• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Welcome Zeraora, the newest generation seven Pokémon

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
I've tried to avoid really looking into it at all, to try and keep it new for myself when it is released in an event or something. I guess there wasn't really a clever way for them to hide it better, but also maybe they expected it to be found and hoped it would build up hype about it.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm not really ecstatic about this, looks like some design made by a 12 year old, I'm actually more ecstatic about the weather tomorrow. lol GF thinks there's going to be any hype around this thing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I love Zeraora's design and it is very welcome to the seventh generation. I don't like the yellow color but at least the design made up for it.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I personally think it's pretty cool. Its design reminds me of a combination of Zoroark and Luxray.

Sirfetch’d

I quite like it! When I first saw it in the datamine it immediately reminded me of something you'd see on DA because it looks more like a fan art Pokemon than a normal Pokemon. That is really cool though and I am excited to hopefully get one soon!

Kyepha

~K Y E P H A~
Years
I like it! I hope it has a stronger role in the film than what Marshadow had last year, it looks like the young girl will get attached to Zeraora somehow...

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Hey look, it's the furbait Pokemon! Y'know, the one that ripped off Lucario's design!

To be honest, I was totally expecting Zeraora. As was stated in the other thread, they gave it the Marshadow treatment by having the announcement tie in with a movie, and yet a fair few of us know about him already because of the datamine. Too bad he wasn't an Electric/Fighting type though, that would have been amazing. But then again, that would have made it even more of a Lucario ripoff.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
A bipedal, Electric-type feline with Plasma Fists? I swear, this Pokémon was made for me! As soon as I saw the leak, it immediately became one of my top favourites. Sure it looks like a cross between Lucario and shiny Luxray, but I love both those Pokémon so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Looking forward to the film, that's for sure!

blue

gucci
Years
I love Zeraora's design, it's actually my favourite Mythical legendary of all. It's nice they've finally officially announced it too!

Years
Now that I am finally seeing Zeraora's official artwork/model in action, I am actually a bit more positive about it. Sure I'm not sure about its design overall (It's an electric cat lucario) but I do like its crouching battle stance ingame. (Although that being said, why is it's tail on it's back?)

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
It has similar coloring to a Shiny Lucario which makes the Lucario comparisons stronger. Looks like a fun Pokemon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Zeraora is so cool 8D

It seems like it's going to be a partner to that small pink haired girl.

I love Zeraora's design, it's actually my favourite Mythical legendary of all. It's nice they've finally officially announced it too!
I know right? It's like a bipedal Raikou, who is one of my other favorite legends ^^

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
I really hope they don't release it via codes in certain countries, because it's really inconvenient for the rest of us to actually get the pokemon. I just recently obtained a Marshadow, and I'm still trying to get a Diancie, Mew, and Volcanion. Its just really annoying. Also, I'm not able to obtain the new Entei available in the Mystery Gift. Is it via internet or code (for the US)? Thanks in advance.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I know theres a small chance I will grow on it, but honestly I?m not very keen about this guy. I don?t think it?s good or bad, just no strong feelings towards it. Or maybe I?m just more excited for gen8 mons.

I don?t know what to say about it?s design, I mean, I guess it?s what happened when Weavile and Lucario had a baby that got thrown into an electrical power plant? Though overall, I?m not terribly keen on it as of now.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I'll evaluate this new thing with as much brevity as possible.

I'm not a fan of Zeraora. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem interesting as a Mythical Pok?mon. What makes it special? A signature move? It doesn't even have electric powers on its own; it just steals them from elsewhere. Why does it exist? Pretty much any other Pok?mon could've taken its place imo. I probably wouldn't be salty about this if it were part Fighting.

That said, everything else about it is pretty solid.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
I'll evaluate this new thing with as much brevity as possible.

I'm not a fan of Zeraora. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem interesting as a Mythical Pok?mon. What makes it special? A signature move? It doesn't even have electric powers on its own; it just steals them from elsewhere. Why does it exist? Pretty much any other Pok?mon could've taken its place imo. I probably wouldn't be salty about this if it were part Fighting.

That said, everything else about it is pretty solid.

I feel you. But won't that Fighting-type make it a Lucario clone? I wouldn't care, but many others do. I agree with you though; a mixed typing would have made this more "authentic."

Back