• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x(flag) 'This would be your first Pokémon's Poké Ball sprite.
if 0x1 goto @getfire
checkflag 0x(flag) 'Second Pokémon
if 0x1 goto @getwater
checkflag 0x(flag) 'Third
if 0x1 goto @getgrass
release
end

#org @getfire
applymovement 0x03 (Your rival's no. on screen) @walkfire
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @illtake 0x2
msgbox @rivalreceives 0x4
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x?? (The poké ball he is getting) @disappear
waitmovement (or play your fanfare)
release
end

...(just do the same as above, just edit it a bit)

#dynamic 0x71A300
msgbox @waitup 0x2
applymovement 0x03 @catchup
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 (or 0x3, I believe, for Oak's explanation) @before @win @after
end

#org @waitup
=Hey, wait up, [player_name]!

#org @catchup...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
It's no problem. Glad to help with your problem.

1 question what is the code for:

if you talk to him her or a a POKEBALL it will says:
it's the POKEBALL of Prof. ???
then when you talk to someone
it will chnage into:
ifyou talk to a POKEBALL it will let you choose

then the 3rd time it says:

it is the last POKEBALLS of Prof. ???

HOPE SOMEONE WILLL ANsWER :D

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
Years
In the "Applymovement" section you can tell that if you do:
applymovement 0x7F
You can move the camera.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Can someone answer my questions????

Q1:How can i disable this PokedexScript???
Spoiler:

Q2:how can i enable the Pokedex Script when i finished this Script...
Spoiler:

and lastly how can i enable this script after i have my POKeMON...
Spoiler:

Thank you...

help will be greatly appreciated :D

dt200

Was and will be forever alone.
Years
excuse me diego, can you please show tutorials for script boxes with XSE? Have been finding on youtube but only found pksv and rubikon scripts. Please help me. Thanks. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
excuse me diego, can you please show tutorials for script boxes with XSE? Have been finding on youtube but only found pksv and rubikon scripts. Please help me. Thanks. :D
Read the sections labeled "Message Scripts" and "Msgbox Numbers", in the OP.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I mean script boxes... like the PROF OAK script when going to route 1
When he stops you from going out because you have no Pokemon?

Do some searching for information on "script events". You can set it up so that if someone steps on a certain part of a map while a script variable has a certain value, then a script runs.

(For example, you can run a script if someone steps on the exit to Pallet Town while 0x4055 is set to 0x0000 -- that's exactly what Game Freak did.)

dt200

Was and will be forever alone.
Years
When he stops you from going out because you have no Pokemon?

Do some searching for information on "script events". You can set it up so that if someone steps on a certain part of a map while a script variable has a certain value, then a script runs.

(For example, you can run a script if someone steps on the exit to Pallet Town while 0x4055 is set to 0x0000 -- that's exactly what Game Freak did.)

U got my point. But can you show me an example of this script? I don't really know how to decompile and is there anything new to learn besides the flags and variables?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
U got my point. But can you show me an example of this script? I don't really know how to decompile and is there anything new to learn besides the flags and variables?
Go to Pallet Town and look at the events. The green "S" blocks are Script events.

If you view their properties, you'll see fields for a "var number" and "var value". What this means is that if variable <number> is set to <value> and the player steps on the tile, the Script event activates.

The script code itself has little to no differences from any other ordinary script, except for one thing: you need to set the variable used to activate the script to some other value. If you don't, then the script will usually run over and over again forever, with the player being unable to step off the tile.

You can see the script code for yourself if you've set up AdvanceMap properly. You can give it the location of a script editor, like XSE, on your hard drive; once you do, you can click "Open script" in AMap to view the code for any event, including Script events. Click the button, and XSE decompiles the script so you can read it.

If your Script event activates when 0x4001 is set to 0x0000, then at the end of your script, you need to use "setvar 0x4001 (anything other than zero)" to deactivate the Script event.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
To tell you the truth, this is what made me into scripting. Then I learnt and learnt other stuff too. I really love this tutorial as it just taught me the function of vars (variables). This tutorial is as good as Shining Opal!

Scripting help:
I need to make a sprite already disappeared and in a certain script it appears for an event and then disappears again (like the PROF. OAK script when he stops us from going to ROUTE 1). I'm hacking FireRed. Please respond!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Scripting help:
I need to make a sprite already disappeared and in a certain script it appears for an event and then disappears again (like the PROF. OAK script when he stops us from going to ROUTE 1). I'm hacking FireRed. Please respond!
In AdvanceMap, set the Person event's "Person ID" to a script flag number. In your script, set that flag to hide the Person and clear it to show the Person.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
What else is there to say than THANK YOU? This is by far the most comprehensive tutorial I've found on scripting. I've learned so much in the past few days thanks to you and this tutorial. An essential to any beginner.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Hello people! I have a BIG problem with XSE. You see, whenever I try to press compile, it gives me an error: "Unknown keyword "end" at line 5"....... i have tried everything and nothing seems to work. anyhelp?

AustinWolff

has left
Years
XSE script box help

hello everybody! I fixed my XSE problem and I decided to try out a script box. however, in the game when I step on it nothing happens! can anyone help?
Spoiler:

i also attached pics of my problem

Var Number: 0405
Var Value: 0000
Unknown: 0300

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 19

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
hello everybody! I fixed my XSE problem and I decided to try out a script box. however, in the game when I step on it nothing happens! can anyone help?
Spoiler:

i also attached pics of my problem

Var Number: 0405
Var Value: 0000
Unknown: 0300

Did you make sure that flag 0x405 is not set before stepping on the tile? Because if it's set, the script won't activate.

Back