• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Godlike Tile Creator

Rate the tool

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years
I'm here today it needs aproval so maybe a few days later to present my last tool.
Why i did this tool? Got bored and needed an good challenge, dont worry it was quite challenging, I had a lot of ideias in order to make the tool faster and usefull. This is made whit Visual Basic, and as u know.
"Hey, What is Visual Basic?" An death language like latin, but had such an importance that is consider the 13 most used in the world in an total of 15(quite impressive dont u guys think?)

Image:
empBdJb.png

(I dont want to upload another so i will use the same)

What this tools does?
Try to find out.(Belive i tryed to explain it and no one get it so have fun)
Spoiler:

What I can acomplish whit this tool?
Spoiler:

Special thanks:
RaptorDMG(Support, Betatester and convincing me to release the tool) u should thanks to him
Christos(for making me alot angry, but i also understand)

Bugs found:.
Program not closing

For more info just pm.

Tutorial:

Ps:
Spoiler:

Download:(if want understand the code just ask but i doubt u want so)

Attachments

• GodLike Tile Creator.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 250
  • GodLike Tile Creator(code).zip
    366.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
This is awesome and hey I'm the first to post yes! But anyway your tool is going to be very useful

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Minor Bug (not really a bug but should be addressed): When you close the application, it will only close the window but not the process itself... You still need to terminate it using the Task Manager to completely close the application...

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years
Minor Bug (not really a bug but should be addressed): When you close the application, it will only close the window but not the process itself... You still need to terminate it using the Task Manager to completely close the application...

I will check it out but i dont promise nothing. Thanks

The Walrus

it's a me, jesse
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Does this overwrite stock tilesets? Or is this a way to add extra tiles without replacing old ones?

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years
Does this overwrite stock tilesets? Or is this a way to add extra tiles without replacing old ones?

This basicaly convert the image u want to get on the gba, and for that u have to overwrite the original tilesets of the rom.(this tool is nice because, is fast to convert and also because can insert tiles that before were impossible, i test it and i even was able to convert nds tiles and insert them on the rom). As the name says it only create tilesets(the image u want to insert).

If u are talking about the way the tool save the tilesets that u convert, u should test it then.

If u dont want to test it, advice to stop the video at 2:51.(U will only get if u know how the block editor on advence map works), otherwise watch the full tutorial(i know it may not be the best, but is a start rigth?).

Last edited:

The Walrus

it's a me, jesse
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Isn't it just more efficient to export the tileset, add your tiles, re-insert, and then palette edit? You can even edit pals before exporting to reduce hassle. That way you don't lose all of the tiles of the tileset, and also don't have so much space wasted?

Last edited:

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years
Isn't it just more efficient to export the tileset, add your tiles, re-insert, and then palette edit? You can even edit pals before exporting to reduce hassle. That way you don't lose all of the tiles of the tileset, and also don't have so much space wasted?

Got it, u are saying to insert directly on rom, rigth?

There is just one problem i dont know how the gba rom works, but i know the rigth guys so lets see what happens.

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years
Yes sir. If you're not completely familiar with what I'm asking about, check this thread, I posted a tutorial on how to do it a long time ago.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159617

If i get what u want, then is quite easy. To add an object to an previous tileset.
The answer is quite simple.
Just follow the following exemple:

Exemples: i have an tileset of an house already inserted and i want to add a bookcase, so what i need to do?
  1. use the tool to convert the furniture
  2. load the the palette(s) that were created by the tool
  3. save the tileset(exported by AdvenceMap) whit the colors of the palette you loaded
  4. grab the image converted and add to the exported tileset
  5. load the new tileset that contains the house tile whit the godlike bookcase:D(godlike, because is already converted, i hope u get it)
  6. Have fun!!

I think i created an mini-tutorial just now xd.

Last edited:

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years

Sorry, i finaly realise what u were trying say, but the answer is no, because sometimes there are palettes whit only one color(exemple: fullblack), also to add an new "thing" like an table to the tilesets, it would be an pain in the ass. Also to generate the new palettes, it would take alot of time and would be quite hard or even impossible to generate, but yes u would save space on your disk. Although u can always in the end delete folder, arent I rigth?

The Walrus

it's a me, jesse
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Okay that's what I thought it was used for. Though, that wastes a ton of space in your tileset. It takes longer to manually deconstruct the images into tiles so you waste no space, but since I use a large portion of tiles It's just a lot better all around for me to manually insert them. I'm also so used to doing it that way it's not too hard nor boring for me

Oh...if you have to use an entire palette for one image, even if it's just a few colors...that kinda needs fixed. A tileset palette consists of 16 colors(with the first being for transparency), so to waste that many colors for a single image is kinda impractical. I use loads of new tiles, and it's hard enough to squeeze them into the 15 color limit the way it is.
I'm sure this will help a lot of people though, so kudos for programming it and don't give up buddy.

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
Years
Okay that's what I thought it was used for. Though, that wastes a ton of space in your tileset. It takes longer to manually deconstruct the images into tiles so you waste no space, but since I use a large portion of tiles It's just a lot better all around for me to manually insert them. I'm also so used to doing it that way it's not too hard nor boring for me

Oh...if you have to use an entire palette for one image, even if it's just a few colors...that kinda needs fixed. A tileset palette consists of 16 colors(with the first being for transparency), so to waste that many colors for a single image is kinda impractical. I use loads of new tiles, and it's hard enough to squeeze them into the 15 color limit the way it is.
I'm sure this will help a lot of people though, so kudos for programming it and don't give up buddy.

Man i used an tileset that take me 3 full days to convert the colors manually. Whit the tool i was able to do it in a few minutes. The only problems is when u convert an tileset and u say i want and this new thing like an tree. In order to do it efficiently u have to add to the original tile the tree and only then convert, also there is an option that allow u to remove quality of the image in order to be able to insert whatever u want. I will give u an few tiles for u to convert and i hope to change your mind. I'm 100% that u will. Muahaha (just kiding but i think u should take an look)

The Walrus

it's a me, jesse
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Man i used an tileset that take me 3 full days to convert the colors manually. Whit the tool i was able to do it in a few minutes. The only problems is when u convert an tileset and u say i want and this new thing like an tree. In order to do it efficiently u have to add to the original tile the tree and only then convert, also there is an option that allow u to remove quality of the image in order to be able to insert whatever u want. I will give u an few tiles for u to convert and i hope to change your mind. I'm 100% that u will. Muahaha (just kiding but i think u should take an look)
I'll take a look, and I can make another guide(hopefully video lol), to show you exactly how I do it. It took me like 5 hours to replace most of the stock tileset and palette. That's a good amount of time but it's second nature to me now, so it would likely take other people longer.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
i love tis rock salt and ur tool is very very helppfull to mi tank yu!

TRULY!! GODLIKE!! - ME

MAN I STILL CANT BELIEVE SUCH A THING COULD ACTUALLY EXIST!!!!! - ME

NICE!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! - ME

Yvtq8K3n U THE MAN!!! BRUH!!!! - ME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back