• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sunrise Orange

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
1. Info
2. Story
3. Features
4. Screenshots
5. Tools Used
6. Credits
7. Download Links

Info
ROM Base: Fire Red version 1.0
Language: English
Creator: Jangmo-o Fett

Story

You've moved to Valencia Island over a year ago, and you've been asking the local Pokemon Professor, Prof. Ivy when she's going to give you your first Pokemon every day since.

You've just received a letter from her today, her friend in some far away region sent her a set of Starter Pokemon, and she's giving one to you, and her little sister so you can finally explore the Orange Islands, and take on the Orange Crew to earn your right to .

But it won't be an easy journey, a villainous group that calls themselves Team Umbra have been terrorizing the people of the quiet archipelago. It's up to you to put a stop to them.

I've always wanted to see a game set in the Orange Islands, and I know there's been a few other ROM Hacks that have set out to do this, this is just my idea of a game version of the Orange Islands

Features
  • A brand new story set in the Orange Islands
  • A New Villainous Team, Team Umbra
  • A regional dex of around 240 Pokemon, mostly from gens 1-3, with a handful coming from later generations
  • New Orange Island form Pokemon, some based on the anime, some completely new
  • Some Alolan Forms, mostly Pokemon with "tropical" designs
  • Fairy Type
  • Physical Special Split
  • All other features included with Mr. Dollsteak's ROM Base
Features I hope to have by V2.0
  • Re-Usable TMs
  • Custom Sprites
  • Custom Tiles (maybe)

Screenshots

7KxmMaS
Ptz16jl
Wy13QfN

sQKuZPE
JMXzvAe

XuXYPTL
SavBybR
2wdQyrN

6KRph7f
3nNS3mi

Download Links

Tools Used

Advanced Map
Gen III Hacking Suite
XSE
Advance Intro Editor
Advance Mart
Advance Trainer
Nameless Sprite Editor
Overworld Changer Rebirth Edition
HXDen
Intro Text Editor
Attack Editor Advance
Lunar IPS

Credits

Anthroyd- YouTube ROM Hacking tutorials

ChaosRush- The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource, Surfing Pikachu Sprite, Alolan Diglett Sprite, Alolan Geodude Sprite, Magmortar Sprite, Electivire Sprite, Leafeon Sprite, Glaceon Sprite, Gallade Sprite, Mismagius Sprite, Rhyperior Sprite, Weavile Sprite, Honchkrow Sprite, Sandile Sprite, Krokorok Sprite, Krookodile Sprite, Yanmega Sprite (Recolored by me), Dusknoir Sprite, Ambipomb Sprite, Boufallant Sprite, Elgyem Sprite, Beheeyem Sprite

Daman- Prof. Ivy OW Sprite, various Orange Island Formes that haven't been implemented yet.

EndercreeperMugen- Alolan Exeggutor Icon Sprite

fishbowlsoul90- Turtonator Sprite

Gamerblack- Alolan Geodude Icon Sprite, Alolan Graveller Icon Sprite, Alolan Golem Icon Sprite, Alolan Raichu Icon Sprite, Alolan Diglett Icon Sprite, Alolan Dugtrio Icon Sprite

Goranthegreat- Sandygast Sprite, Pallosand Sprite, Drampa Sprite

jcling on DeviantArt- Made the Pokemon Trainer Creator, that I used to make some trainer designs

haimon_99- Alolan Raichu Sprite, Alolan Golem Sprite, Dhelmise Sprite, Drampa Sprite

HeXeR- Alolan Exeggutor Sprite, Drampa Sprite

HighOnMushrooms- Surfing Pikachu Sprite

il1dan- Alolan Graveller Sprite, Alolan Golem Sprite

Kevin RDS- Surfing Pikachu Sprite, Pallosand Sprite

Layell- Slyveon Sprite

leParagon- Alolan Golem Sprite, Dhelmise Sprite, Turtonator Sprite

LuckyLucci- Drampa Sprite

MBCMechachu- Alolan Geodude Sprite, Alolan Graveler Sprite

MrDollSteak Patch, Slyveon Icon, Klefki Icon

PandiRocks@17- Drampa Sprite

Pokemama- Surfing Pikachu Icon Sprite

Princessofmusic- Klefki Sprite

ReluctantPirateGames- Spinarak Sprite, Ariados Sprite, Nidorina Sprite, Nidoqueen Sprite, Nidorino Sprite, Nidoking Sprite, Sunflora Sprite, Staryu Sprite, Starmie Sprite, Tropius Sprite, Larvatar Sprite, Pupitar Sprite, Tyranitar Sprite

Renegade- All Gen V Icons

Ripple844- All Gen IV Sprites

Soloo993- Sylveon Sprite

Superjub- Sylveon Sprite

Tetra- Alolan Diglett Sprite

thedarkdragon11- Drampa Sprite

Trev- Alolan Diglett Sprite

Versekr Dark- Drampa Sprite

Wizznats- Rhyperior Sprite, Mamoswine Sprite, Krookodile Sprite, Yanmega Sprite (Recolored by me)

Xiechayghe- Alolan Geodude Sprite

Z-nogyroP- Alolan Raichu Sprite, Dhelmise, Sandygast Sprite, Pallosand Sprite, Sandygast Icon Sprite, Pallosand Icon Sprite

Attachments

• Pokemon Sunrise Orange Beta V1.0.ips
    622.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Definitely sounds like it has a lot of potential, but it also needs a lot of work.

Years
Okay, i've played it and all that I can say is: It needs a lot of work. Valencia Island is just Pallet Town and Viridian City. Regional variants needs to better. Sentret just looks bad imo.

Sir Bumpluff

Mr. Bumpluff
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
How do you evolve the Onix? Is it still a trade method or is it like a level up system, there's no Pokedex for this rom so Idk.

Back