• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Ancient Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Just showing off Route 124 without the NPCs (Warning: Large Image):
Spoiler:

Yingxue

Since October 2003
Years
Seriously awesome stuff you guys have got going on here. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how things go with your project. I love games with the GB/GBC era graphics- it's a bit of a shame more games on here don't have them.

I love that you're implementing Secret Bases. Any chance you guys might try to do contests? I imagine that might be a bit of a challenge.

Keep up the good work. :)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Seriously awesome stuff you guys have got going on here. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how things go with your project. I love games with the GB/GBC era graphics- it's a bit of a shame more games on here don't have them.

I love that you're implementing Secret Bases. Any chance you guys might try to do contests? I imagine that might be a bit of a challenge.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks! Personally I've just grown more accustomed to the style, and I find it easy to work with.

About contests, I wouldn't even know where to start, since Essentials never had the stats like Beauty and Cool implemented. The Battle Tents will be in this, though.

If we can work something out in the future we will add it in, but it would require a skilled coder. I could make the graphics for it easily.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
About contests, I wouldn't even know where to start, since Essentials never had the stats like Beauty and Cool implemented. The Battle Tents will be in this, though.
I disagree. The stats have existed in Essentials since before I took it over. They're just unused, except for beauty which Feebas evolves with. All moves have a contest type (I decided on the types for Gen 5 moves).

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I disagree. The stats have existed in Essentials since before I took it over. They're just unused, except for beauty which Feebas evolves with. All moves have a contest type (I decided on the types for Gen 5 moves).

Really? I never noticed them o_O

Well then, I guess it's worth looking at them. We would still need a skilled coder to make a Judging system and the like.

Having some issues porting secret bases to V11, but here's a screenshot to satisfy those looking for updates to the Secret Bases system:

secret_bases__by_pokemon_tiler-d65ewtf.png

Last edited:

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
Is this project is still on progressing? If so, may I borrow some of your over world sprite works? I'm going to use it on my Pokemon gold hack, which is a Pokemon Emerald devamping.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Is this project is still on progressing? If so, may I borrow some of your over world sprite works? I'm going to use it on my Pokemon gold hack, which is a Pokemon Emerald devamping.

We're slowly working on this, but I'm pretty sure everything we're using will be private.
Sorry.

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
That "demaked" musis is just fake. These are ripped MIDI's, with a GXSCC-like soundfont. They have also too many layers for 8-bit. They can't at least be inserted in the game. I think you have to use FroggestSpirit's tool, GSC -> MIDI, if you ever want proper music in the game.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
That "demaked" musis is just fake. These are ripped MIDI's, with a GXSCC-like soundfont. They have also too many layers for 8-bit. They can't at least be inserted in the game. I think you have to use FroggestSpirit's tool, GSC -> MIDI, if you ever want proper music in the game.

Hi there. I'm the sound guy.
The songs you've just listened to, were the old ones, we used a GBfont in FL Studio.
I disagreed with it since it sounds terrible. But there is actually enough layers for 8bit, I only used 4 layers, which is indeed the correct amount. But in future terms were hacking Fire Red, and using the GSC Instruments in there.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

Also, this isn't a hack. There is no "insertion" to begin with. I could use full out orchestrated mp3 if I wanted to. However it would blow up the game's size.

I have recently acquired correct instruments for GSC and that will be used.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello. Varion and I are starting this back up. We are looking for a scripter to help us add features and to rewrite the battle system to work like a GSC one. Contact me via PM if you're interested.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Spoiler:

Small WIP of Littleroot Town. will probably have to change the small houses to a two story sooner or later.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Good job so far I hope this gets completed one day downloading now :)

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
I love the fact that you actually made a demake of Emerald! Hoenn is my favorite region and Emerald was my first pokemon game so I'm anxious to play it once it is available for downloading.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Wow, how'd I miss this? Love me some retro goodness.

How're you planning on having players multiple hoenn starters? and the kanto/johto ones/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back