• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Hello there, fellow Pokecommunity members! Welcome to the LoZ fan club!

The Legend of Zelda has been around since the late 80's, the first game created for the Famicom Disk System. The game series was a worldwide hit, and even now there is an immense fanbase.
Since the first game, there have been 18 main series LoZ games released, the most popular game known as The LoZ Ocarina of Time.

If you have an obsession with LoZ, this is a club for you!

Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

Members
Spoiler:

Discussion topics:

What is your favorite character, and why?
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.)
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Username: Kurui
Favorite LoZ game: Mask of Majula, Link to the Past
Triforce Section: I like the Triforce of Wisdom <3

Majula and Zant. I like their personalities because they're both serious/sinister and immature at the same time. I prefer Majula though overall. Majula also has my favourite theme in the Zelda series.

ALSO BENNNNN
if he counts. I shouldn't have done that.

I don't have a favourite.

Tatl or Epona.

Last edited:

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Username: -Grayscale-
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask babyyy
Triforce Section: Power

Vaati and Skull Kid. Vaati because he's overall a snobbish, evil sorcerer and I love evil characters, and Skull Kid because of all the details they put into him. Both of them just look really awesome in design, too.

Huh... not sure. I guess the Ocarina.

Midna is mah gurl <3

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Lol, I like the ocarina, too. I actually have a model of the ocarina of time that I can play a few songs on. :)

Why is everyone's favorite Majora's mask? I personally like Skyward Sword (Probably because that's the only LoZ game I've beat as of now.) Lol. I'm so pathetic.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I find the story and characters and gameplay more refreshing and non-boring in MoM. It's almost very......dark? Gothicy? The rest are just kind of more adventure/fantasy for me. The plot in MoM is also more original than the overly done "A guy wants to rule the place" bit we see almost in every other Zelda series game. I like Ganondorf and all but he's just rather cliche.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Lol, I like the ocarina, too. I actually have a model of the ocarina of time that I can play a few songs on. :)

Why is everyone's favorite Majora's mask? I personally like Skyward Sword (Probably because that's the only LoZ game I've beat as of now.) Lol. I'm so pathetic.

Most people like Majora's Mask for the dark plot it has. There's a lot of really creepy things in that game. I mean, Link wears the masks of dead people. I think that's pretty cool lmao, but I just really like darker games.
Skyward Sword is my second favorite. I love the dungeons and flying <3 Plus yeah, the dungeons are easy enough for me to do on my own thank goodness

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Which one is Skyward Swords? If It's newer, I probably haven't played it. I'm mostly an old(er) school gamer. They just don't make games like they used to nowadays XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you have an obsession with LoZ, this is a club for you!

I'm so obsessed right now, it's not even funny. v_v

Username: Sydian
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time
Triforce Section: Wisdom...I'm apparently wise. lol

This is actually kind of hard, considering there are so many. As far as minor characters go, I think I'll go with the shaman in Twilight Princess. I don't remember his name, but he's my favorite because I call him Jesus Kravitz. That's not even a canon reason. As for main characters, I'm going to be totally and completely generic and say Link. BUT WHICH LINK!? I totally love Skyward Sword Link. I haven't played the game, but this Link seems to have some more emotion in him than any other Link from any other game. I'm a huge OoT Young Link fan too. Cause. idk.

Probably the Ocarina, because I remember thinking it was so unusual, and as more Zelda games came out, I realized how unusual it was compared to, say, flutes, a harp, wooden pipe thingies, the freaking grass...yeah. lol

Who is your favorite partner?
Midna, hands down. She had the most character out of any partner imo. I like Tatl too, even though I'm not a huge Majora's Mask fan.

Also, for anyone interested, I'm doing an RNG project in Pokemon Black that relates to Zelda. Once it's finished, I'll post it, or link to where I post it. It's probably not going to fit into canon very well for all you Zelda buffs here, but I tried my best to fit the stories in as well as I could. But you'll see when it's done. :)

edit: RENADO!

Which one is Skyward Swords? If It's newer, I probably haven't played it. I'm mostly an old(er) school gamer. They just don't make games like they used to nowadays XD

It's the latest one for the Wii, so that's why you haven't played it I'm sure. I haven't played it either. I've just been watching an LP of the game and haven't found my selling point till just recently, and it's far into the game and a major plot point. I won't say what, but I am kind of disappointed it took me that long to get interested in it. The flying looks boring. At least sailing in Wind Waker was nice because you had a different island in each square. I'm gonna go ramble to someone else now lol.

Last edited:

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
I love the flying. :) It makes me want a loftwing.
I've loved SS from the beginning. In fact, I just came back from playing it. LOL. My favorite part is running around with my sword in the air.
And Ghirahim.
OH GHIRAHIM.
I think I have a fangirl crush on him. XD JK

Anyways, I was thinking about making a LoZ RPG. Would any of you be interested in that?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The flying just looks so boring and tedious, idk. I mean, I'll probably get Skyward Sword in due time. That beginning tutorial is treacherous though. Soooo long.

Anyway, as of lately, I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and right now I'm really mad at myself cause I apparently missed a Heart Piece. I can only think of two more I need and don't know where I possibly missed one. So that's bugging me. A lot. :( And I was playing Twilight Princess, but I'm not at my house now so I'll get back to that when I get home. Getting ready for Lakebed Temple. Trying to get into Majora's Mask by watching videos, but there's no way I can beat this game without a guide. lol

OH AND I have a Link plushie! It's Phantom Hourglass Link, which is fine and dandy cause it's Link, but I don't like the DS Zelda titles really. But a plushie is a plushie.

As for the RP, you mean here on PC? I doubt I'd do it myself. I'm not big into RP. Besides, what fun is RPing a temple when you can be Link himself and go do the temple in the game? ;) kekekeke.

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Yeah, it's a bit annoying, especially if you're replaying it. However, it comes in handy if you haven't played it before. Take it from me, its not easy to get the hang of.

Lol, I'm stuck on Ocarina of Time too. My save files have a nasty habit of deleting themselves, so when I got to the shadow temple, I had to restart. As of now, I'm at dodongo's cavern, which is annoying the crap out of me. I've already had to buy 2 deku shields. :( But, good luck with the lakebed temple! :D

You have a fluffy Link?
:D :D :D :D :D :D
YUSSS
I've always wanted to have a room full of plushie Link's and just dive into it. So fun!~

Too bad I don't have one of my own....

Yes, you has many good points. I don't know many in this club that RP.
Anywhoes, it's easier to just pick up a game and play LoZ. :)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I would like to sign up~!

Username: Kotowari
Favorite LoZ game: Twilight Princess (closely followed by Skyward Sword)
Triforce Section: The Link fangirl in me is screaming Courage, but Wisdom would suit me fine as well.~ Asign me whatever golden triangle you have left. : >

Triforce.gif

My favourite character is Link, because I'm unoriginal. BT That aside though, I just like the green-clad hero. My favourite Link is Twilight Princess Link. I love his design and the fact that he can change into a Wolf. Telma once said that his eyes resembled that of a Feral Beast. She was right.
My second favourite Link is the Skyward Sword Link. He's just so adorkable. |D;

Besides the Link, I could put up Dark Link (although his character is more fanon than canon), Midna, Zelda (SS).

The Ocarina. I loved how you could play very nice songs with very little notes.
Some of the songs form Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are really something.

Midna. Hands down. She's just a great character. She has a wonderful personality, whith a full background story (unlike most of the others who're just kinda there to help Link). I'm also somewhat of a TwiLinkxMidna fan. I say somewhat, because I'm pro, but not an active shipper. |3 I kinda she returns, but I'll be alright if she doesn't.

I also found Navi, the King of Red Lions and Fi to be worthy to be remembered. I'm not far enough in Majora's Mask yet to form my oppinion on Tatl...and I haven't played any of the DS games yet. I was kind of relieved they changed Navi's "Hey! Listen!" to Tatl's /tjingle/, but I'm not one of the Navi haters. |3

@Jacinth: Oh, gosh, Dodongo's Cavern. I remember on my last playthrough of Ocarina of Time MQ (NGC) that I constantly had to return to the Deku Shrub selling them... to the point where it got annoying.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Why do y'all have Deku Shields in Dodongo's Cavern? You could buy a Hylian Shield in Castle Town. :( And I think the guard on Death Mountain Trail gives you a discount on a shield if you bring him a Keaton Mask. Plus I think you can find a Hylian Shield in a chest in the Graveyard. I just remember never having the "your shield is gone!" problem in there haha.

I also found Navi, the King of Red Lions and Fi to be worthy to be remembered. I'm not far enough in Majora's Mask yet to form my oppinion on Tatl...and I haven't played any of the DS games yet. I was kind of relieved they changed Navi's "Hey! Listen!" to Tatl's /tjingle/, but I'm not one of the Navi haters. |3

I actually like Navi. I had a fun time in 8th grade making comics that starred her, Tatl, and Tael. And even an awesome OoT comic, though it only featured the child dungeons at the beginning of the game. Reading it now, I got a lot of things in the story wrong and missed some key points, but oh well. I LOVE BOATY!! Because you can sail in him and sing Come Sail Away! But Fi is annoying...she just seems so robotic and emotionless. It really bothers me. "Megaman Megaman!!" for any NCS fans in here, haha. I love her design though, so I'll give her that.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Why do y'all have Deku Shields in Dodongo's Cavern? You could buy a Hylian Shield in Castle Town. :( And I think the guard on Death Mountain Trail gives you a discount on a shield if you bring him a Keaton Mask. Plus I think you can find a Hylian Shield in a chest in the Graveyard. I just remember never having the "your shield is gone!" problem in there haha.

Basically because the Hylian Shield is hard to use as a counter for Deku Shrub merchants and other thingies that shoot at you. I vaguely remember just wanting to finish the game with a complete inventory. But the former is also true.

I actually like Navi. I had a fun time in 8th grade making comics that starred her, Tatl, and Tael. And even an awesome OoT comic, though it only featured the child dungeons at the beginning of the game. Reading it now, I got a lot of things in the story wrong and missed some key points, but oh well. I LOVE BOATY!! Because you can sail in him and sing Come Sail Away! But Fi is annoying...she just seems so robotic and emotionless. It really bothers me. "Megaman Megaman!!" for any NCS fans in here, haha. I love her design though, so I'll give her that.

Don't get me wrong, I adore her. Reading that she's the most mentioned in the "Most hated videogame character" thread kind of makes me sad. I've seen a comic somewhere where they showed where Link would be without her. Clearly the answer is "nowhere". |D
Haha, yes. |D I also love how pressing the King of Red Lions is: "HURRY UP BEFORE GANONDORF REALISES WE'RE UP TO SOMETHING!"
"Oh, it seems that this dreadful cursed night will not end soon, no need to hurry, we got all the time in the world"
"NOW HURRY TO SAVE YOUR SISTER! AND THE WORLD!"
Link: "...." *gets nearly killed by Ganondorf*

I like Fi mainly for the scenes where she dances as Link plays the harp. Her robotic attitude didn't really bother me that much, as she states herself she's not very emotional. Her dry way of talking kind of amused me, in fact.

"Master, your batteries are nearly depleted."
"My what?"

But then again I see room for a more emotional Sword Spirit. And her singing animation was too stiff!
I still found the Fi's Goodbye to be a sad one, though. : < Sometimes I wonder if Link will ever get to keep one of his traveling companions.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I skipped the Scrubs when I saw them, or just switched my shield. I just have to play that game a certain way, haha. Have to have this that and this before I go off to wherever. Never cared about Skulltulas though. By the time you have them all, you don't really need that reward. lol

NAVI GOING AWAY MAKES ME SAD. :( :( :( In Wind Waker though, I was just like "...I've been riding in the king? ...Ummm..."

Fi has dance skills ya. Her mouth is SCARY when she sings though. The LPer I was watching was all "OMG HER MOUTH IS SCARY LOOK AT THAT." And I saw the battiery thing and thought that was funny. Way to break the fourth wall. ;)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I wasn't too fond of the Hylian shield while playing as a child. I didn't like the limited movement while defending. I do admit that it was pretty handy when fighting King Dodongo, though. It's not hard to imagine where Skyward Sword's unbreakable shield came from if it doesn't mind a gigantic dinosaur rolling over it (even protecting it's wearing against pressure).

Yeah, you don't really need it anymore. It's the case with a lot of minigames in OoT, though. Either you're already quite far, or your wallet doesn't have enough space. Imagine my face when I found a 200 Rupee in Kakariko and then I noticed it added only 2 of those. I wish OoT had more possibilities to give away your money. In the end I just did them all to just finish MQ, can't say I enjoyed all minigames (but most of them), but the most hated minigame stays Roll Goal (TP) though. |D

Yeah, it's kind of sad how she just leaves him. There are a lot of theories while she left, one being that she was in love with Link (what?) and left him because they couldn't be together. Another one is because Link simply didn't need her anymore, having finished his quest as the hero... and being a Hylian.
Whatever the reason, I think that Link was justified going on a quest to find her. It's kind of odd none the less that she'd leave him just like that after all they had been through.

Yeah, fourth wall breaking was amusing... until you realise that the Wiimote just drains batteries and that you need to have spare pair ready! |D

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Username: U_Flame
Favorite Game: Ocarina of Time! Majora's Mask comes close, I love how dark the story is compared to the other games.
Triforce: Wisdom (I'm a nerd :P)

I'm going to bring up something I brought up with the last Zelda club. (Which I guess is dead now) There is an amazing hack of Ocarina of Time that lets the game be 4-player compatible. It works on very few emulators and has quite a lot of bugs but it's multiplayer Ocarina of Time! What's not to like? Since Project 64 has an internet feature, (that I've yet to understand) it's possible to play Ocarina of Time online. So maybe we can all play on the same game online! Just throwing the idea out there.
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rythJ1xn2NE&list=UUvCBpbkd9lwObOxVN1MuDtA&index=5&feature=plcp

Back on topic,
I think the guard on Death Mountain Trail gives you a discount on a shield if you bring him a Keaton Mask.

Objection! Paying 85 Rupees instead of 90 (And needing 90 to pay for the 85 anyways) should not count as a discount!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually busted out my Deku Shield for Lizalfos fights (can't spell hurrr), but I thought Link looked so cute with his huge Hylian Shield. I need a life. :( Gotta stop pinching kids' cheeks.

Happened to me too! Actually first time I went down that hole, I remember ReDeads being there. So...I left. lol Then I thought "WELL that might have been important" so I went back and wanted to scream when I opened the chest. lol But then I also hate in TP where you PUT IT BACK. Cause them I look on the map to see if I got everything and usually forget if it was rupees and back tracks and ugh. :(

In my comic, she was in love with him and thought the whole journey was them looking for a place to get married. Eventually when Link pulls the Master Sword and goes 7 years into the future, she's already in a wedding dress and says, "Time to get married!" and Link just looks at her and puts the sword back. She gets mad and he's like, "I just wanted to see what I look like in seven years." to which she replies with, "Well...you were a HUNK!" Then silence. And he leaves and says, "Bye, Navi." lol Though I think it was the latter reason you said. It's not in his race to have a fairy and Navi had served her purpose. So it makes sense that she'd leave. But then in the beginning of Majora's Mask (I think) it mentions he was looking for a long lost friend...so it's like...idk. Obviously he didn't want her to leave...if, of course, you make the assumption that the friend is Navi.

I don't have to worry about that. 8) No Wii Zelda titles are in my possession! Though I should fix that.

Objection! Paying 85 Rupees instead of 90 (And needing 90 to pay for the 85 anyways) should not count as a discount!

Never said it was a good discount. ;P I've never done the discount thing myself, so I never even knew it was that bad of one. lol

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I won't deny that! |D Small kids with huge objects are adorable. It was kind of cute how he just hunched below the Hylian Shield, letting nothing in the big, scary overworld get to him.

TP just needed a bigger wallet. BT If you put Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker on the same height on the split Time Line, you could start rambling on how all the chests WindLink finds on the bottom of the ocean are the same kazillion chests TwiLink finds in Hyrule Field. Then it's quite logical to urge TwiLink to get a bigger wallet, seeing how Wind ends up having one of 5000. It's kind of odd that TwiLink gets his 1000Rupee upgrade only after having collected all Golden Bugs. By then, he's ran all over Hyrule field, probably finding a loooot of chests whose contents did not fit in his wallet.
I just thought that putting it back was better than wasting 199 rupees. |D;

Oh, that's a pretty neat idea, quite amusing as well. |D
I always assumed that it was Navi. Other possibilities would be Malon, Zelda or Saria... but seeing as he already met Zelda at the end of OoT and Malon gave him Epona... it's either Saria or Navi. I always thought he and Saria somehow already said their goodbyes in the Forest Temple.... but childtimeline!Saria wouldn't know that (unless you consider her Sage powers crossing time and space).

Oh, yes, you should deffinitally fix that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back