• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Help With Frontier Brain Script

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted in this forum. I need help with something. I'm using the battle frontier in my game, which uses the code already in Pokemon Essentials(Latest version, 17.2 i believe) and I'm having trouble with the implementation of a frontier brain. Below is my code:

http://gyazo.com/d887f5449fdd527dfd503da2040b9555
http://gyazo.com/ca77606bfc6c7fb85acfea2d99179ae4

Upon completing the required amount of wins for the battle challenge to end (for the sake of testing, it is 1 win in this case. The NPC says 20 but that's just placeholder text) the player is then presented with the option of battling the Palace Maven (the Frontier Brain). If the player selects retire, they are removed from the room and the game resumes as normal. If they choose to Go On, they battle the Palace Maven. The problem occurs here. The format of the battle is not like the rest of the battle's we've done in the area. The player's Pokemon are their original levels, and the player also gets prize money in the end, and can select any move rather than it being at random (like the Battle Palace should behave.)

My question, is, how can I perform this battle while also keeping the battle rules and format of the Battle Palace? Is the Conditional Branch Script pbBattleChallenge.MatchOver? getting rid of the rules? any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

(EDIT: So I'm pretty sure this is what's going wrong but do correct me. Because I am calling the battle using the PBTrainerBattle script, it uses regular battle rules? So is there a way to make a call to the Frontier Brain defined in the trainers.txt file, or do I need to define this trainer in the bttrainers.txt file and make a call to it there using the BattleChallenge script?)

Last edited:

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
Bumping because I really would like to know how to do this. Basically what I said above is that I want to be able to fight a trainer defined in trainers.txt, but use the proper battle rules used in the battle frontier (Battle Palace rules, arena rules, etc.) Any idea how I could do this?

Back