• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon League of Legends

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Was really nice to see this hack awhile ago and as has been stated by you the final game is coming quite soon. It feels like when your working hard on your hack you limit communication here and would be understandable if you need to focus on a hack and main priorities in life as constant bombardment of answering questions might deter a few hackers from certain amounts of progression. Keep up the good work your presentation for this hack was outstanding i have no idea what league of legends is and don't really care but for your game itself its fantastic how you re-invented a pokemon hack to intergrate a different kind of story line finesse.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Was really nice to see this hack awhile ago and as has been stated by you the final game is coming quite soon. It feels like when your working hard on your hack you limit communication here and would be understandable if you need to focus on a hack and main priorities in life as constant bombardment of answering questions might deter a few hackers from certain amounts of progression. Keep up the good work your presentation for this hack was outstanding i have no idea what league of legends is and don't really care but for your game itself its fantastic how you re-invented a pokemon hack to intergrate a different kind of story line finesse.

Thanks you, yes I haven't been posting much because I've had a ton of coursework to do for uni as well as studying so I've not had much time.

I have been working on polishing my hack up with bug fixes from the beta and I've added some new stuff too. Hopefully now I'm on holiday I can get it out ASAP.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Thanks you, yes I haven't been posting much because I've had a ton of coursework to do for uni as well as studying so I've not had much time.

I have been working on polishing my hack up with bug fixes from the beta and I've added some new stuff too. Hopefully now I'm on holiday I can get it out ASAP.

No need to rush in your own time no one elses, your hacks pretty much complete. And with all your other priorities even a holiday can seem like a chore. Appreciate the response ill leave you to it now lol ;)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2023
Well is one really great ideia hope you don't quit of this project.

C me

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
I haven't really made an update for a while so I thought I'd do one now.

Since the beta I've been working on implementing dolls and fixing a secret base bug which is done now. Most of the bugs found in the beta were minor things which was good. I fixed quite a few move effect bugs and the in battle status effect bug. Fixed a bug with the female surf sprite and some music glitches. All other bugs were just text based.

I remapped some places I didn't like and added a few maps and events because I felt they were needed for the plot. Another major thing is expanding the number of moves and with that including all the new Champions. I also updated the icons because they looked really bad before.

Doesn't sound like much but it's really hard to find time to work on this while being at uni. I feel that it's been polished enough to provide a pretty bug free experience.

So you're probably wondering why it's not out yet if it's complete. Well, there are a few major problems for me that I would really prefer were fixed before releasing my hack. I'll put them in order of imprtance.

Firstly, the learnset hack is a must or the Champions released after Reck'Sai will only know basic attacks. Of these problems this is the biggest limiting factor so I'll probably release my hack when I've fixed the learnsets. The good thing is I know there's a solution I just have to wait for it.

Status effects come next. All status effects are pretty op atm so it affects battles quite a bit. The player will use them to his/her advantage more than the AI and it's less of a factor than say type advantages or something, but it's still an issue. I've spent ages looking at how they work but I just don't know. So I'll let the problem stay if no one else can fix it for me.

Those 2 are the main ones because they affect a large number of Champions, I'd also rather get move effects working properly. Luckily a few ASMers have been really helpful in helping me fix a ton of move effect bugs which means almost every move works properly. The 2 main effects that are left are entry hazards and 'revive'.
Entry hazards have been implemented for FireRed and KDS was kind enought to give the link to the routines but damn it's so complex. If it was ported, the instructions are easy enough to understand, it would be fine. But trying to understand it enough to port it is just not possible for me to do alone. I already spent a few hours looking at a hex editor. I can't port it.
Less urgent but still important for the 3 Champions with the move effect is the 'revive' effect. It basically prevents you or an ally from fainting and then heals the target if it gets hit by an attack which would faint it. Kind of like endure and recover in one move. This should have been easier because it's just joining 2 move effects together but I still couldn't get it working. The effect is really strong utility which makes those Champions a lot weaker without it, especially Zilean.

What's left is weather. This only affects 2 Champions so it's even less important. I would prefer if weather set by your teammate didn't hurt anyone in yoru party. It only bugs me because Anivia is my second favourite Champion and her Glacial Storm is the key to her it, having it hurt allies makes her less usable. Nasus summoning a Sandstorm isn't that necessary for him so players can choose to not use it. I guess I can include sunlight preventing freezing, i.e stuns. Removes both of leonas stuns from working which is a key part of her kit. I guess I could remove her passive 'Drought' but summoning sunlight is part of who she is.

So yeah they're the big ones, minor annoyances like Gnar's evolution and the Pokedex incorrectly showing locations on the Worldmap can be ignored. I'll make a list of wild locations anyway and Gnar's evolution method is more of a gimick, I could just make him evolve at a certain level.

I'm really excited for you guys to play this and see what you think. A ton of hard work has been put into making it and I've spent a long time trying to fix every little issue. I hope you see why it cant be released now especially with exams coming up.

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Thanks for the update after completion any thing else in the works any other ideas or will you be focusing on other ventures for a while (ᗒᗨᗕ)

C me

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Thanks for the update after completion any thing else in the works any other ideas or will you be focusing on other ventures for a while (ᗒᗨᗕ)

It depends if you guys like my hack tbh. I have a ton of ideas for a sequel which continues the story and puts some other Champions in the spotlight as main characters. If people want it, I'll be free this summer and it shouldn't take anywhere near as long as this one did because I'll use this as a base so many things will be already done.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
I'm sure alot of people are going to love your work, i'm excited and i have not had a pokemon itch since christmas lol. Plus don't feel discouraged if some people don't like it as you can't please everyone and knowing what you know you can always try another approach remember what you said you have many ideas see where they take you o(^▽^)o

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 6, 2020
Im so excited for this game! I was just wondering is champions like poppy and taric who were reworked have their reworked versions in the game or their prerework versions?

C me

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Im so excited for this game! I was just wondering is champions like poppy and taric who were reworked have their reworked versions in the game or their prerework versions?

This is actually a very good question.

I started working on this hack around the time Kalista was released and I did all the moves around Bards release date so as you'd imagine I've had to change some moves t their reworked version. But since the rework is usually a lot more complicated than the original it makes many of the reworked moves unfeasible in a Pokemon game. Whether I use the reworked version or the older version depends on if it has any benefit to the Champion in my hack. Sometimes it's better to use the older version because the moves make sense in a Pokemon game.

I'll go through a list of Champions that have had reworks since I did the moves and I'll explain why I chose to use their reworked version or their older version.

Tristana
Spoiler:

Zilean
Spoiler:

Veigar
Spoiler:

Ryze
Spoiler:

Ashe
Spoiler:

Gangplank
Spoiler:

Miss Fortune
Spoiler:

Fiora
Spoiler:

Juggernauts
Spoiler:

Poppy
Spoiler:

Shen
Spoiler:

Taric
Spoiler:

I've only mentioned gameplay updates, some Champions have their new visual updates and all Champions have updated icons. You'll probably all say the sprites are bad anyway so if I'm going to do a big visual update in the future with new sprites for every Champion, I would use the new version.

Hope that answers your question!

Last edited:

C me

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021

Well since you asked for one here we go:

Thanks to Gamer2020 all Champions can now learn their moves which means every Champion released so far in LoL is in this and working fine. I updated some Trainers to make them use the newer Champions.

I've updated the icons again (4th version), now they look clearer because they're bigger but not so big that they overlap. Updated the first post with the new screenshot.

Fixed some minor bugs that I can't even remember. Waiting for my friend to finish beta testing so I can fix the bugs he finds.

There are just move effect bugs that I need to fix now and the big problem of status effects. I've already asked people that have helped me before but they are busy with other things and it always feels super awkward to ask them anyway. When (if) the status effects are fixed, I'll spend some time on pvp testing for balancing, fix bugs I may find and then release it.

As I said before I can't afford to spend days trying to solve difficult things because of exams so all I can do are minor fixes and waiting.

I know your excited to play this, I'm excited to release this too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 10, 2017
I've only played rom hacks for the solo aspect so pardon my ignorance, but is there a way (or is there going to be a way) to battle friends or other people in this game. I don't know how you would go about setting up the connection gameplay between other emulators to fight your friend but is it possible at all?

I know this is a general question but I'm asking here because I'm more directing it towards this game in general. If you can battle between other emulators will this game also support it / how would you go about doing so?

C me

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
I've only played rom hacks for the solo aspect so pardon my ignorance, but is there a way (or is there going to be a way) to battle friends or other people in this game. I don't know how you would go about setting up the connection gameplay between other emulators to fight your friend but is it possible at all?

I know this is a general question but I'm asking here because I'm more directing it towards this game in general. If you can battle between other emulators will this game also support it / how would you go about doing so?

Yes multiplayer does work, I've tested it myself with 2 games open at once. I'm still going to properly test it with friends. You'll need vba link with wireless capabilties and then you can battle anyone worldwide. So far I only know that vba link can do it, I'm not sure about other emulators. There are tutorials online about how to battle online, it works just the same.

Are you still active? Just asking. This game look unique. :)

Thank you, yes I am still active it's just exams are coming up so I can't afford to spend hours trying to fix bugs. Elitist don't care enough to help which is understandable so I literally have to spend hours looking at random numbers hoping to make some sense of them.

Story and features wise it's been complete for ages, just sitting in my laptop. I've even done post game stuff. I really want to fix these move effect bugs to provide the best possible experience.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Never has a game allowed me to build a harem of Ahris. Thank you, based C me

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 7, 2016
ooooo yeeeee, i think for legendaries azir and aurelion make sense :3

Back