• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth looked as the dancing proceeded.

Too bad it's not my type of music... Mayhaps we can fix that...

Seth walked up to the dancing group and said "Excuse me, but I don't dance. At least not to this music..."

Seth pressed pause on the CD player, and ejected the disc. With a flourish, he took out and inserted his CD, with only on word on it: DANCE.

Soon enough, heavy techno beats started pumping through the portable stereos he had set up. He started dancing as he never had before, spurred by the effect of both Ludicolo's ability and the upbeat sound of the music.

"Now THIS I can danse to!"

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Academy Hallways

Jimmy was about to explode when Rosalyn suddenly turned more shy and apologised. After that, Kaida was not the only one holding him back. Something inside of him was keeping him from screaming at her. He just sighed and rolled his eyes as Kaida let go of her trainer to let Rosalyn give Jimmy a minute-long hug.

After that, she said hello to Alice, and before the red-haired girl could say something, and ask what had happened, Rosalyn just explained what was wrong with her. She had run into somoene she strongly disliked. Wow.

"Um, I'm terribly sorry, Rosalyn." she said, "Who would that be?"

Jimmy meanwhile did not see a word. His arms were crossed, and he had an annoyed expression on his face. It looked as if he was still mad about this whole accident, but the truth was he was deep in thought. Who could that someone be? As he thought, Kaida waved at Belle, who was circling the group while flying, whereas Jello just floated there timidly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Skarmory was finally flapping his wings at a consistently stable rate while holding a decently sized rock in his talons. Tristen came up to her pokemon and called him over. "Good job; you're getting the hang of it." She tossed up a small piece of pokefood as a small reward. "Now," she said, grabbing his face with her petit hands, "I want you to carry the rock even higher. Remember to continue using good flying technique, but take the rock very high into the sky and drop it." She paused for a second and added, "And try not to squish me. Don't focus too much on aim for now, but don't kill me either."

Releasing his head, Tristen stepped back as Skarmory went to pick up the small boulder again, this time taking it higher into the atmosphere. She shielded her eyes from the sun as she watched his elevation increase. A few minutes later, the rock fell again to the earth, shaking the ground slightly upon contact. The steel bird continued to do this, focusing on his strength and endurance. The white-haired trainer once again left him alone for a few moments to return to her croagunk training on the other side of the clearing.

Tristen stopped suddenly when she was able to clearly view the small purple frog. The poor thing looked like he was throwing a fit, stomping hard on the ground. Her face puckered up as she took in the sight, trying not to laugh. "Gabe," she snorted, bringing her to his attention, "how are you coming with Earthquake?"

His yellow eyes flashed at her, and Tristen took in his frustration. Gabriel was a kind of perfectionist, and it was almost on the brink of becoming an obsession. Still, she couldn't help but laugh a little at what she was looking at: This tiny frog was jumping up and down like a bunery on caffeine.

She acted like he didn't glare at her. "How about you show me how it's coming along?" The croagunk frankly turned his head and proceeded to make himself still. Suddenly, he threw his foot to the earth, and... produced a small bit of shaking in the ground. "Um..." Tristen rubbed her right arm. "At least you have Magnitude 1." Gabriel shot her a menacing glare. "Magnitude... 1.6," She corrected herself quickly.

Tristen walked over to him and knelt down so she could look her pokemon in the eyes. "Don't worry about it too much. You may be having troubles with it right now, but I know that once you get it, you'll be the best out there." She stood up. "You can always try different ways to do Earthquake. Try using the impact from both of your legs. Or your arms. Or all four of your limbs. Experiment. I'm sure you'll get it."

Gabriel simply nodded and returned to his training with renewed confidence. The fierce look in his eyes told Tristen that no matter how long it took, he would master this move, and when he did, he'd execute it perfectly every time.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Academy Hallways

Rosalyn sighed and looked from Alice to Jimmy as Belle happily landed next to Kaida. "well" she started then stopped sighing again. "there are only a few people that can make me really angry, or upset, all of them related to me" she decided that was a good way to start. After all they weren't the most pleasant memories.

Looking back at Jimmy she managed to smile a bit more. "I saw him last night too, that's why I ran off so quickly, my oldest brother...Sage. I haven't seen him since he moved out when I was about 10." she said sighing more. "lets just say...I had my reasons for running away from home, and I'm worried he might try to send me back there, I wouldn't put it past him to, like my father...he thinks I'm not strong enough to be a trainer" she shook her head. Rosalyn knew she had proved them wrong, and though Sage might try to send her home, she was more worried about him spilling her secrets, destroying her artwork, or worst of all, telling Jimmy she liked him.

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and blushed. She didn't say anything, however and looked at the ground. Kayla looked at her and sighed. Her eyes were still flickering red a little as she spoke. "Are you alright?" Holly looked up at her and smiled a little. "Yeah... this is just hard." Kayla bent down a little and hugged her. "It's okay. Just take your time." Holly looked up at her and smiled.

Suddenly, Holly's Xtransceiver rang. She picked it up and was surprised to see her brother. He had a bruise on his cheek. "What happened?" He sighed and pointed his Xtransceiver at Amy. She had a pink streak in her hair and was laughing a little. "Hey, Holly! I finally finished that thing with my hair!" Chase turned the Xtransceiver back to him and sighed. "Only after you punched me... and you spilled most of the dye on your pokemon!" He turned the Xtransceiver towards an Absol whose fur was pink. Holly sighed and looked at Kayla. Kayla was trying to hold back a laugh. She looked up at Haru for a second and hoped he didn't think Holly was rude.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru laughed. "A pink Absol! No way! I've heard of those!" He waved to the people on the XTranceiver. "Hi there. I'm Haru." He felt like he had to introduce himself to his brother and sister in law...if all went according to plan. He looked to Holly and sighed. She was perfect. "I'm Holly and Kayla's friend." He laughed again when he saw the pink stripe in her sister's hair. "I tried to dye my hair once...it didn't go very well." He shuddered as he remembered the horrible scene...red and black everywhere....I'm never going goth again...never.

Years
Amy ran to where her brother was and tackled him to the ground. She took his Xtransceiver from him and waved to Haru. "Hi there!" Chase got up and groaned a little. "Crazy woman..." He looked at the Absol that was sitting alone in a corner. "You were thinking that too, weren't you?" The Absol nodded and slowly walked towards Amy. "Hey there, Ayame!" She turned back to look at Haru. "So are you Holly's boyfriend? You work fast!" Holly looked down at the ground and started blushing. Chase looked at Haru for a second. "Hello." Amy nudged him a little and laughed. "You need to loosen up a bit!" Chase looked at her and sighed. "Crazy woman..." He muttered again. Kayla started laughing a little. "At least he's better than my brother!" Holly looked up at Haru and smiled a little.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru blushed wildy. "Boyfriend?" He didn't know what she was talking about him and Holly? "I'm confused here." He said with all sincerity. He saw Holly's smile and almost died of happiness. He had seen an angel's smile. Kayla. He should've realized that she had been trying to get her two friends together. "Kayla, would you have anything to do with this?" He asked the girl, although he knew the answer. He sincerely hoped that Holly was the one who had called him her boyfriend. He really wanted to be. "Follow up question, would you like to be my girlfriend Holly?" He awaited both answers, his heart hanging on by an artery. Dear Arceus say yes.

Khawill

<3
Years
Kira and Kim
The new electric music threw her off, she was used to doing the samba but she soon got with the beat and brought great moves into the game. They danced for a few hours until it got slightly dark. "Well, we've partied for hours now, I think I should get to bed." She started putting all her pokemon in their balls, "Oh yeah if you see that boy again, tell him to stay away from me; he's bad luck." She thought for a moment, "Though Rafael you should still thank him." Even if it was that kids fault. She walked toward the dorms. She yelled over her shoulder "Oh yeah, I'm in Raikou dorm"

Teal Wright
Teal was riding, slung over ponyta's back and seemed to feel better the farther he got from the beach. He wasn't actually paying attention to where ponyta was going because he couldn't see, but he began to notice they were heading into the forest. His throat was a bit soar from the violent coughing. "Hey ponyta we're going the wrong way..." he was stopped short by loud pounding on the ground, it wasn't very strong but it made ponyta rear up and make him fall off. "Ah, whoa boy." He stroked his head and calmed him, "I think I can walk now, come back in." He put him back in his ball and let Vel out, "Vel c'mon up." Vel ran up his extended arm. He began to walk toward where the rumbling was coming from. He still felt dizzy but kept his balance and eventually managed to look normal again; despite the fact that his clothes were still a mess. He walked forward and noticed a skarmory flying with a boulder, "Wow Vel that's intense, you think you could do that." He was speaking softly and hoarsely, "I'm kidding, you're plenty strong already for your size." He pat Vel on her head and continued watching.

He witnessed a frog-like pokemon he had never seen before trying to use earthquake. The fact that he could shake the ground with his size astounded Teal I never thought a pokemon could be so strong; and shes still saying he can get stronger! He saw the girl and decided to approach her. "Uh, hey there I'm Teal Wright and this is Vel, can I ask how you got such strong pokemon?"

Years
Kayla looked up at Haru. "Um... well... Not really. Besides, Amy said that! I never mentioned anything to her." She looked down at Holly's Xtransceiver and shot a glare at the woman. Amy giggled and looked at Holly.

Holly looked up at Haru and blushed. What do I do? What should I say? I'm so confused! She looked at the ground. "I don't know... This is happening so fast. Why do you want to date me anyway?" She was confused. No one ever even noticed her. She was just 'that weird short girl'. She looked down at her Xtransceiver for advice. Both her brother and sister shrugged.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru's heart skipped a beat. "Well, you're beautful," Keep going man! You have to tell her! "You're super nice, you're you, and I feel like everything in the world is okay around you." There. I said it. The truth spurt from his lips like uselessness from a Magikarp. (Until it evolves of course.) He blushed wildy again, not knowing what to do. He meant every word he said to her, and was not going to take anything back, even with her siblings watching. He loved her more than he had loved anything his entire life. Haru did the same thing he did before. He leaned down and kissed Holly yet again.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen was sitting on a nearby rock in the shade, watching her pokemon train themselves--it was how they handled things. She liked her pokemon to be strong, independent-thinkers; they could make their own decisions and learn what training methods worked best for themselves.

Gabriel had gotten to Magnitude 5/6 in his training. He was a fast learner; he just moved a little slower sometimes because he was so focused on the little details. Earthquake was just another one of these things. She smiled. He would forget Mud-Slap as a result, but it was completely worth it.

Skarmory, on the other hand, had escalated his training and had moved on to work on his precision; he could effectively lift several different sized boulders high in the air and drop them onto target areas with some variation in accuracy. Sky Drop would replace Feint in his moveset and, in addition, help him to improve his flying dexterity.

While taking in the sight of her pokemon doing their best, Tristen heard footsteps come up from behind her. They didn't sound like one who was tiptoeing or trying to remain unnoticed, so she didn't raise any alarm and sat calmly, waiting for whomever was coming.

After some time, she heard a male voice come from behind her. "Uh, hey there. I'm Teal Wright and this is Vel."

She turned around and observed the black-haired boy with her bright red eyes, making no effort to put a smile on her face. On his shoulder was a small linoone whom she assumed to be "Vel."

Teal continued, "Can I ask how you got such strong pokemon?"

Tossing back her thick white hair, she remained sitting. "Hello, Teal. My pokemon? Oh; they're far from strong. That's why we're training." Her voice sounded cold and irritated. She chuckled at herself. Well, that sounded mean--I should really watch my tone. She paused for a moment; you could hear her pokemon still training in the background. Looking him over once again, she frowned, and her voice became a little more concerned. "Are you... okay? You look kind of sick."

The albino girl stood up and walked to her bag and pulled out a bottle of water. "Seriously. You look really pale. Almost as pale as me." She forced the bottle on him. "Drink it. I don't want you throwing up on me. Or my stuff."

(OOC: Sorry, I kind of write a lot.)

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal Wright
Teal took the bottle and drank the water, "I'm fine, just a bad experience at the beach." He took another sip, he was thirsty pretty thirsty, "Thanks." He felt slightly more refreshed Maybe it was dehydration.
"You're pokemon are way stronger than mine, no offense Vel." He let Vel run down and lay in his arms,
"Actually funny story, my first day and I got jumped by a group of mankies, granted I attacked one first." He laughed a bit at his own incompetence,
"Vel herself isn't very strong, though my ponyta managed to carry me all the way here." His voice was still hoarse but he didn't feel sick any more, "I'd offer some food in return for the water but I think I left it all at the beach." I bet she can give some tips about training.
"Hey uh, can you help me train my pokemon, I really don't have any money to give but I can buy you lunch every day or offer free assistance in the field if your pokemon gets injured, I'm an expert at first aid."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen's red eyes watched him with scrutiny as he drank the water thirstily and talked to her. The thing about the mankeys was actually quite funny to her, so she allowed her lips to curl slightly at the edges. She then considered the offers that he gave her in return for help in training.

"I really don't have any money to give, but I can buy you lunch every day or offer free assistance in the field if your pokemon gets injured; I'm an expert at first aid."

She thought to herself as he spoke. Well, I don't eat lunch, and free medical assistance sounds interesting, but I don't usually need it...

After some silence, she responded, her hands resting on her thin waist, and spoke very frankly, "Are you sure you want help from me? You don't know who I am; you don't even know my name. I could be a jerk, you know." She looked at him very seriously. "And I don't like being with people."

She turned for a moment to check on her pokemon--they were training. Still training.

Tristen looked back at Teal. She sighed. "I guess I could help you, but I should warn you that I don't have the best control over my temper, and my patience is short."

Then she paused to consider. "But... I'm not inhumane. I can be nice if I try." I think.

Last edited:
Years
Holly looked up at Haru and blushed even more. Amy and Chase looked at Haru in awe. "What... was that?" Chase asked looking at Holly. Holly looked down and blushed. "Um..." She managed to look back up at Haru. She averted her gaze back to the ground. "No one's ever said that about me..." The only things she was used to being called was short. Amy looked at her and smiled. "But he's right. You are beautiful. You're just a little short." Holly looked at her and frowned. Kayla laughed and patted Holly on the head. "Don't worry... You'll catch up to me eventually. Just four more inches." Holly sighed and looked back at Haru.

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal Wright
Teal almost cheered, Wait would that annoy her, probably shouldn't try it. Instead he set down his bag, woke up Vel and let out his Ponyta, "You guys ready to get stronger?" Vel stretched sleepily and stood up, he tossed her a Chesto Berry and she perked up, though disliked the texture.
"So what should I do first? Do I really don't know your name, should I call you master or ma'am or your real name..." He thought for a moment and then became flustered, "Oh man, I never asked for a name, I just came out of nowhere, I'm sorry." He began to get very nervous and started rambling,
"I didn't mean to offend you, er sorry be rude, not to say that I offended you, you don't look offended." He began to scold himself Stop talking, you're going to lose a chance to get stronger. He took another drink of water and a deep breath Calm down, she probably won't kill you. Teal slipped a nervous chuckle and instantly became flustered again

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen raised her eyebrows as he immediately opened his bag and released his pokemon. Well. That was fast. He wants to start... Now? She almost burst out laughing when Teal asked, "...Should I call you master or ma'am or your real name..." The idea of someone calling her master was almost too appealing.

A grin crawled onto her pale face as she watched him trip all over his words, getting all flustered. "Dude, chill." You look like you're afraid that I'm going to pull out my pocketknife and stab you or something. "Let's take things a little bit slower here, okay?"

She sat back down in the shade (her fair skin burned easily in the sun), pulled out a notebook and started writing. Things were a little bit quiet as she read a few paragraphs quickly to herself. "Um, you can sit down for a sec." She waited for him to respond. "Oh, and I'm Tristen. Just as a warning, I do things a little differently, especially when it comes to training. So let me just finish this and I'll... uh... "help" you with training after I'm done." The idea of helping someone else was rather weird to her still.

"How about you tell me about yourself and your pokemon? Like what moves they know, your relationship, personalities, blahblahblah." She waved him on to start while she wrote with her left hand.

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal Wright
He hesitated before sitting down Well my clothes can't get any more dirty.
"I'm Teal and I come from Rosepetal City, its on an island a bit off from here." He thought back, "That's where I caught Vel, but it was a place where pokemon are very easy to catch. Vel is short for Velocity because she runs so fast, all she knows offensively is Dig and Headbutt. He was able to beat ponyta using a double team bait and switch with dig." Teal felt proud that he had indeed captured his first pokemon without too much help.

He pointed to the ponyta, "I haven't named that one yet, I just caught him earlier. He's strong though, he carried me all the way over here. He is much more offensive than Vel though, he has Flame Wheel, Flame Charge, Stomp, and Tackle. I'm not sure about his personality, he listens well enough to me but I haven't gotten to battle with him."

"I'd tell you more of my history but..." He thought hard, something was wrong, "I can't remember anything before catching Vel." I know I could remember this morning, I was telling Seth about it. "It isn't important though, I'm sure I just can't remember because of a mental block. I guess I should explain a bit of the sickness too while I'm telling stuff, pretty much some dude drowned saving his pokemon and I helped saved his life." Then right after I felt sick, somehow he didn't think to say that aloud, "I also met a guy who can read my mind and talk to his pokemon named Shadow."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen listened to Teal's background as she wrote in her journal (which had nothing to do with what he was saying). She read over her writing as he finished mentioning the psychic and his pokemon Shadow. She nodded and looked up at Teal after she put her notebook away.

The fact that he couldn't remember part of his childhood struck a chord with Tristen; she was still suffering from a mild case of amnesia that she got seven or eight years ago. She went by Tristen "S" because she couldn't remember the rest of her last name even if she wanted to. But still. She shuddered at what she could remember--her parents that were members of Team Rocket were still out there, possibly looking for her right at that very moment.

She shook the thought off and reached into her backpack to pull out a small pill. That had reminded her--she had some permanent lung damage that she had contracted around the same time she got amnesia, so she had to take her medication every once in a while. Without asking, she grabbed the water bottle from Teal's hand and took a swallow after plopping the medicine into her mouth.

"Okay, so your Ponyta is new, and your Linoone is your starter." She adjusted her seat as the ground shook from Gabriel's Earthquake training behind them. "Well, this is how I personally train. My pokemon are independent. You see me sitting here? I don't do much to help them unless they're in desperate need of it."

"Another difference is the relationship I have with my pokemon; I've had them for more than half my life. I know them better than the back of my hand. You've got to establish some sort of relationship with that Ponyta," she pointed a thin finger at the flame pokemon, "before you can do truly effective training. At least, according to my book."

"As for you linoone, I can just tell she's a troublemaker. She's been eyeing my backpack this entire time." She smiled at Vel and spoke to it directly, "Sorry sweetie, but I don't have anything in my bag that's worth stealing."

Tristen returned her attention to Teal. "Try to draw the line when it comes to certain behaviors. I know she has a decent amount of discipline, I'm sure, but you've got to be able to predict moments of potential misbehavior."

Arceus, I sound... like a know-it-all.... Ew. "You don't necessarily have to follow what I say word for word, but that's just how I'd interpret your pokemon for effective training."

She paused for a moment. "I'm going to have to think of some sort of payment. To be very frank, I don't think this is worth my time unless I get something out of it." She chuckled wryly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

This was one of the closest battles Nika had since arriving on the island. Even her battle with Maxwell had been clearer than this, and that had been a double KO. If she hadn't managed to divide the already troubled team of Mark and Able this would have been done by now. She could see the pain on Mark's face as he tried to get control of his pokemon again, Able battling as if she had no trainer at all.

...This wasn't a trainer battle! Able was battling completely by herself, and what was the point of that? Nika wasn't learning anything! Mark certainly wasn't, all that was happening was Nika was driving a wedge between another trainer and his pokemon. Was that what she wanted? To be the trainer no one respected, no one wanted to battle because she played dirty? She had always told herself she would do whatever it took to show her strength, her dominance, so that no one would ever treat her badly again.

Yanma was hit by the Fury Cutter attack. Any other attack would have finished him off, but the initial weakness of Fury Cutter wasn't quite enough to get the job done. He buzzed weakly, barely staying airborne, clearly exhausted by the battle and awaiting his next order.

Nika stood stock still, torn. For just about the only point of the battle so far her face had a clear expression - confusion. At this point she was probably going to lose, Yanma just wasn't strong enough to keep up with Able. Should she give up, admit defeat and apologise to Mark for the damage she had done to his relationship with Able? Should she carry on, stay true to her strategy and her philosophy in a display of strength?

I don't know what to do...

Back