• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Event only?

Years
Am I the only one who thought it was kind of annoying how many event only pokemon there were in these games? Its not necessarily a bad thing, its just because I really wanted pokemon like Darkrai or Shaymin. Of course, the event only pokemon were like that because they're supposed to be rare and that. I get how it works. I guess I'm just a bit upset cause I could never get Manaphy or Shaymin. But I guess the more exclusive they are the more you want them. If they do the Sinnoh remakes, then I hope some of the mythicals are a bit more obtainable.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
What's the void glitch? And why have I never heard of it before??

basically it's an exploit of ds games not being able to load things fast enough
example
Spoiler:

for darkrai
Spoiler:

for shaymin
Spoiler:

for arceus
Spoiler:

to the original question though, yeah event mons are always a pain in the butt and annoying but game freak aren't changing that any time soon

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
You may have heard it called the tweaking glitch before, but basically, there was a bug in loading maps in DP and it meant that in certain situations maps had a chance not to load, allowing you to go into the black void that is outside maps and access places you're not supposed to be able to get to. Easiest way to get into the void was in the early Japanese version of DP by surfing onto the door in the elite four's rooms and then simply being able to walk into the darkness, but when people discovered the issues with map loading it became possible to do it in the English versions as well.

Years
If only the glitch still existed in Platinum; I would've loved to catch Darkrai/Cresselia/Shaymin on my Plat copy. ;_;

I might be wrong, but wasn't Cresselia available in game? it was a roaming legendary wasn't it?
I haven't played Platinum in a while so I can't really remember but I thought it was?
But yeah lol I remember looking up how to get Darkrai and Shaymin on Platinum for so long, but I couldn't find a way :(.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I don't even remember anymore; it's been a while since I've played Platinum myself and even longer since I've actually gotten a chance to encounter Cresselia so I've always thought it was event only. D:

Cresselia is available in the game, I think you have to have beaten the Elite Four first before you can activate its' "event" in Canalave City. Darkrai is event-only, which is weird when they're a pair.

Also I think you can tweak in Platinum as well, certainly when you play the games it feels like they didn't solve all the issues until HeartGold / SoulSilver.

Years
I spoke about this in the legendary post but I love pretty much all of the legendary Pokemon in Sinnoh and was pretty upset that I couldn't get a lot of them :(

Back