• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
does anybody know which movement permission value it was to make the player still stand behind trees while on a second level of ground? when the player stands behind a tree on normal leveled ground hes behind it, but on another level after going upstairs, they appear to be on top of the tree/over it

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So, anyone know whats going on here? i havent used xse in a few months, then the second i open it up, this happens... o-o

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Questions!

1) How do I determine the start and the end of an ASM code? (Hex Editor)
2) How do I determine the start and the end of a script? (Hex Editor)
3) Wait. I'll try to remember them....

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Do you have an idea of which page its on? or the username so i can search he post? x3

On this very same page, a few posts above yours... =/

I heard that you should edit the Settings file of XSE and change the AutoUpdateCheck to 0.
Spoiler:

edit...
I replied quicker than the two below me.
My time powers are still working! Yesh!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Questions!

1) How do I determine the start and the end of an ASM code? (Hex Editor)
2) How do I determine the start and the end of a script? (Hex Editor)
3) Wait. I'll try to remember them....

1) You have to open it up with a debugger that can view all of the code and then follow it everywhere. It is impossible with just a hec editor.

2) This one is easier. You open up the script in XSE or PKSV and go to your first offset. You will have to have a hex <-> command structure reference for this (there is one in XSE if you hit F1) and you can follow each command and how many bytes it uses to see where the script is.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1) You have to open it up with a debugger that can view all of the code and then follow it everywhere. It is impossible with just a hec editor.

2) This one is easier. You open up the script in XSE or PKSV and go to your first offset. You will have to have a hex <-> command structure reference for this (there is one in XSE if you hit F1) and you can follow each command and how many bytes it uses to see where the script is.

Hmmm.... Okay. :P

So how about this one?

Does something like this exist in a clean FR ROM?
Code:
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA @offset

I was digging up Chaos Rush's Hack; DarkViolet and I came across it. I'm confused if it exists in the game itself because if not, XSE's not going to accept it right? (Or just replace it with nop right?)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019

So how about this one?

Code:

I was digging up Chaos Rush's Hack; DarkViolet and I came across it. I'm confused if it exists in the game itself because if not, XSE's not going to accept it right? (Or just replace it with nop right?)

XSE will accept it. it needs a special 0x113 or something before the command and another special after the command. Just make sure to return the camera to the centre of the hero.

The commands can come from clean ruby roms as well remember.

karatekid552

Years

So how about this one?

Code:

You know how the player is 0xFF? The camera can be moved using 0x7F.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Oh, oh, oh. That would require a little ASM to check if the "b" button is pressed on the screen and to go back to the selection screen.

Rather than ASM, is it possible to modify the script to use multichoice number 1 (Yes/No, commonly used in the Pokémon Center) instead of yesnobox or msg_yesno or whatever? Then I can make a new compare 0x7F statement to go back to the previous script offset.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
You know how the player is 0xFF? The camera can be moved using 0x7F.

So I wont need something like custom ASM, custom special or anything like he said?

XSE will accept it. it needs a special 0x113 or something before the command and another special after the command. Just make sure to return the camera to the centre of the hero.

The commands can come from clean ruby roms as well remember.

karatekid552

Years
So I wont need something like custom ASM, custom special or anything like he said?

Nope, just a regular applymovement script.

Rather than ASM, is it possible to modify the script to use multichoice number 1 (Yes/No, commonly used in the Pokémon Center) instead of yesnobox or msg_yesno or whatever? Then I can make a new compare 0x7F statement to go back to the previous script offset.

You could, if the intro was a script. As far as I know, the intro is ASM that calls scripting commmands by their routines or it is a routine that calls short scripts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Okay so I put in a script that gave my player the aurora ticket and mystery ticket. I've been reading that you have to enter cheat codes to get them to work. I was really hoping that isn't the only way to get them to work as I've worked them around a center axis in my story line. Thanks everyone also for the great help I've gotten here!

karatekid552

Years
Okay so I put in a script that gave my player the aurora ticket and mystery ticket. I've been reading that you have to enter cheat codes to get them to work. I was really hoping that isn't the only way to get them to work as I've worked them around a center axis in my story line. Thanks everyone also for the great help I've gotten here!

You just need to clear/set a flag (I can't remember which). Look through the flag lists in my flags, vars, and script tiles tutorial and you should find how to deal with them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Can you use the same person ID for multiple people? For example, if I wanted to make multiple people disappear at once could I use the same flag to hide/show them?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
You just need to clear/set a flag (I can't remember which). Look through the flag lists in my flags, vars, and script tiles tutorial and you should find how to deal with them.

What do you mean by these?

If Flags 0x84A and 0x84B are cleared, the Vermilion City dockworker won't even bother checking for the MysticTicket and AuroraTicket, respectively. You won't be able to use them. I don't know what sets or clears these flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back