no clue how to deal with that.
A Buraco attacked us for some fruit and after that ordeal I'm really not sure what to do with the twins.
Summer is too headstrong and a fighter and didn't listen to my commands, when I told her to stop she didn't, I think that that's just because her brother was around, but I may need to separate them because in another situation it could be very very dangerous to have someone so unpredictable.
Sage is completely unable to defend himself; he's very weak and doesn't even try to stay safe, he completely relies on his sister, and that is also very dangerous.
I'll have to do some trust exercises with him to get to him to feel safe when I'm around also, I think that might be the first step. Actually, that's not a half bad idea…
I don't want to deal with another Buraco. Before I go onto the next route I need to ask the Lead Protector for a map of the place and for a list of any pests I might encounter. That thing was seriously nasty.
The security around Celeste City was really intense, I'm not totally happy to be back here. Hopefully the atmosphere won't be much worse than it used to be.
I can't be finishing my treks at nightfall anymore, that has happened to me twice in a row and both times it led to bad confrontations.

Checklist for tomorrow:
- Purchase a flashlight, some rope, water, rations
- Ask Professor the questions in this journal
- Relax
- Find the Lead Protector and figure out the requirements from moving on from Celeste City
- Trust exercises with Sage
- Figure out something to do with Summer​

[alink id="post8"]< Last[/alink id]
[alink id="post10"]Next >[/alink id]
[a id]post10[/a id]
Field Notes
Julia Clark
Celeste City; The Private Academy of Pokemon Biology and Evolution​

Pearl and Einstein learned some new moves. I'm still not loving Einstein's new personality...
I met another immune person, Blaze I think his name was. He seems nice enough.
We went to the college and I saw Holloway again. She informed me that the college had to be closed because of Hysteria reactionarism?? Part of me wishes that I could have been around when that happened so maybe I could have prevented it somehow, I don't know. I feel a little guilty honestly, especially because of the stupid circumstances.
On the positive side, she gifted Oliver to me! I'm very happy to see him again and I'm glad he'll be on my team. Oliver is just the cutest little puff of fluff!!
Seems like Blaze and I are going to have to battle, I'm not super impressed by the notion.​

[alink id="post9"]< Last[/alink id]

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
What exactly does the Ferry and Plane Express/Afflicted Quarantine look like once inside?

It resembles a make-shift hospital. Hysteria affects people in different ways, so it's built to be as functional as a health-care facility as possible to help house and care for Afflicting. However, Immune are not allowed in there. It's very strict. Force members will only allowed appropriately tagged professionals inside.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
SUs will close very soon! Over half of the players are almost done with Chapter One, and after details for Chapter 2 will be posted , catch-ups will be difficult.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Well, Kiro's asleep with the Ferry Badge, so I guess I'm done with Chapter One. Also, if the SUs are closed, does that mean you're making a character to fill the last remaining spot in the RP?

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Well, Kiro's asleep with the Ferry Badge, so I guess I'm done with Chapter One. Also, if the SUs are closed, does that mean you're making a character to fill the last remaining spot in the RP?

To close Chapter One, he should go to the Gates, show his badge, and he'll be let out. I'll be posting details for Chapter Two at that time.

Yes, but I won't be playing them - she's going to be an NPC players will encounter and work with throughout the story, and players will meet her in the next town.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Just so everyone knows, normally you are not allowed to make a capture in the middle of a post and Royal must say whether you have successfully caught it or not, but Royal gave me the okay with this one due to the nature of my post.

Back