• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
I just gotta say... This hack is one of the most awesome hacks I've ever seen!^^ I git hooked by the stroy in the first minutes of gameplay!^^ In every town I really asked myself what will happen to Id next and I was always even more hooked in when a important event (dream) happened!^^ I also felt quite uneasy or sometimes a little scared in the sewers everytime I read the things the guys were saying (depends on what they said, the guy that always said something about Pay Day scared me a bit)...^^ And the ending is soo epic, I can't wait for the next beta release (hope it'll be earlier than you said...^^)

And the new OWs: The male one is great, he suits to the story with his look and in a special way, he looks pretty cool!^^ I just think that the female hero looks too male... Maybe longer hair and a more female outfit, and it'll be alright!^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
There's a path between two houses near the first guard (The path's behind a small blue-roofed one I think)

Anyways, nice work on this. Normally, I get bored of 3rd gen hacks pretty quickly, but this has me hooked.

Thanks but i just figured that out a day after my post on here..lol. Also i wanted to say the the demo was the best i seen yet out there and i like how it ended.

VGAura you put hard work and effort in this demo. I wish you the best for the next one. Keep it up with the good work and thanks for letting me play your ideas and skills.

Years
Those overworld sprites are nice. I can't really tell from my mobile screen, but if they look stiff when they walk, make sure the stepping frames are one pixel lower than the stationary frames. That makes their heads bob while walking, which may be your problem..
Although on closer inspection (again, on my small screen) you appear to have done that. I don't know, just insert them and when people see them animated for themselves, you'll get more accurate feedback. I wouldn't worry too much, they seem fine to me.
As for the trainer sprites, I like Female Id, don't touch her:D Male Id.. Make him a bit more blue rather than that gray/black. (don't even redo the sprite, just do a palette change). It should be fine, then.
I actually remember playing this demo before, I wasn't sure. It was really great. I found it a tiny bit annoying that everytime you met the person you were looking for, you'd have to keep going, but it wasn't that bad, and I'm lazy, so that's the only thing I'd say against it, but don't pay it any heed. Keep going the way you're going. It's no surprise to me that this is in the Showcase. Best of luck :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I was in such a good mood yesterday with the Gen V reveal and all, I've decided to revamp the female protagonist sprite.

I just got this done and I'm actually satisfied with the results this time.

Capture.png

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I was in such a good mood yesterday with the Gen V reveal and all, I've decided to revamp the female protagonist sprite.

Capture.png

Looks pretty cute. The red hair looks incredibly nice.
Oh, and by the way, I'm gonna download this now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021

Capture.png
Me too.
And the sprite looks great!
Good work on it.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I'm liking the way this hack is very story-oriented and actually has an original story rather as opposed to hacks which just throw you against "an evil team the wants to capture a legendary". Well done, those screenshots really are very appealing. Your map layouts are terrific!

I just want to point out that choosing Seedot gives you an advantage above the two other starters. Dark is immune tp psychic, not just resistant.

Keep it up!

Lati-Fan95

Years
Hey, you managed to look her more female without losing this special feeling about her!^^ She looks pretty good now, nothing to say against her!^^ Any other things you've done so far (I don't wanna be annoying or something but I even played through it a 2nd time because it's so epic and I also looked at all the maps after you played through the demo and right now, I'm even more excited about this, I'm even so far that I'm grinding to pwn the grass gym leader you put into Silvertone!^^)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
I am hooked. I am ****ing HOOKED. <3

During the third rival battle, it hit me. You set up a completely new starter type triangle. Dark->Psychic->Fighting
I'm impressed. Never would have thought of that.
Also, you win instant bonus points for having Ralts as a starter.

If there is any way I can help, any at all, just ask. I want to see this completed as fast as possible (without sacrificing quality of course).

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
What you've done with this is amazing. Never before have I been so captivated by the story to a Pokemon hack, or any Pokemon game at all. You've done a great job with that, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
I just got 2 words for this hack.... 100% awesomeness.

Can't wait till rest are up.

Lati-Fan95

Years
SonicBlazePlatinum said:
I like the player character sprites. The helmet is cool also. Where do you deliver the Lava Cake?

Well, remember that guy that ran into you when you entered the Lighthouse? The one that forgot to buy a cake and a present for his kid!^^ Give him the cake!^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
great game and very original
i did found a grammar glitch
it's when you have the dream about your mom she said something about your sister and here being worried
anyway don't remember the words but you should fix it

Scarex

Beautyfool.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Well, the hack is not bad

Although I really like that do not change the graphics on Fire Red, no, it's like losing style do you recommend for a more proper, moreover, is well ^ ^.

Good luck with the hack

Greetz!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
great game and very original
i did found a grammar glitch
it's when you have the dream about your mom she said something about your sister and here being worried
anyway don't remember the words but you should fix it

Actually, there's more.

I'll show you a list of it. Don't take me wrong though, I just wanted to
improve this Hack.

Spoiler:

Apart from the 30 grammar mistakes, this Hack's pretty
cool and original. And I have a question.
Will you make OWs for the major people?
Like Kaius, Aster, the mysterious girl, etc.?
I hope you do, because that will make the Hack better.

Back