• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bidoof's Beginner Mafia: An Intro Game [Mafia Wins!]

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
So....your a Nihilist?.about... .mafia?. Don't forget this is a begginer game... (someone like me doesn't understand wut u said)

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Don't know how deep you're into this, so I'll explain from the beginning:
1) Every night the cop can target a player and learn their alignment.
2) Since they are the only one who knows that information, they need a way of sharing it so they can help the villagers.
3) They can go public and claim their reads, but the mafia will target them immediately so they can prevent them from conducting more investigations.
4) Or they can play normally and hint at their investigation results in his reads. That way, we can use their posts as evidence if they flip.
5) Desi's suggestion is more of mix of those two methods. Posting hypothetical reads that indicate Night O's investigation results and outing if they found a member of the scum team.

Years
I think majority is going to be against the strat...so we can only rely on cop to get good reads and use his NA wisely.
It's day 1 so it's no use getting aggressive since everyone is testing water. But if people share their thoughts it'll be good.

Years
Honestly even if majority is for that strat I'm not doing it. It's blatantly unfair to the mafia side. Plus side though, Desi is probably inno if they suggested it.

Years
At the same time, we could have a mafia member claiming to be a cop. It has happened before. Day Ones usually are pretty rough, but eventually what helps the town is a Day One lynch anyway. I'll be watching the posts and see if I could even come up with anything to vote on. More votes tend to happen near the end of the 48h period because people, like myself, wait to see how the discussions take place before voting. Sometimes a person lets slip something they shouldn't have said, or they say something that sounds suspicious. I don't know right now since it's early for me to study every post people have made so far. But doing a no one vote for Day 1 is only going to ensure the mafia continues to control the game. It is also very likely that we vote someone that is town, but sometimes we gain suspects from such lynches. This game gets much more involved in strategy after a day or two.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
It'd be one hell of a gamethrow if he wasn't. Not expecting any 4D chess plays in this game, so I've got a pretty tight town read on him.

As for the vote, think I could get behind a NL for now. N0's a pain in the ass, the scum team only has two players, and getting proper reads on newbies is a lot harder than it seems. Throw in the jester, and we're in for a bad ride. If the cop just continues to gather reads, then we'll have a much better edge. Desi was correct in that regard.

impulse~

it's an advanced strat but I get it...sort of. I think it's something that is done with everyone tho

not sure why but it looks like we depend on the cop?

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
More or less. We can get by with deductions when more people start putting their thoughts out there but for now, it's our only info role and we should take advantage of it.

Tails made a good point, so I'll amend my position on voting. I'm open to a no lynch as long as there isn't a strong case by phase end. e.g. If it comes down to something like lynching an inactive or a weak bandwagon, I wouldn't risk it. Might not be relevant yet, but that's my stance.

Years
what i miss, school made me unable to talk here.

You can always just read the posts in the thread to catch up on what has been said. Another player had suggested a way for the cop to reveal some information without making it obvious that they are the cop. Day phases are 48 hours, so a vote does not have to be made right now, but I would make a vote before you go to bed tomorrow, even if it is a no one vote. In some games players that do not make votes two days in a row can get removed from the game, but how that is handled is by the creator of the game, in this case, Bidoof FTW.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Alright, give me a sec to read the prior posts and see what's going on in this here game

Back