• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Guy

just a guy
Years
I've seen Fakemon of a Ice wolf before:

f0f5c92ff5f3d004ee5dbc6d56e021e8-d3fohto.png

He does look very cute and playful. ;__; Though I wonder if it'll resemble Houndoom or Mightyena in a way. But, no matter, I'd love a Ice wolf. :3
I'd kind of want an Ice Wolf to look a bit more like Absol actually. Or perhaps like Arcanine.

I suppose this would be that Fakemon's evolution. I certainly wouldn't mind it.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Going back on track; Ice-type Wolf Pokémon and Fire/Water Pistol Shrimp Pokémon FTW!

That Pistol Shrimp pokemon sounds like an amazing idea!! I' love to see a design for that pokemon, would probably look awesome!

The purpose of Ditto is to transform into something, but what more can it evolve into that can further help it accomplish that purpose?

I have to agree, giving Ditto an evolution would be somewhat pointless, since he can already transform into any pokemon, so i guess it's pretty unlikely to happen

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

He does look very cute and playful. ;__; Though I wonder if it'll resemble Houndoom or Mightyena in a way. But, no matter, I'd love a Ice wolf. :3

That's adorable!! I think it'd definitely be a physical attacker, and could somewhat rival Lillipup in a way. I'd love to see something like that in these games. :)

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Electric/Grass
Dark/Water
Psychic/Bug
Ice/Bug
Flying/Fighting
Fighting/Bug
and Steel/Fire if it hasnt been done.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Electric/Grass
Dark/Water
Psychic/Bug
Ice/Bug
Flying/Fighting
Fighting/Bug
and Steel/Fire if it hasnt been done.

Electric/Grass, Ice/Bug, Psychic/Bug and Flying/Fighting hasn't been done yet and I'd love to see some pokemon with that typing too! Especially Flying/Fighting would be awesome, i've been hoping for a pokemon with this type for a long time now. As for Fighting/Bug we have Heracross, Water/Dark we have Sharpedo and Crawdaunt and Steel/Fire there is Heatran, but i wouldn't mind seeing some more pokemon with these type combos, since we only have a handful, and one of them is a legendary anyways...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with more fire/steel! It's such a useful typing and I definitely think it should be used more and hopefully is in mons in this generation and flash fire again too plz <3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Fire/Steel is a really cool typing, i hate when only legendaries get these kinds of combos. They should definitely make more of them!!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I actually thought Flying/Fighting almost should have been Braviary, but since it wasn't I'd love to see that happen. Maybe the legendary will finally give us that?

Years
About the Robotic Poke.. it can be Steel + 2nd type (ground, fire, electric ..Etc) depending on its forme which will probably depend on the environnement?!
Hehe, I am not the only one hoping for a non-legendary fire-steel Pokémon. :] Imagine if Slugma, Magcargo, Torkoal or Numel get a steel-fire evolution? Hmm...
I also would love an Electric - Ice Pokémon and a Koffing's cousin, a Poison Electric Pokémon with Levitate, Oh god!

Regarding legendaries, I would like to see less Dragon even tough I am an Ice Beam fan, haha! :D
Yvetal and Xerneas don't look really like Dragons so I am happy. :3 I also would like to see some epic uber Poison-typed legendary, it can probably have some signature poison move that cause both poison and confusion? Hmm...

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I actually thought Flying/Fighting almost should have been Braviary, but since it wasn't I'd love to see that happen. Maybe the legendary will finally give us that?

Braviary would have been a great Fighting/Flying Pokemon, although i think a pokemon with this dual type would need some kind of legs/arms to actually fight? Maybe not, i dont know...
But please please please don't let it be a legendary who gets this combo, i hate it when only they get brand new dual types, they should be given to more "normal" pokemon!

I also would love an Electric - Ice Pokémon and a Koffing's cousin, a Poison Electric Pokémon with Levitate, Oh god!

Both sound like really cool idea, especially having an Electric/Ice Pokemon :D

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I would love to see a Fire/Grass lion Pokémon.

It would be mostly green, with a flaming mane and maybe a flame at the end of it's tail

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

Just saw this, and the amount I want it is incredible. I can see it going from cute to a ferocious mountain lion kind of thing when it evolves.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Has Fire Poison been done yet? or Ice Poison?

Neither has! I'd love to see the former especially, since we have all these Fire types learning things like Smog. A Fire/Poison dual type would definitely be something I'd want to see. Ice/Poison sounds interesting too, especially since it takes away that pesky Fighting weakness away that plagues Ice types.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Neither has! I'd love to see the former especially, since we have all these Fire types learning things like Smog. A Fire/Poison dual type would definitely be something I'd want to see. Ice/Poison sounds interesting too, especially since it takes away that pesky Fighting weakness away that plagues Ice types.

Ice/Poison sounds like it would be cool, though its a type combination that just doesn't meld well....It loses Fighting only. It keeps everything else. Resistance wise its very meh. Grass, Poison, Ice, and Bug. Not that great. Not to mention both types get a huge shaft stat wise. Together it would have pretty mediocre stats and Move pool.

Fire/Poison is so interesting...x4 weakness to ground is just so unsexy.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Ice/Poison sounds like it would be cool, though its a type combination that just doesn't meld well....It loses Fighting only. It keeps everything else. Resistance wise its very meh. Grass, Poison, Ice, and Bug. Not that great. Not to mention both types get a huge shaft stat wise. Together it would have pretty mediocre stats and Move pool.

Fire/Poison is so interesting...x4 weakness to ground is just so unsexy.

Agree with you on Ice/Poison. It's still weak to so many common types it's still not great, but it'd be interesting at least. As for Fire/Poison, Heatran has the same issue and still functions well! Balloons are great things =P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Balloons are easy to bypass and are situation at best though. Just cause Heatran also has it doesn't raise the appeal.

Pokemon that share the x4 Ground weakness

Magnezone: OU. Really good and doesn't have to worry about OHKOs with Sturdy. Has pretty decent stats to back it up.
Magneton: RU. Was as good as Magnezone before Gen 4 when Magnezone replaced it. Now its not used that often. Like with Magnezone it has decent stats to back it up.

Both are mostly due to its Steel Typing's natually high defenses.

Macargo: NU. It has its moments, but its not used for a reason.
Bastidon: NU. Despite having some pretty good defense, it sits in obscurity thanks to X4 Ground and X4 Fighting weakness. Has a bit more as to why its not used often, but still fits.
Probopass: NU. Pretty much the same as Bastidon.
Aggron: RU. Used more than the above two due to having a better attacking stat but still falls down hard.

Heatran's saving grace is he's a 600 BST Legendary. If his stats were below 500, he'd be with the others in RU/NU.

So baring 2 competitively x4 Ground isn't that great. Only 3 of which have x4 weakness to fighting which is possibly the only other reason they're down as far as they are which is really sad cause I really like two of them =C

If the Fire/Poison is under 500 BST, its going to be NU/RU bait. While it'll have potential in NU and RU, that's still not the best thing to go off of. It may even fall as far as the newly made PU which is 3.41% of NU usage.

I don't want to discourage the hope cause it CAN still be made, just it'll be very unappealing and fall into mediocrity very fast.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I agree with XanderO, a x4 weakness to Ground would be a huge disadvantage. If this Pokemon happened to have Levitate as an ability though, he would only be weak to Water, Rock and Psychic, which would make him way more usable. And even with a x4 Ground weakness, I'd love to see the design for a pokemon with this typing!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I have always wanted a Rock/Poison type pokemon with levitate, it has a 4x weakness to earthquake but levitate nullifies its ground weakness. I would like a pokemon with this typing is gen 6, and NOT terrible!!!!!!!!

Speaking of new pokemon, you all have probably seen it, but I'll post it anyway:

leaked-gen-iv-e1359792651765.png

What do you think of these possible pokemon? Please, give me your thoughts!
I personally like the birdie, he looks so badass, and I hope his final evolution ends up being a kickass bird similar to Staraptor, NOT Unfezant!!! And that facial expression just screams "Does it LOOK like I give a ****?"
I think that bug thing just looks stupid, but you never know, after all that stupid Shelmet evolves into ACCELGOR!!!!! But yeah, until otherwise the bug sucks.

(BTW sorry if this has already been done before :nervous:)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have always wanted a Rock/Poison type pokemon with levitate, it has a 4x weakness to earthquake but levitate nullifies its ground weakness. I would like a pokemon with this typing is gen 6, and NOT terrible!!!!!!!!

Speaking of new pokemon, you all have probably seen it, but I'll post it anyway:

What do you think of these possible pokemon? Please, give me your thoughts!
I personally like the birdie, he looks so badass, and I hope his final evolution ends up being a kickass bird similar to Staraptor, NOT Unfezant!!! And that facial expression just screams "Does it LOOK like I give a ****?"
I think that bug thing just looks stupid, but you never know, after all that stupid Shelmet evolves into ACCELGOR!!!!! But yeah, until otherwise the bug sucks.

(BTW sorry if this has already been done before :nervous:)

Well they were proven fake so I don't really have an opinion on them :(

Rock/poison with levitate sounds pretty fun tho. :3;

Back