• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Wow the new screenshots are really nice :) love when there is lots of pokemon on the maps.

Years
I just wanted to make a post here to show that I'm on PokéCommunity too, haha! I'm glad to see that my music is appreciated by so many! If you want to give me feedback on the music then feel free to do so, the music isn't written in stone so I may still make improvements and so on, which is why I value constructive feedback so much ;)

As for Pokémon Garnet... all of the screens look beautiful, and I simply cannot wait to see how it'll turn out. The two themes I've composed so far were pretty much inspired by those screenshots! It's easy to be make great themes when all the work the rest of the team does is so awesome :D

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
The slope in the first screen looks odd... The sharp edges look out of place next to the softness of the other tiles.

Also, unless you make a script to fix it, when you walk up the slope your character will still walk directly to the right, ruining the immersion.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
The slope in the first screen looks odd... The sharp edges look out of place next to the softness of the other tiles.

Also, unless you make a script to fix it, when you walk up the slope your character will still walk directly to the right, ruining the immersion.

To be honest your right. I thought it was a ramp when I first saw it... Aren't slopes more round looking, not going just straight up?

Years

To be honest your right. I thought it was a ramp when I first saw it... Aren't slopes more round looking, not going just straight up?

Actually i wil fix that with a script :P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Some updates today!
afternoon_pastoral_wit_by_hydrargirium-d4r1990.png
ballad_of_flying_sheeps_by_hydrargirium-d4r9nww.png

Those are some "calm screenies" (i noticed i tend to post mostly "impressive" places and ruins... XD) from Route 5 and Aeol Valley (the second one has been taken from a piece of the intro i'm working on, rather than the normal visit of the place).

And also, a piece of music from our composer Tobinus: this is the main theme of Pokémon Garnet. It's mainly a minor sale version of the main theme (therefore the "important, serious" sound) with interesting rythm and style twists (especially at the end). Enojoy!

I just wanted to make a post here to show that I'm on PokéCommunity too, haha! I'm glad to see that my music is appreciated by so many! If you want to give me feedback on the music then feel free to do so, the music isn't written in stone so I may still make improvements and so on, which is why I value constructive feedback so much ;)

As for Pokémon Garnet... all of the screens look beautiful, and I simply cannot wait to see how it'll turn out. The two themes I've composed so far were pretty much inspired by those screenshots! It's easy to be make great themes when all the work the rest of the team does is so awesome :D

I'll comment on some other aspects of the game later (particularly the new Fakemon), but the screens above are beautiful.

Awesome job with the music compositions, Tobinus! The theme for Shadefern Forest is simply wonderful; I love the sense of tranquility and quietness that it exudes. :cer_nod: And I agree with others who have commented; it does sound like something from The Legend of Zelda series, along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and/or Golden Sun. I was a bit surprised when I first found out that the video automatically loops/looped by itself. :cer_laugh:

As for Pokemon Garnet's title theme (Version 1) that was posted, that was an excellent composition! The part between 1:29 and 1:34 was very awesome; I kind of wish it was slightly extended (while preserving the parts before and after it) in order to possibly give the ending a more "complete feel". Also, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 0:00-0:12 part of the classic Pokemon theme (this video containing the tune I'm referencing) and then lead into the title theme for Garnet Version. As an example, the opening for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions manages to slightly remix that part I'm referencing from 0:35-0:50, and still has its own "independent" theme starting at 0:51 onwards.
Finally, the ending of Garnet's title theme kind of reminds me of a triumphant seafaring voyage theme as well as RuneScape music for some reason. XD Again, stellar work on the musical pieces.

And to show my appreciation for the tracks (and in the hope that other visitors can also hear their awesomeness); I've added entries for Garnet Version's "Title Theme (version 1)" and "Shadefern Forest" to the Crowning Music of Awesome page for Pokemon music on TVTropes (they can be seen in the "Fan Games/ROM Hacks" section of the page near the bottom). ^_^

Keep up the great work with the terrific visuals and the music for Garnet Version!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
I love this videogame. I think is better than pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Seriously? Have you even read the threads? Its a work in process? A demos coming out in may.

Years
The graphics of this game are unbelievable and the fakemon fit in perfectly. The only (slight) criticism I could have of this game so far is that some of the screenshots look a little crowded.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
I like the title music for the game a lot. It has a Zelda feeling to it, Which is never a bad thing. Ever.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
incredible

wow, guys.. all these games here are "fan creations" ?? I can't believe it, looks so professional like some Sony or Nintendo company developed it...

I am making a flash game "Pokemon Tower Defence: Kanto" (very different from the current distributed old flash game with same name... so I had to add 'Kanto' to customize the used name..) and want to ask other developers how they're monetizing their games? or is this just a fan creation, for fun?

This one for example - took probably hundreds of hours to develop. Is it made just for fun? and will be freely released and available?

My flash game (I developed 5-6 small kids games last year, published on mochigames) will be promoting my flash arcade website a little, and bring more players to the website. But the main reason is to release a normal good looking tower defence game with pokemons :) .

And I'm thinking, all others who make these RPG games (x10 times longer to develop than a flash game I think) - how do they benefit from it?

Thanks.

Years
wow, guys.. all these games here are "fan creations" ?? I can't believe it, looks so professional like some Sony or Nintendo company developed it...

I am making a flash game "Pokemon Tower Defence: Kanto" (very different from the current distributed old flash game with same name... so I had to add 'Kanto' to customize the used name..) and want to ask other developers how they're monetizing their games? or is this just a fan creation, for fun?

This one for example - took probably hundreds of hours to develop. Is it made just for fun? and will be freely released and available?

My flash game (I developed 5-6 small kids games last year, published on mochigames) will be promoting my flash arcade website a little, and bring more players to the website. But the main reason is to release a normal good looking tower defence game with pokemons :) .

And I'm thinking, all others who make these RPG games (x10 times longer to develop than a flash game I think) - how do they benefit from it?

Thanks.

I really feel like saying this again... You already made two posts speaking of free distribution. Every game in pokecommnunity is free, made from fans to fans. Also, making money with Pokémon's copyrighted content is a crime, so even if everybody would forget about the FAN thing (that means, doing this only for fun), this would still have to be free.

The only exception is "Pokemon monster style MMORPG", they changed the pokeballs into hexagonal ugly boxes named "monster boxes" and thy have copyrights... Same with every move, item and so.

Hope i answered your question. And please stop insinuating people they should get any profit from fan-game developement, this is not a bussiness. Pretending to make money is the difference between pokemon fans and bussiness men. You won't have any answers about "monetizing games" here.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Some updates today!
afternoon_pastoral_wit_by_hydrargirium-d4r1990.png
ballad_of_flying_sheeps_by_hydrargirium-d4r9nww.png

Those are some "calm screenies" (i noticed i tend to post mostly "impressive" places and ruins... XD) from Route 5 and Aeol Valley (the second one has been taken from a piece of the intro i'm working on, rather than the normal visit of the place).
The first screen is amazing! I'm loving the tiles and the OWs. However, I feel that the shading on the slope is a bit off, but still.
For the second screen, it's brilliant to say the least. I absolutely adore the colors! Nice going. The only thing I feel is off is the fan of the windmill. It seems over-pixelated and too monochromatic. I suppose in this particular case, a darker border would do, although I technically hate dark outlined tiles.
And also, a piece of music from our composer Tobinus: this is the main theme of Pokémon Garnet. It's mainly a minor sale version of the main theme (therefore the "important, serious" sound) with interesting rythm and style twists (especially at the end). Enojoy!
This is BRILLIANT! Like I said before, the themes and music in Garnet were my only concern. I have no more concerns now :D Simply beautiful, no changes whatsoever are needed :)

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen today
This game....Its looks freaking brilliant! In the same time i feel like a sad panda because i can't play this on my iPod...Oh well it still looks pretty sick for the computer even better looking the pokemon Black and white.

Years
Awesome job with the music compositions, Tobinus! The theme for Shadefern Forest is simply wonderful; I love the sense of tranquility and quietness that it exudes. :cer_nod: And I agree with others who have commented; it does sound like something from The Legend of Zelda series, along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and/or Golden Sun. I was a bit surprised when I first found out that the video automatically loops/looped by itself. :cer_laugh:

That's actually a YouTube "bug" - if you put a pause annotation at the end of a video, it will loop. It happened by chance for me :P
As for your comments, thank you very much! I really like Zelda and PMD, so I may very well have been influenced by them. The beautiness of the LoZ music and the "catchiness" of the PMD music fascinates me.

As for Pokemon Garnet's title theme (Version 1) that was posted, that was an excellent composition! The part between 1:29 and 1:34 was very awesome; I kind of wish it was slightly extended (while preserving the parts before and after it) in order to possibly give the ending a more "complete feel". Also, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 0:00-0:12 part of the classic Pokemon theme (this video containing the tune I'm referencing) and then lead into the title theme for Garnet Version. As an example, the opening for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions manages to slightly remix that part I'm referencing from 0:35-0:50, and still has its own "independent" theme starting at 0:51 onwards.
Finally, the ending of Garnet's title theme kind of reminds me of a triumphant seafaring voyage theme as well as RuneScape music for some reason. XD Again, stellar work on the musical pieces.
I will do an experiment and see what it sounds like if I (most likely) double the length of the part you mention. As for your suggestion about the "Pokémon Intro Battle" theme.. I view the Title Theme and the Opening Theme as two different themes. I therefore did not include that piece of music, since I probably will use it for the opening (I hope) ;) Whenever I make the opening theme, I may take another look at the title theme, so that it goes hand-in-hand with the opening.

And to show my appreciation for the tracks (and in the hope that other visitors can also hear their awesomeness); I've added entries for Garnet Version's "Title Theme (version 1)" and "Shadefern Forest" to the Crowning Music of Awesome page for Pokemon music on TVTropes (they can be seen in the "Fan Games/ROM Hacks" section of the page near the bottom). ^_^

Keep up the great work with the terrific visuals and the music for Garnet Version!
Haha, thank you so much again! I didn't know about that page, but seeing my name on the list feels... special! xD

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
Years
This music is stunning me! *hits play 9000000000x more times* Love the screenshots too! And the flowers look a bit squished in.... D:

BUT!!?!? The game is going great! Keep up the good work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back