• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] ~The Sorting Hat!~ *:+. A Personality Type Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Introduction​
Welcome! Here we shall gather and nerd out about personality type systems, theories and tests. We can also share our experiences and struggles with being a certain type or relations with other (and similar) types.

If you know of a system that isn't listed here, let me know and I might add it! (but honestly, let's keep pure astrology out of this, ok)

CSS credit to Trev.
Personality Type Systems​
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, "MBTI"

This is perhaps the one theory that is grounded somewhat in science. 16 different categories that can help you understand why you do the things you do, and why others don't :)

Basic Info
Deeper Research
Approximate Test

Hogwarts Sorting Hat

We all love belonging to a house from Harry Potter, don't we? This is more based on what you value and wish to be, than what you might actually be.

Gryffindor: Brave, Loyal
Ravenclaw: Quick-witted, knowledgeable
Hufflepuff: Fair, hard-working
Slytherin: Ambitious, opportunistic

Alternative Sorting Quiz
Classic Pottermore Test

Dungeons and Dragons Alignment

Your D&D alignment is determined on a scale of lawful-neutral-chaotic and good-neutral-evil.

Alignment Test + Explanations

Homestuck Zodiac Sign

Unlike the traditional zodiac, this system takes into account certain features of your personality and perspective, rather than simply the day you were born.

Homestuck Zodiac test + Explanations
Club Sign-Up Form​
State why you're interested in personality type theory, and list all kinds of personality types you know you are! If you don't currently know any, I recommend taking the 16personalities test (MBTI) now~
Current Club Members​

adventure
ENFP // Gryffindor or Hufflepuff // True Neutral // Pius​

Aslan
ENFP // Hufflepuff // Scorist​

Overlord Drakow
INTJ // Gryffindor // Lawful Neutral // Arrius​

erik destler
INTJ // Slytherin // Chaotic Good​

Miningsilver
INFP // Hufflepuff // Lawful Neutral // Aquapio​

Trev
ENFP // Slytherin // Chaotic Neutral​

VisionofMilotic
INFP // Ravenclaw // Lawful/Neutral good​

Last edited:
Years
Put me in here. I live for this stuff! Why am I interested in it? It's fun! It is a good way to pass your time, and learn something in the process.

I am INFP, a type I share will the late great Princess Diana and supposedly William Shakespeare.

I am generally assigned to Ravenclaw by most sorting hats.

As an added bonus my dungeons and dragons alignment is currently tied with lawful good and neutral good.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Put me in here. I live for this stuff! Why am I interested in it? It's fun! It is a good way to pass your time, and learn something in the process.

I am INFP, a type I share will the late great Princess Diana and supposedly William Shakespeare.

I am generally assigned to Ravenclaw by most sorting hats.

As an added bonus my dungeons and dragons alignment is currently tied with lawful good and neutral good.

Welcome! INFP <3 :D

Oooh, do you know of a good site with a DnD alignment test?

Myself, I'm apparently ENFP. I sort as Gryffindor and in the Homestuck sign tests I'm Pius! I should add that to the list :3

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I'm ENFP, Slytherin, chaotic neutral. All of these are pretty interesting to me, I like seeing how well they match up with my actual personality!

Last edited:
Years
Welcome! INFP <3 :D

Oooh, do you know of a good site with a DnD alignment test?

Myself, I'm apparently ENFP. I sort as Gryffindor and in the Homestuck sign tests I'm Pius! I should add that to the list :3

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship ENFP Gryffindor!

If you or other Hogwarts alumni need a wand then I know a first rate test to help you meet your ideal wand based on your personality. I was chosen by an elder wood wand. Not the same infamous wand from the Tale of the Three Brothes. Mine evidently came from a different elder wood tree, and had a dragon heartstring core instead of thestral. I can link you to the wand selector if you think it fits the topic.

Now I have always loved Easy Damus for pinpointing alignments. Here you go Rika!
http://easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

Likewise, I'd be interested in finding out my Homestuck sign!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm ENFP, Slytherin, chaotic neutral. All of these are pretty interesting to me, I like seeing how well they match up with my actual personality!
Welcome to the club! Nice to see a fellow ENFP ^-^

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship ENFP Gryffindor!

If you or other Hogwarts alumni need a wand then I know a first rate test to help you meet your ideal wand based on your personality. I was chosen by an elder wood wand. Not the same infamous wand from the Tale of the Three Brothes. Mine evidently came from a different elder wood tree, and had a dragon heartstring core instead of thestral. I can link you to the wand selector if you think it fits the topic.

Now I have always loved Easy Damus for pinpointing alignments. Here you go Rika!
http://easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

Likewise, I'd be interested in finding out my Homestuck sign!
I'd love to take a wand test!

I'll take the alignment test now. Thanks!

The Homestuck sign test is here: http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/index.php

Brief disclaimer though; the sign test is partly Astrology, as it asks you to just pick your birth sign as the first step. But you _could_ also simply pick whatever sign you like best for whatever reason :3

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Do you need CSS for this thread? I'd love to make some. :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Oo sign me up :D I find personality type tests interesting, but also mainly just fun to do! Can definitely say that I've taken a lot from the more normal ones to "which kitchen appliance are you" (would recommend, it's a solid quiz)

I'm also an ENFP \o/ A lot of quizzes have said I'm in Hufflepuff and I identify a lot more with its traits (loyal, hardworking) but Pottermore consistently puts me in Gryffindor so who knows at this point. As for the alignment, I'm neutral good and for the Homestuck one I'm Scorist apparently which was quite spot on :o

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oo sign me up :D I find personality type tests interesting, but also mainly just fun to do! Can definitely say that I've taken a lot from the more normal ones to "which kitchen appliance are you" (would recommend, it's a solid quiz)

I'm also an ENFP \o/ A lot of quizzes have said I'm in Hufflepuff and I identify a lot more with its traits (loyal, hardworking) but Pottermore consistently puts me in Gryffindor so who knows at this point. As for the alignment, I'm neutral good and for the Homestuck one I'm Scorist apparently which was quite spot on :o
Welcome! ^^ Well, sometimes you can't 100% trust tests. You might know yourself better :)

hi i'm down to join!

I'm a chaotic good, INTJ, Slytherin. :fufu:
Welcomeeeeee aha a Slytherin?? No wonder you're holding like fifty lead spots on staff ahhahah

I'll add you to the list (and implement Trev's wonderful CSS!) when I'm on a computer next.

So, I get ENFP/ENFJ on most online tests, but when I truly look at the cognitive functions behind the MBTI theory and how I actually seem to use them, I seem more like a INFP or INFJ tbh. Interesting and confusing lmao.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The E/I and J/P sections tend to change multiple times throughout a person's life. The two middle categories are the ones that are more set in stone.

The Pottermore test is actually a bit innacurate because it doesn't present all questions. It consistently told me I was a Gryffindor, which I didn't identify with at all, but I took this quiz and it gave me Slytherin, which was a lot more accurate.

EDIT: I took the Homestuck quiz (I've never even looked at the series) and I got True Scorpio... which is hilarious, because my astrological Zodiac is the same way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh, I might switch the pottermore test out for that one then! Thanks.

I've read that your mbti type never changes through your life. You just have trouble understanding your cognitive functions, and some online tests don't formulate their questions properly. I thiiink i'm sure I use Extroverted iNtuition and Introverted Feeling, but I'm not sure in what order ahah. Likely I'm ENFP for sure ^^ still fun to research and consider possibilities! (Which is quite ENFP of me to do lol)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Phew! Finally got around to updating things.

Do you need CSS for this thread? I'd love to make some. :)
Thank you again for the css! It's lovely :D

I also added the other sorting hat quiz.

Added you!

hi i'm down to join!

I'm a chaotic good, INTJ, Slytherin. :fufu:
Added you :D

So I said I've been on a quest to figure out my true MBTI type, and after careful consideration, much reading, and trying to think of how I actually act in situations, I've concluded I'm most likely an ENFP after all ^^ My Ne running rampant, my Fi making sure I can be somewhat confident, my Te trying to make me actually decide on things and take action instead of just dreaming, and my Si desperately trying to remind me from the back row of what has worked in the past and not lol.

Years
Welcome to the club! Nice to see a fellow ENFP ^-^

I'd love to take a wand test!

I'll take the alignment test now. Thanks!

The Homestuck sign test is here: http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/index.php

Brief disclaimer though; the sign test is partly Astrology, as it asks you to just pick your birth sign as the first step. But you _could_ also simply pick whatever sign you like best for whatever reason :3

Wow! The homstuck test is so thorough. Thank you!!

If you are still up for the ultimate wand test click here.

http://www.unfading.net/wsinfo.html

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
So question for the group: which personality type do you feel describes you the most accurately?

For me, it would definitely be my Chaotic Neutral alignment. I'm really independent and out for myself a lot of the times, and I won't deny that I fabricate lies frequently just to make my life a little easier.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So question for the group: which personality type do you feel describes you the most accurately?

For me, it would definitely be my Chaotic Neutral alignment. I'm really independent and out for myself a lot of the times, and I won't deny that I fabricate lies frequently just to make my life a little easier.
I feel like Pius describes me well. http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?TS=Pius

Prospit Dreamer and Breath Aspect. I wonder what class I would be o:

INTJ
Gryffindor
Lawful Neutral
ARRIUS
Welcome! Arrius is a Homestuck sign?

Miningsilver

Dungeon Explorer
Years
Ah, personality type and theory. I honestly love the idea for a handful of reasons. Firstly I like the idea for identifying or better understanding a character in writing and other places, it makes me feel like I understand them more and it gives them more depth. The idea also just gives me inspiration for many things, and taking a personality quiz makes me feel more aware of myself. And, to top it all off, it just piques my curiosity, while personality is hard to box in and label, just exploring what we are like makes me interested.

As far as the quizzes went...
MBTI: INFP-T (This result has flip-flopped since I first took the test a few years ago, it used to be INFJ, but still, I like the idea of finding ideal solutions that work both logically and emotionally, but it doesn't mean I won't stand by something strongly.)
House: Hufflepuff (I don't know much about Harry Potter so this one is kinda lost on me.)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (An interesting one, though I take it with a grain of salt because the questions were vague or dependent on the context.)
Homestuck sign: Aquapio (Firstly, I just love the name. Secondly, the whole quiz was most intriguing to me, and it felt much more personal. The breakdown of each aspect is nice, and the small parts of each fit together quite well, I'm kinda stunned.)

Between all of them, I honestly think the Extended Zodiac Sign (Aquapio) was most fitting, the thirst for knowledge, the enjoyment of creativity, and the liking of intelligence. Each is a pretty apt description.

Back