• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] More new characters for next anime series revealed!

Years
EGlS2mxU0AE5CKp

Dr. Sakuragi is director of the Sakuragi Institute, the main hub of Ash and Go during their travels.

EGlTFWgVAAE6xhk

Koharu, Dr. Sakuragi's 10-year old daughter and a childhood friend of Go. Her partner is Yamper.

What do you think of them??

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Both designs look nice. I just wonder what this is about. They have still been extremely vague on what is actually going on. I assume the name Koharu will probably end up changing like everyone else's name in the dub.

It is interesting why Ash will be going here. Unless they are planning to bring back "Gotta Catch'em all" It doesn't seem like it is exactly a school. But I hope it isn't another Alola.

Koharu, I love her design and glad she has a Yamper. When i first saw her, I kinda thought of Ochaco Uraraka from My Hero Academia. So I kinda hope she has a bubbly personality, just not to where it is annoying. And I got to say, Yamper looks adorable in this art style. I also hope Koharu has a softer voice like Megumi in Food Wars.

Last edited:
Years
Maybe I'm not following the news/leaks correctly, but is this Sakuragi Institute not in Galar? Or maybe it's a separate institute from Professor Magnolia?

Either way, that Yamper is so adorable. I'm excited to learn more about this upcoming series.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Maybe I'm not following the news/leaks correctly, but is this Sakuragi Institute not in Galar? Or maybe it's a separate institute from Professor Magnolia?

Either way, that Yamper is so adorable. I'm excited to learn more about this upcoming series.

From what I have read on Serebii. The Institute is in Vermilion City in Kanto. This will be used as the base for them. So similar to how the school was in Alola. From there, I assume they will get on the ships or planes and fly to wherever they need to go.

However, we still don't know why Ash is even there, if it is a reboot, or if he is even going for badges. All we know still, which is really annoying, is that Ash will be traveling to all the regions for one reason or another. And that Go, which god I hope they change that name, wants to catch every pokemon.

From what I am seeing, Ash isn't going to be doing anything with the gyms in Galar or any type of league. Which is very annoying.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Go(u) is a name that's been used a few times in anime throughout the years. I see no issue with it. If you think "Go" looks silly maybe try just using "Gou" instead. The 'u' helps imo.

Anyways I knew that Yamper was going to be a character's Pokemon since I figured that they couldn't possibly pass that up with howwell Yamper was received by fans when it was announced! That said this series seems like it's going to be quite different and personally I'm excited and kinda glad that they haven't revealed too many details. Allows it all to be a surprise!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Any thoughts on what their english names could be? And there's no way professor's daughter is 10 years old. maybe shes like 2 or 3 years younger than me

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Linked this thread with the Daily article - it has images of the lab!
Any thoughts on what their english names could be? And there's no way professor's daughter is 10 years old. maybe shes like 2 or 3 years younger than me

Yeah, she looks older. But then there's been e.g. May with the more... uh, busty? appearance than I would attribute to a ten year old child? So maybe that's consistent...

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Hmm.. the building looks awesome and the professor seems genuine! Why? Because he has his own building. Anyway, there seems to be no logical way of estimating anime age, but in my opinion, Professor Sakuragi looks like he is somewhere in his forties and Koharo looks like a 13-14 year old girl. But, as usual, for what I know, Prof. might be 35. Koharo is actually 10.:thonk:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Koharu looks like a little girl to me, with her height and cutesy appearance and all. Ten is believable. I like her design anyway, especially her lovely hair and green eyes! I can't wait to see Yamper and other Pokémon animated in this style!

The professor looks good, too. :)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
SLAMS HANDS ON KEYBOARD

adsf

Koharu is adorable

could do without making her look 15 when she's 10, but Pokemon always has been weird about it's blurring of age lines. lol

Last edited:

Kolar™

Banned
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
"Gou and Koharu are childhood friends"
Hmm, this is good.

The professor lives in viridian town and has a base too. I am in love with these new characters tbh. Gou too. Just wish it's not smth like reboot.

Back