• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I know I said this before, but I keep looking at the screenshots and I keep getting excited. I won't play the beta (I never play Betas), I'll be good and wait for the completed version.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
very impressive hack, a little stale up to mt moon, you should do something with viriden forest so people know how great this hacks gonna be. because mt moon and on is such a joy to play! keep up the great effort man!

nulmirh

Waste of Land and Resources
Years
Found out about this Beta a while back and created this account just to say how much I love it, especially the part at Lavender town and the new area. I hope you still plan on continuing.
There is a bug, in one of my save file I can't encounter any wild Pokémon even though I didn't use repel at all, but loading another save file then restarted from there do the trick. I still lost a chunk of my gameplay but it's cool to replay anw. Is Gyaradosite in the game and where can I find it? I've found two other mega stones but no Gyaradosite so far.
Other than that, this is such an amazing piece of work! 10/10 would suggest to my nonexistent friends

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Is this hack dead or still being worked on?

Still worked on, albeit slowly. Progress has increased recently though so look forward to more updates in the future!

very impressive hack, a little stale up to mt moon, you should do something with viriden forest so people know how great this hacks gonna be. because mt moon and on is such a joy to play! keep up the great effort man!

Haha thank you very much! I wanted the Kanto region to stay very close to the originals so I didn't want to change too much. But in beta 3 things will be very different from the base games to account for Gary not appearing much in the sevii isles.

Found out about this Beta a while back and created this account just to say how much I love it, especially the part at Lavender town and the new area. I hope you still plan on continuing.
There is a bug, in one of my save file I can't encounter any wild Pokémon even though I didn't use repel at all, but loading another save file then restarted from there do the trick. I still lost a chunk of my gameplay but it's cool to replay anw. Is Gyaradosite in the game and where can I find it? I've found two other mega stones but no Gyaradosite so far.
Other than that, this is such an amazing piece of work! 10/10 would suggest to my nonexistent friends

Sorry about that, the missing wild pokemon thing is because you had a fossil that was being revived in the pewter gym. I had fixed that for beta 3 but in the mean time if you want that to stop either run around until the fossil guy is done (255 steps I believe), or just don't revive a fossil haha. It could also be the repel but I've never been able to replicate it myself.

As for gyaradosite, it's:
Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress has been going slowly because I'm unfortunately not the best at mapping things, however the majority of the maps for the beta are now completed. All that's left is to script the rest of the beta which is still for an undetermined amount of time. Until then, here's a picture for funsies.

yxwbFpe.png

Sneak peak of the kinds of islands you'll travel to

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 11, 2018
I think on Beta 3 attrach mega evol by press start buttton
^___________^

Years
Spoiler:

Have you got any updates in the last few months man? I think a lot of people can agree that we're eagerly awaiting this rom hacks completion.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
Hi!, I made the resting minisprites of Gary (surfing, fishing and flying) and fix the other ones (for example, when Gary is using the vs seeker). If you want them, give me a message.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 16, 2018
Why does not my emulator run the hackrom? I use WinDSPro which contains some emulators but none reads the game :(
Any suggestion?
I love the idea of being Blue in the game, I guess my username speaks by itself. Greetings to all the pokemon lovers ^^

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I think on Beta 3 attrach mega evol by press start buttton
^___________^

Yes, mega evolution can be done by pressing the start button but first you have to complete an event before you can do mega evolution.

Have you got any updates in the last few months man? I think a lot of people can agree that we're eagerly awaiting this rom hacks completion.

Unfortunately I'm ashamed to say that I've burnt out of the hack by a little bit. What I think I'll do is finish up the pokemon league to end beta 3 and then take a break from the post game content.

Hi!, I made the resting minisprites of Gary (surfing, fishing and flying) and fix the other ones (for example, when Gary is using the vs seeker). If you want them, give me a message.

Thank you!

Why does not my emulator run the hackrom? I use WinDSPro which contains some emulators but none reads the game :(
Any suggestion?
I love the idea of being Blue in the game, I guess my username speaks by itself. Greetings to all the pokemon lovers ^^

Hmm, I've never tried WinDSPro as I've only ever used Visual Boy Advance. If it doesn't work on VBA, try patching it to a different rom.

I can't get mine to play.

As nulmirh said, I've been using the Fire Red (Squirrels) 1.0 rom and it has patched successfully for me.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 29, 2018
I'm having an issue patching the ROM. Every time I do so, it says it patches successfully, but I just get a white screen.

Unrelated, but can you get a Squirtle in this game? If so, where?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I'm having an issue patching the ROM. Every time I do so, it says it patches successfully, but I just get a white screen.

Unrelated, but can you get a Squirtle in this game? If so, where?

Are you patching it to the fire red (squirrels) rom? And have you made sure it's the 1.0 rom and not the 1.1?

For squirtle yes you can get it relatively early in the game. The answer is in spoilers just in case.
Spoiler:

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Hey Teh Blazer (sp?)

Just wanted to note that I apparently reached the end of beta 2 in my livestream today ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP1reRhgxx8 )

I just want to know that if and when beta 3 comes out, will our save data be able to be carried over, or do we have to start over...?

Thanks much.

----EDIT LINE------------------------------------

Oh yes, i need to tell you that we found a horrible bug in the gamecorner in the livestream here: https://youtu.be/qs1K6-5fI14?t=2h3m16s

It starts at 1:58:47, but it really shows at 2:03:16 (supplied the timestamp in the link)

Basically those spinning tiles had softlocked the game, so we had to work our way around it.

Also there was a ton of lag, but I guess that is to be expected.

Then in todays stream we found the mega evolutions for enemies is a little... off... as seen here at this time stamp: https://youtu.be/eP1reRhgxx8?t=1h53m31s
It does this with every enemy that has a mega

Also the fishing animation does not work very well. https://youtu.be/eP1reRhgxx8?t=2h6m44s

And then I encountered the three shinies in a row, even if the rom was buggy at the time, it turned the two captured shiny digletts into level 100 shiny vileplumes in the box.... I don't understand that either...

Wld encounters also dramatically decreased after the 4th badge, so i have to run around in grass for 10-20 minutes to get even one encounter.... which sometimes caused a level 4 caterpie to kill a level 100 umbreon in one blow.... which, I don't quite understand that either.... o.O;

Hope all of the bug reports helped out!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 3, 2018
There currently is a problem with Porygon. It is currently the most broken pokemon in this Rom for not being affected by status conditions. Side note: When poison wears off outside of battle, Mr. Fuji's diary is partially read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back