• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Are you still in need for members? If so, I'm guessing that minorthreat is choosing who to recruit.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hello all! I'm here to make the last update for Pokemon Scarlet. Whoops! I mean the last update in THIS thread =P. lol

Houndoomed and I have both decided it would be best for Scarlet to have a new thread started by myself instead of this one started by Houndoomed...not that their's anything wrong with Houndoomed or anything, we're just thinking about ease of editing the first post and goodies like that! lol

So here is my first Scarlet update, and also this threads last (Sorta ironic if I do say so myself =D)

Here is the new battle layout!
NewBattleScreensw-watermark.png

And Here is the New Starting Town, RISEHOME TOWN

RisehomeTownMapw-watermark.png

*The white tiles to the right will be replaced with a shrine to the Dragon legends(Credits to Strelitzia for the idea!)*
*WARNING! Do NOT steal any tiles from this map, they are for Scarlet only! Action WILL be take to those who fail to heed this warning*

Now, there will be a decent gap between the closing of this thread and the opening of my thread(Atleast I think), so my advice to all of you is that while we are away from PC, we will still be active at pokemon scarlet (Link in my sig). So I would become a member there, and you will gain access to nice little updates while we are away from PC to tie you over until the new thread here is made.

I hope you all enjoy this mini-update, and I can't wait to show off more of Scarlet, after it gets completed that is..lol

Take care,
Minor

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
The graphics and layout of that town are really nice! Good job. ^_- One thing I'll note: the back sprite for Stipoldos looks a little peculiar. Lance's back sprite on the other hand is really sweet. : D

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Awesome new updates, Minor! The new battle layout is interesting, the buttons look pretty well-done. I would have still gone with the original D/P battle layout, but it's your choice. And like blueguy stated, the backsprite for Stipoldos is a little funky. :3

Keep up the great work! I can't wait for the next thread. :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm looking forward to the new thread. The battle system looks nice. Plain looking buttons but they seem to have their "own" style which is nice.
The town looks pretty standard but the tiles look well together.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
When is the last time I have posted in here..........

Well MinorThreat, you have been doing an amazing job on this game.
I still have the first demo, which is kinda good. But you have improved alot.

GOOD LUCK

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Did iridium and scarlet merge?
Ha sorry i must've missed it.
Awesome though, two games i really like.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Wow, filled with ideas! The Fakemon are actually looking good for a change! The only things i think you should consider are your maps. Try using a ROM Base; the FR/LG stock is too plain and boring in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Did iridium and scarlet merge?
Ha sorry i must've missed it.
Awesome though, two games i really like.

Nope, Minorthreat kept losing the Iridium data, and Houndoomed has had to quit game making, so Minorthreat took over Scarlet. Close enough, though ;)

Whoops.... the professor in my game is named maple. well, back to the drawing board. good game by the way.

Mine too; I don't think it matters if there are multiple professors with the same name. I don't think you need to change it.

Nice sprites and hack, love it

Wow, filled with ideas! The Fakemon are actually looking good for a change! The only things i think you should consider are your maps. Try using a ROM Base; the FR/LG stock is too plain and boring in my opinion.

Scarlet isn't a ROM hack; therefore, Minorthreat isn't using a ROM base. I don't think he's got around to changing the graphics; I know that he's an excellent tile spriter.

EDIT: Never mind, the graphics have been changed. Check out this post.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Not sure what that winky face was all about Wichu! :laugh:

Anyway, not much to post really. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about whats been going on lately. The staff of scarlet has been working very hard on rewriting the story, re developing characters, developing new characters, and working on the many graphical aspects of the game, including possibly replacing the fire starter. I encourage everyone who is interested to join the scarlet forums(Link in my sig) for the latest up to date information about Pokemon Scarlet. Also there is a poll there, where you can vote on the replacement of Aantorch. lol

I hope to have something to show off in the near future, but no promises. I just wanted to drop by and let you know that Scarlet was NOT dead.

Thank you all for your support, I hope to see some new faces at the Scarlet boards.

Sincerely,
Minorthreat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back