Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old July 15th, 2018 (3:58 PM).
Mon Amour

Nature: Quiet
    Title is self-explanatory. I'm interested in how other people approach the games, what tactics/strategies are applied or do you just go for it and don't over think it.

I've recently finished/replayed Leaf-Green, and I think I overtrained way to much and abused the hell out of the VS. seeker. My strategy was basically 10 lvls for each gym.

Gym no.1 - lvl 10
    Gym no.2 - lvl 20
    Gym no.3 - lvl 30
    Gym no.4 - lvl 40
    Etc.

Once I completed the sixth gym I noticed im way over leveled. By the time I reached the Elite four, I had all my pokemon lvl 60, except my charizard which was lvl 83. My team consisted of; Charizard, Dragonite, Nidoqueen (HM slave), Pikachu and Pidgeot. Needless to say I destroyed the Elite four with just my charizard. Except against Lorelei, who one shot critted my charizard and f*cked my pikachu (Probably should've evolved it). Although anything can be fixed with a max revive!

So yeah, I grinded to much. How about you guys?
    Old July 15th, 2018 (4:10 PM).
    Banned

Nature: Hasty
    I find proper Pokemon, EV train completely even before starting the game, and those Pokemon are usually what I use post game competitively too.

I'm a grind heavy perfectionist who loves to fight. I pretty much lived inside that battle shack place (where you rank your titles up) in Y.

Needless to say, the in-game trainers rarely provide much challenge.
    Old July 15th, 2018 (7:12 PM).
    Lurking in the shadows

Nature: Relaxed
      In the beginning I would just go with it.
      Lately when I play, to make it more interesting strategically I aim to be under-leveled, so I try to get away with minimal grinding.
      Old July 15th, 2018 (7:43 PM).
      Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
        Yellow version is noticeably harder than its Red/Blue counterparts. Although they nerfed Brock and kept Misty the same, Lt.Surge gets a level 28 Raichu with Normal Type moves(as opposed to exclusively Electric moves in R/B) and every Gym Leader with significantly stronger Pokemon and better movesets. The biggest discrepancy is Koga where in R/B his Ace is level 43(with 1 Pokemon knowing Toxic), while his starting Pokemon starts at level 44 and ends at level 50(with each one knowing Toxic AND Psychic).

The stronger Pokemon for Gym Leaders and the massive spike in level between Erika and Koga all but leads to facing Gym Leaders underleveled unless you do some grinding. I personally like being roughly as strong as their Ace, hence after beating Erika, I got a lot of grinding to do to get near level 50.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP

Quick Reply