• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Well got everyone over level grinder up to 18 before tackling the normal gym but zubat was a pain to train larvitar pawniard and Heracross did all in defeating the gym
My team
Batsy the hardy zubat lv. 18
Devo the quirky larvitar lv. 19
Dojo the bold Heracross lv. 19
Deep blue the hardy pawniard lv. 19
Cascada the jolly eevee lv. 18
Vinsu the careful meowth lv. 18
Dojo so far is the mvp and Batsy is the lvp with Cascada being a wild card
Excadrill you get haxorus tentacruel gengar beedrill magnezone and armaldo if you want you can switch salamence for haxorus

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First Update
Platinum | Jason
50px-Coal_Badge.png
50px-Forest_Badge.png

The first part of the game, up until I caught a Zubat - who I had named Hazel - doesn't matter as my starter was boxed once Hazel was high enough to defend herself. I started training Hazel for the first gym, which I knew was going to be difficult because haha a Zubat against a Geodude, Onix, and Cranidos. While I was training I went to the route above the city and found out then that hey, I can catch Ponyta here (don't mind me I didn't check beforehand ok). So I caught a Ponyta, named her Silena, and continued training. Tried defeating Roark during those training times a few times, but to no prevail. It wasn't until Hazel evolved into a Golbat when I defeated him. Fairly easy too!

After I defeated Roark I quickly went straight to Valley Windworks where I then caught Sally the Buizel. Did the Valley Windworks and Eternia Forest things, then very easily defeated everyone in the second gym and Gardenia herself with Silena alone. All thanks to the grinding I did for the first gym! After I defeated the second gym I had gone to the secret part of Wayward Cave to catch my next Pokemon. Soon enough, I had Festus the Gible on my team! Onward I went to go and get my fifth member of my team: an Eevee who I named Thalia. Last thing I did before stopping was went all the way back to the Forest and evolved Thalia into Leafeon. ♥ Next will be some more training and then taking on the third gym so I can then go and catch the final member of my team.

Spr_4p_169.png

Hazel (Crobat) ♀ | Naive | Level 27 @ Soothe Bell
Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Astonish, Bite

Spr_4p_077.png

Silena (Ponyta) ♀ | Timid | Level 27
Flame Wheel, Stomp, Tail Whip, Ember

Spr_4p_419_f.png

Sally (Floatzel) ♀ | Relaxed | Level 27
Swift, Quick Attack, Aqua Jet, Crunch

Spr_4p_443_m.png

Festus (Gible) ♂ | Jolly | Level 22
Dragon Rage, Sandstorm, Take Down, Sand Tomb

Spr_4p_470.png

Thalia (Leafeon) ♀ | Quirky | Level 21
Tackle, Helping Hand, Sand Attack, Growl

HM Slaves:
Machop - Rock Smash
Budew - Cut

TY

Im afraid to tell i gotta switch games from B to B2 (if possible) since i lost my Black game and i have a slight idea of where it could be and thats miles away from where i currently am...

NostalgiaFreak

That one Trainer
Years
Username: Operate170
Game: Expert Emerald
Pokemon that got away
Spoiler:

Rules: No more than 2 of a type. Anything else goes.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: Operate170
Game: Expert Emerald
Pokemon that got away
Spoiler:

Rules: No more than 2 of a type. Anything else goes.
Flygon
Gengar
Crawdaunt
Sceptile
Aerodactyl
Heracross

Should be fun using these! Good luck.

NostalgiaFreak

That one Trainer
Years
Thanks! This sounds like a really fun team.

Flygon
Gengar
Crawdaunt
Sceptile
Aerodactyl
Heracross

Should be fun using these! Good luck.
I have decided to restart the challenge, mostly because I got carried away with hacking items. Could I get one of the Dragon types (Aerodactyl is rock and dragon type in expert emerald) replaced with a pokemon of another type? Preferably psychic, but I'm fine with anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update #4 on Sacred Gold!

Pokedex: Seen 493, Caught 493!

I am finally done with the Pokédex in this hack, which means I "beat" the game! The starters took forever to evolve all the way, as did the fossil Pokémon and some others like Pineco and Aipom. Then I caught the rest of the legendaries, all of which had catch rates of 3, ugh.

Arceus was by far the toughest to catch since it is at L100 and knows Recover, but I did it! Took a video too:

Video:
Spoiler:

Legendaries Caught:
Spoiler:

Time for evaluations of the ones that previously had gotten away!

SG_373.png

Menace the Naive Salamence, ♂
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Fly, Dragon Dance
Lance MVP, Kanto co-MVP, Red MVP

OVERALL: A
Comments: Only reason it's not an A+ is because he took so long to evolve, but once Salamence was on my team, he destroyed everyone!!!

Spr_4h_119_f.png

Reign the Adamant Seaking, ♀
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Return, Waterfall, Megahorn, Rain Dance

OVERALL: B+
Comments: Most of her value was because she was my Surfer, but was a good member in her own right with strong Water attacks.

Spr_4d_346.png

Lily the Serious Cradily, ♀
Ability: Suction Cups
Moves: Giga Drain, Stone Edge, Toxic, Stealth Rock
Kanto co-MVP

OVERALL: B
Comments: Great defenses, but sometimes was frustrating to use with her shallow movepool.

Spr_4h_083.png

Ken the Careful Farfetch'd, ♂
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Close Combat, Leaf Blade, Brave Bird, Swords Dance
Johto co-MVP

OVERALL: A-
Comments: Amazing attacks and type coverage, but crappy defenses really let me down at times. Not like this is a real Farfetch'd, either, lol.

Spr_5b_303.png

Chomper the Adamant Mawile, ♂
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Iron Head, Rock Slide, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch

OVERALL: B
Comments: Didn't really shine that much since he didn't really learn any powerful attacks, although he has a nice ability and decent type coverage.

Spr_4p_269_f.png

Luna the Sassy Dustox, ♀
Ability: Compundeyes
Moves: Bug Buzz, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain
Johto co-MVP

OVERALL: C+
Comments: Great at the early portion of Johto, but really fell off in value quickly after that, and I stopped using her altogether when I was grinding to face Red, since I needed a spot for a Rock Climb slave anyway.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Second Update
Platinum | Jason
50px-Coal_Badge.png
50px-Forest_Badge.png
50px-Relic_Badge.png

Not a big update but I was inactive for about two weeks so I'm updating to show that I'm still doing and did progress a little in this challenge! All that really happened was that I trained a little bit before going to face Fantina. During training Festus evolved into a Gabite! Beating Fantina was easy, defeating her three Pokemon with a mix of both Festus and Sally. Afterwards I went to Route 209 (once it was nighttime) in order to capture the last member of my team: a Duskull named Hades! Going to train him up and do some general training before continuing. Or well... at least the former.

Spr_4p_169.png

Hazel (Crobat) ♀ | Naive | Level 30 @ Soothe Bell
Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Astonish, Bite

Spr_4p_077.png

Silena (Ponyta) ♀ | Timid | Level 28
Flame Wheel, Stomp, Take Down, Ember

Spr_4p_419_f.png

Sally (Floatzel) ♀ | Relaxed | Level 29
Swift, Quick Attack, Aqua Jet, Crunch

Spr_4p_444_m.png

Festus (Gabite) ♂ | Jolly | Level 26
Dragon Rage, Sandstorm, Take Down, Sand Tomb

Spr_4p_470.png

Thalia (Leafeon) ♀ | Quirky | Level 27
Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Growl

Spr_4p_355.png

Hades (Duskull) ♂ | Relaxed | Level 17
Disable, Foresight, Astonish, Confuse Ray

HM Slaves:
Machop - Rock Smash
Budew - Cut

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
First update Ian while but quickly defeated burgh using Batsy who while fighting team plasma evolved into golbat then again into Crobat level grinder before challenging Elena but devo did all of that in the process evolving into pupitar then on my way to clay I had a run in with the champ who taught cherri a well needed lesson I then level grinder and using just Cascada defeated clay then before challenging the flying gym I again grinned til everyone was 40 then easily defeated her using just devo I am now grinding after getting through twist mountain
Devo the pupitar 45
Batsy the Crobat 42
Dojo the Heracross 47
Cascada the vaporeon 40 evolved him when I got to castalia
Deep blue the pawniard level 40 (can't wait til he evolves)
And vinsu the Persian 40 he evolved grinding to beat elesa

Well again level grinded up to where everyone was 45 then I defeated brycen after which I defeated team plasma at drangonspiral tower and again at relic castle then grinded up to 50 before taking on iris defeated her using just Cascada who kinda grew a lot of levels while fighting the gym I also grinded deep blue til he evolved while doing so my entire team got infected with pokerus
Cascada the vaporeon 57
Deep blue the bisharp 52
Vinsu the Persian 50
Devo the pupitar 50
Dojo the Heracross 50
Batsy the Crobat 50
So far the leader of my team has changed a lot but Cascada has always been great so I'm naming him my unova gym MVP and devo the lvp he is very slow and low defense he will be evolved before the league though

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
Username: Dark Zapdos
Game: Platinum
Parameters: no pokemon of the same type also would like two that can use fly and surf

pokemon that got away
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2013
Username: Satiel
Game: Emerald
Parameters: No pokemon of the same type
Pokemon that got away:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
Username:Youri X D
Game:platinum
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Username: RandomMudkip
Game: Heart Gold
Parameters: 4 Pokèmon... No matching Types.
The ones that got away: [Scyther Golem Gengar Machamp Starmie Porygon2 Porygon-Z Bronzong Garchomp Solrock Absol Aggron Manectric Shiftry Slaking Spiritomb Dusclops Articuno Altaria Claydol Staraptor Registeel spoiler]

Could someone tell me how do do spoilers? Lol

Last edited:

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
Username: RandomMudkip
Game: Heart Gold
Parameters: 4 Pokèmon... No matching Types.
The ones that got away: [Scyther Golem Gengar Machamp Starmie Porygon2 Porygon-Z Bronzong Garchomp Solrock Absol Aggron Manectric Shiftry Slaking Spiritomb Dusclops Articuno Altaria Claydol Staraptor Registeel spoiler]
how about
Gengar
Starmie
Altaria
Porygon-Z

Username:Youri X D
Game:platinum
Pokemon that got away:

Sandslash
Kingler
Clefable
Pinsir
Alakazam
Golbat
have fun

Last edited:

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Username: Icyflame
Game: Soulsilver
platfourms: 5 pokemon....no matching types
The ones that got away: Scyther, Golem, volpix, digglett porygon-z, porygon, ditto, mewtwo, raikou, entei, and gengar.

Back