• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I need to level grind for the seventh gym and all I can do right now are breeder battles and random tall grass encounters. Please help

Years
I need to level grind for the seventh gym and all I can do right now are breeder battles and random tall grass encounters. Please help

Have you tried battling wild Audino?

You basically just run around where there's grass and there's a chance a patch of grass might shake, run into the shaking grass to encounter a rare Pokemon, and most of the time it will be Audino. They give out loads of EXP points when defeated and is a great way for leveling up faster than if you train against other Pokemon, and with the Lucky Egg you get even more EXP.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Hey, breeding question.

Because it can't learn it by itself in Gen V, I want to breed my Piloswine so that its egg can learn Ancientpower. But I have never tried using egg moves before... How do they work? Do I just breed the pokemon? Or is there a specific way you need to do things? Thanks!~

Years
Hey, breeding question.

Because it can't learn it by itself in Gen V, I want to breed my Piloswine so that its egg can learn Ancientpower. But I have never tried using egg moves before... How do they work? Do I just breed the pokemon? Or is there a specific way you need to do things? Thanks!~

You need to reteach AncientPower through the Reminder Girl (she's at the PWT in B2/W2) and in order to pass down egg moves, the male parent needs to know the egg move you want the baby to learn.

Remember, in breeding, female passes species down, male passes egg moves down.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
How in the world to I get a battle video on my computer and to Youtube?

I tried "Sending" it and it gave me this code 15-61212-99488

That as far as I can tell can't actually be looked up and viewed any way except by looking it up on a DS.

How do I get it onto my computer/youtube? D:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well... breeder battles are very nice grinding way.
You get money + you get more exps for beating trainer's Pokemon.
This. There is a birdbrain Breeder on Route 7, very useful to train Electric types for the nearby Gym.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Unable to Continue past Virbank on B/W 2 when u restart a game when Prev Data exists?

Hi first time poster, long time player. I've completed my White 2 for a while now and I wanted to just restart it just for fun. On previous games I was able to start a journey without saving and play until I beat the E4 because you have to save after you do. However today I came across a blockage in doing so. Ive defeated Roxie then i was lead to PokéStar Studios. I tried to leave when everybody was talking however I keep on getting stopped and the guy says I cant leave until I make a movie. So I went and made the movie then I just realized I have to save to get it released. So my question is, is there a way to get past that roadblock or is it impossible to continue? Thx for the responses in advance. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In order to save a game in a new save file while a previous save file is active (like in your case), you must delete the previous save file. Return to the title screen and press the Up button (on the D-pad), the B button and the Select button at the same time. You'll be taken to a screen where it asks you to delete your save file and say yes to both confirmations.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
In order to save a game in a new save file while a previous save file is active (like in your case), you must delete the previous save file. Return to the title screen and press the Up button (on the D-pad), the B button and the Select button at the same time. You'll be taken to a screen where it asks you to delete your save file and say yes to both confirmations.

Thanks but thats not the answer Im looking for. I already know how to start a new game

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Are there any bad effects when I adjust the time of my DS/3DS to change the in-game season?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Does anyone know what happen to Victory Road during the in between years of B/W and B2/W2?

The same reason Route 10 no longer exists. Some sort of landslide on the old Victory Road invaded upon Route 10, which is why Opelucid City to the north is closed off. If you use a walkthrough walls cheat to get through the barrier, you'll find there's just forest there, and it shows up as an unknown map of some sort if you meander through. I saw a video of someone walking the old Route 10 in W2. A Memory Link by the barriers with a character and a picture of the old Route 10 would have been a fantastic idea, though I wish Route 10 catches maintained their catch location in B2/W2 instead of saying a faraway place.

Are there any bad effects when I adjust the time of my DS/3DS to change the in-game season?
Nope. As soon as you start the game, you begin in the season you left in, but as soon as you change to a new map (through a gatehouse, entering or exiting a building, etc.), the season changes, even from Spring immediately to Winter. In Black, I stayed inside a Pokémon Center for two months, so was getting Summer in April.

Cyclone

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years

There are no effects on seasons but if you use Join avenue regularly you have to wait not only the rest of the day that you reset the time but also an additional 24 hours after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back