• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Mr Ghost

oh no
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2019
This looks so good, looking forward to using it when you finish expanding it!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 25, 2019
You said you compiled the mega evolution? I've edited the .ini to see if it would work, but it didn't when I tried to activate the mega evolution. Do you need to activate it with a script, for example, like in MBCN's patch? Sorry for bothering...

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Announcement:

The updated rom base will be ready in just a few short days, if you all could bear with me.
I have teamed up with Xizqu to update the AI and fix many of the bugs present within MrDS's base.

The new base will also have:

Much more free space
Expanded OWs dont glitch with the VS Seeker
TM placements fixed more
Decapitalization of berry powder stuff and Fame Checker
New items: Flame Orb and Toxic Orb, various items fixed such as Black Sludge
Move fixes: Trick, Switcheroo, Brick Break, Growth, Incinerate, etc.
Updated battle AI to account for new moves and abilities
New routines for field affecting moves like Stealth Rock
Grass types immune to powder moves, ghosts immune to trapping moves (possibly)
Possible port of RSE berry system (maybe, it is still in the works)

I will not be able to pinpoint the exact date it is released, but it will be VERY soon.
Me, Xizqu, Akamethebulbasaur and a few others are working dilligently every day.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
Announcement:

The updated rom base will be ready in just a few short days, if you all could bear with me.
I have teamed up with Xizqu to update the AI and fix many of the bugs present within MrDS's base.

The new base will also have:

Much more free space
Expanded OWs dont glitch with the VS Seeker
TM placements fixed more
Decapitalization of berry powder stuff and Fame Checker
New items: Flame Orb and Toxic Orb, various items fixed such as Black Sludge
Move fixes: Trick, Switcheroo, Brick Break, Growth, Incinerate, etc.
Updated battle AI to account for new moves and abilities
New routines for field affecting moves like Stealth Rock
Grass types immune to powder moves, ghosts immune to trapping moves (possibly)
Possible port of RSE berry system (maybe, it is still in the works)

I will not be able to pinpoint the exact date it is released, but it will be VERY soon.
Me, Xizqu, Akamethebulbasaur and a few others are working dilligently every day.

This sounds pretty amazing so thanks for you and your team's hard work.

If I could make a small request, I would like if you could share methods for the changes that you implement. That way people can add to their existings hacks and help make this a good example of implementing those changes.

Thank you so much!

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
Can confirm, it's working now.
2018-06-10_22-00-59.gif

In case someone didn't understand:
Spoiler:

Not for me. What did those the other 5 offsets mean? I just ctrl+b 5 more times.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Not for me. What did those the other 5 offsets mean? I just ctrl+b 5 more times.
the other 5 offsets = the other 5 offsets that Leon mentioned, besides 137134.
Those were 137158, 13717C, 1371A4, 1371C8, and 1371F0.
The process as I explained it is working perfectly.

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
the other 5 offsets = the other 5 offsets that Leon mentioned, besides 137134.
Those were 137158, 13717C, 1371A4, 1371C8, and 1371F0.
The process as I explained it is working perfectly.

It works, but it resets when i get to the second screen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
AqCdxcv
This happen when i try to patch on android....i tried some roms 1.0 us

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Can the AI use Mega Evolution?

Yes, pretty much any trainer can. In the Trainer Editor of your choice, simply have the opponents Pokemon hold the mega stone, and make sure that you have the keystone and vars 0x40EF and 0x40FF are set to 0x161, have the evolution edited in the Pokemon Editor of your choice, and are not using it during the tutorial rival battle (it works weirdly).

Years
Man this rombase looks absolutely amazing! This about covers any feature tweaking you could possibly want to add to your game.

As a noob, I do have a little trouble with something that I can't find an answer for, which are the overworld sprites. I tried to open the ROM in NSE and OWEditorRE but it's not working.
(It says "Can't read past the end of the stream")

Also when I open the ROM in AdvancedMap 1.92 (hacked for expanded mons) the new OW sprites after 151 all have a glitched palette (as if they have the avatar palette).

I tried wrestling a bit with the A-map ini / NSE but can't find how to display them properly, do you have an explanation?

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Man this rombase looks absolutely amazing! This about covers any feature tweaking you could possibly want to add to your game.

As a noob, I do have a little trouble with something that I can't find an answer for, which are the overworld sprites. I tried to open the ROM in NSE and OWEditorRE but it's not working.
(It says "Can't read past the end of the stream")

Also when I open the ROM in AdvancedMap 1.92 (hacked for expanded mons) the new OW sprites after 151 all have a glitched palette (as if they have the avatar palette).

I tried wrestling a bit with the A-map ini / NSE but can't find how to display them properly, do you have an explanation?

I would suggest the tool OverWorldManager by Kimonas found here:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=361064

A-Map 1.92 simply isn't coded to understand dynamic OWs, so for using the expanded ones I included or you add in the future, you'd have to look at a reference when editing your events.

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Hey man, I took a sneak peek with PGE to see the changes to the Pokemons, and I noticed something weird: Hitmonchan seems to have turned into Bulbasaur somehow. Sprite and movepool are ok, but PGE (and G3T too) says it has the very same stats, ability, egg group and gender ratio as Bulbasaur :| Sorry for nitpicking.

Years
I would suggest the tool OverWorldManager by Kimonas found here:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=361064

A-Map 1.92 simply isn't coded to understand dynamic OWs, so for using the expanded ones I included or you add in the future, you'd have to look at a reference when editing your events.

Thanks for the tool suggestion! Kimonas' tool really looks a lot cleaner.
Also good to know that about AdvancedMap. I thought something was glitched but it isn't then which is good.

I do have another problem with this base in AdvancedMap that im wondering if you are aware of it?
Screens:

https://prnt.sc/k213bl
https://prnt.sc/k21337

These two messages pop up whenever I open the Events for Viridian City and Fuchsia City (and any new map if I try to insert one). Only those. Other original FR maps are fine somehow.
Im still learning though so I was wondering if you or anyone else had any idea why this happens with this base?

(I tested this with a clean FR with just the base patched and nothing else done to it. I also tried it in both 1.92(unhacked and hacked) and 1.95)

EDIT: Removed the Spoiler since apparently the images didnt show?
EDIT2: Just read the forum banner saying imgur is broken... Sorry for the inconvenience I just put the prnt.sc now

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
Can't wait for the 3.0 version. Gonna use that for a hack once it's out. If I may make a suggestion, however, have you folks considered importing the RSE tileset into the ROM? Having them alongside the FRLG tiles would be nice, if it wouldn't be a huge hassle.

Back