• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono-Letter Challenge

Years
The Mono-Letter Challenge

Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Mono-Letter challenge! I'm sure you are all familiar with the concept of "mono" challenges and this is just as simple. You must beat a game using a team where all the first letters of the Pokemon are the same. So, for example, using 'M' as a letter in Emerald a possible team could be: Manectric, Milotic, Magcargo, Machamp, Masquerain, Mawile. There are tricky letters such as X which have different rules which will be explained because it is impossible to use this letter in every game.

If you want something even more challenging, you can attempt the ultimate challenge. This will require you to go through one game of each region using the same letter.

Here is a useful list of all the Pokemon sorted by the first letter in their names.

Rules

1. All Pokemon on your team must begin with the same letter.
  2. For letters I, N, O, Q, U, X, Y, Z you may use Pokemon that contain those letters because it is impossible to make a team using those as letters. BUT BUT BUT, you MUST have at least 1 Pokemon on your team that begins with the letter you are doing. If this is not possible in your game then you are allowed to hack one (the pre-evolution if it has one) in at level 5 but NO LEGENDARIES.
  3. You are allowed to use a pre-evolution of a Pokemon that begins with the letter you are doing as long as you evolve them as soon as possible.
  4. You can only use legendary Pokemon if the are obtainable before the E4. They are not allowed under any other circumstances.
  5. A Pokemon of your letter or a pre-evolution of a Pokemon of your letter must be caught before the 3rd gym. If this is not possible, then you can hack one in at a low level as long as it is not tampered with by any means.
  6. HM slaves are allowed, as long as you do not use them in battle.
  7. You may use hacks of games as long as they are the same region and follow the same story.
  8. The challenge ends when the Champion of the region has been defeated:
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form:

Name:
Letter:
Challenge (Single/Ultimate):
Game(s):

Name: [supporter]Pave Low[/supporter]
Letter: M
Challenge (Single/Ultimate): Single
Game(s): Emerald
Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

masoncasey1

Yay Caterpie!
Years
I would like to try this
Name: masoncasey1
Letter: V
Challenge: Single
Game: Leaf Green
I just did all of the boring stuff and got the Town Map from Daisy.
Team:
Bulbasaur:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed

Last edited:

masoncasey1

Yay Caterpie!
Years
I leveled up my Bulbasaur to level 10
I then beat my rival for the second time.
Sorry I completely forgot about this challenge so I did nothing

Back