• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Is their a Pokesav equivalent for the gba games. Gameshark annoys me D:

I'm about to complete my fairy challenge going into the Pokemon League. This one was pretty easy because Clefable is an awesome Special Attacker and Butterfree is just a pimp
Not for editing save files. I know there's a Pokemon Maker thingy for the Gen III games (although you almost have to make eggs so the IDs match), but Pokesav is for Gen IV and V games only unfortunately.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I use PokeGen....alot.

When ever I want to do a happiness evolution I just put it's Happiness at max so I won't waste time, I mean it isn't cheating, because if it was on a DS I would have done 30,000 laps around Hearthome anyways.

I also do challenge revolving around PokeGen like a Nuzlocke where I have to have a RNG'd Team of GenI Pokemon,GenII Pokemon,GenIII Pokemon, GenIV Pokemon, Gen V Pokemon, and Legendary. Then if one dies I have to RNG another one for it's region, oh and no cross gen evolutions like Scizor or Mamoswine.

Also, I want to post my Chess Updates so bad, but I'm the thread owner, and no one posted yet, and you can't double post on PC unless your Sydian so yeah I'm dissapointed.

Years
I use PokeGen....alot.

When ever I want to do a happiness evolution I just put it's Happiness at max so I won't waste time, I mean it isn't cheating, because if it was on a DS I would have done 30,000 laps around Hearthome anyways.

I also do challenge revolving around PokeGen like a Nuzlocke where I have to have a RNG'd Team of GenI Pokemon,GenII Pokemon,GenIII Pokemon, GenIV Pokemon, Gen V Pokemon, and Legendary. Then if one dies I have to RNG another one for it's region, oh and no cross gen evolutions like Scizor or Mamoswine.

Also, I want to post my Chess Updates so bad, but I'm the thread owner, and no one posted yet, and you can't double post on PC unless your Sydian so yeah I'm dissapointed.

Gah I can't resist don't worry I'll post now even though I have no clue what game I'm going to use yet. Probably stick to my computer though D: man I'm addicted to the spacebar when using GBA despite how much I love being away from the computer and just lounging around using my iPhone as a gba

Man I can't wait til I get a DS ;_;
and hit those garage sales where I find all the older Pokemon games a dime a dozen

but spacebar I will miss you

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I use YAPE and Advance map for 3. gen games, Advance map for getting the pokemon early, and YAPE to edit evolution methods. Other things aren't really needed for challenges

Years
I post cool challenges from here on Tumblr sometimes to try and get my friends to come here and join, so I don't look like a loser on Twitter anymore, and I think one of my friends might wanna play Chess

He said something about how cool it would be with B/W Pokemon, not Gen 5 but the actual colors, but I don't think there is enough to ever pull that off for a Chess theme lol, like if 3 had to be black and 3 white

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
Hmm has anyone created a "Purity Monotype Challenge" yet? By this I mean monotype but no dual types are allowed? Cause I think this would be interesting

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!

Not racism against dual types just more challenging. Flying type would be limited to gen 5 only and would only have 1 pokemon they could use. Dragon type before gen 5 could only be not fully evolved pokemon of two families. See where I'm going?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Hmm has anyone created a "Purity Monotype Challenge" yet? By this I mean monotype but no dual types are allowed? Cause I think this would be interesting
I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.

I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.
Mehhhhhhhhhhhh I'll get around to it eventually. And actually, monotype is co-owned by myself and Alakazam17. She handles the Ultimate, and I handle the single.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.
I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.

Pretty much. That's why you never see them get approved anyway. Heh, try to Nuzlocke Fire types on Diamond. Hooray for the winning team of Infernape and Rapidash.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?

Years
Before I was against doing a lot of challenges at the same time, but now I realize it is awesome because when I am in my room in my spare time feeling bored I can just open one up on the computer and go at one after making a decision between a few choices, and then my easier challenges I have on my iphone just incase I ever get bored somewhere.

It's all good 8D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?
Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy
Well it's Easter next week (24th) so some schools have them this late because of it (Catholic schools especially).

Shedinja: /fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back