• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon StarterKit

Years
pmdlogo.png
Welcome to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon StarterKit thread!
pmdlogo.png
Information
Crazyninjaguy
Author
Crazyninjaguy
Team
Scripting Stages
Status
Demo released!
Releases
Well you might remember I started this project a while back, but due to my computer troubles, lost everything. I'm now a much better scripter, and I only started this last night, but have quite a few scripts done already. Well, this is what i have so far.

Information

This StarterKit for RPG Maker VX will provide you with the tools to make your very own Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for others to play. But don't just use what's in the kit, expand it!

One of the key features to this StarterKit is user configuration.
All of the scripts are almost fully customizeable for Non-Scripters, and it's easy to do so.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Releases

http://www.mediafire.com/?omgzozln2zo

Videos

None at the moment

Team

Crazyninjaguy: Everything

Credits

-modern algebra (Extra Movement Frames)
-OriginalWij (RMXP Resolution)
-BigEd781 (Window Cursor)
-~J.V~ (Thread layout)
-Crazyninjaguy (Everything else)

Final Note

Thanks for reading through the thread, and i hope you like what you see.
Hopefully you'll support this project as it progresses, and reap the rewards!

Also, i'm using all of the HGSS overworld pokemon until i make the charsets for all 493 Pokemon in mystery dungeon style.

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I love the CSS >_<
Also I don't see anything new about the project but it's still amazing.
I assume I'm still a beta tester :3?

Years
Sure if you want to be :)
Also, there's quite a lot of new stuff in regards to how it's scripted etc, and the fact that it's incredibly customizeable for people that can't script.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This is looking great. CSS looks great, and the graphics look great too! ^.^
If you need any help with this, let me know.

Years

For anyone who is interested, i'll be needing all the PMD characters in RMXP format if anyone would like to volunteer to do a couple?

It'd help the kit get released quicker :D

Years
Nah it's fine, all i need are charsets at the moment thanks :)

Quick update, Save/Load system is complete :D
Next up is the options screen.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Wait... werent you doing the Pokemon "Twilight" that i was complaining so much about?

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Honestly, he can not possibly finish one of them, unless he doesnt have a life,,,

He can do whatever he feels like. If he finishes them, he finishes them. Given the reputation for any game on this forum in that regard, it really doesn't matter that much.

Years
I can finish both easily, neither are hard but i just have to think about what i'm doing.

I only spend about 2-3 hours on a normal day making games anyway so uhm, yeah.

Progress is coming along nicely, i've started working on a different way to store game options other than game variables, and it works like a charm so far. A small demo isn't far off!

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
David, to be honest, if you script something on your own your more likely to see it through to the end, I believe this and Twilight qualify, and it's not a matter of if he finishes, it's when.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
David, to be honest, if you script something on your own your more likely to see it through to the end, I believe this and Twilight qualify, and it's not a matter of if he finishes, it's when.
Thats what you think, I know TONS of people (including me) that just don't get much done in one particular project and start on something else. One thing that helps is just focusing on 1 project, so just write EVERYTHING up before you start coding anything... And if you think I am not qualified to give advice, I am working on an autonomous robot engine in C++ and Java... And in the end, I am porting all the Java code into C++ (I have to use Java for now, since the microproccessor is Java based)

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Thats what you think, I know TONS of people (including me) that just don't get much done in one particular project and start on something else. One thing that helps is just focusing on 1 project, so just write EVERYTHING up before you start coding anything... And if you think I am not qualified to give advice, I am working on an autonomous robot engine in C++ and Java... And in the end, I am porting all the Java code into C++ (I have to use Java for now, since the microproccessor is Java based)

That's good for you. Now the fact that he is willing to do it means there's a chance for it to be done. Thats all that really matters here, so really it would probably be best if you just let him work so there is a greater chance he'll finish.

Years
I'm currently releasing a small testing demo to testers, so if that's all good, then just a little more work and i'll be ready to give it out publicly :)

Thanks for all the support so far!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2010
Oke, first of all awsome job on this starter kit!
I would love to help you out :D
I am currently working on a PMD game myself :D
If you need anything i'll help you out ;)
Thanks~^^
Check Signature for the link to my project :D

This is what i have so far:
-Persain's Bank (Store + Withdraw Poké)
-Kangaskhan Storage (Store + Withdraw Items)
-Gulpin's Fusion Shop ( This Is A New Version, It Doesn't Link Moves, It Fuses Moves :D)
-60+ Pokemon Sprites
-Starters Facesets + Emotions (Formated in VX.)
-The Battle System (This is exactly the PMD Battle System)
The only problem with the battle system is that it's Japanese...
So hard to configurate...

Last edited:
Back