• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Favorite Challenge III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Whoop! Thank you Necrum \o/

So, I get Serperior, Scolipede, Lairon, Breloom, Gallade and Chandelure

Guess I'll get started by going to look for eggs to get a Shroomish and Ralts.
----------------------------

Update#1
Spoiler:

Update#2
Been playing much during server maintenance downtimes on other games. Trying not to go off and catch everything in the dex.
So currently I'm making my way through the Reversal Mountain. I've had more or less fun.
Always having a heart attack when my Rival shows up and I don't remember if he's there to challenge me. His fire pig and poultry are my weaknesses. ;_;
Anyhow. I visited the Abandoned house and Mistralton Cave for items and grinding.
Only missing one party member anymore which I sadly noticed I can only get after Hall of Fame. So...I guess I'll probably be backtracking a few times after sending over an egg and starting to train up. Also am I allowed to pass along during that a Dawn Stone? Since I can't apparently get it until Dreamyard (can't get to black City even though I'd have the tower key).

Team:
Verde / Serperior
lvl 44 | Sassy
Coil | Leaf Blade | Giga Drain | Return

Absolem / Scolipede
lvl 42 | Adamant
Rock Slide | Bulldoze | Megahorn | Protect

Shuyin / Breloom
lvl 44 | Quirky
Seed Bomb | Force Palm | Thunder Punch | Return

Lumiere / Chandelure
lvl 41 | Modest
Shadow Ball | Flame Burst | Energy Ball | Confuse Ray

Jiyan / Kirlia
lvl 39 | Naughty
Psychic | Heal Pulse | Magical Leaf | Teleport

Egg ?

Last edited:
Years
Ok, so that would give me: Espeon, Yanmega, Arcanine, Gliscor, Blaziken, and Archeops.

It looks like I will have to trade in a Yanma, Torchic, and Archen. Unfortunately, I can't get Yanma or Archen until I beat the game :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Derrick, instead of Yanma and Archen, pick something else that's on your Bug and Rock list to replace them. :) The challenge would be over by the time you can get them, assuming you can't trade. So yeah. ~

Rewy

untitled follower
Years

Anyhow. I visited the Abandoned house and Mistralton Cave for items and grinding.
Only missing one party member anymore which I sadly noticed I can only get after Hall of Fame. So...I guess I'll probably be backtracking a few times after sending over an egg and starting to train up. Also am I allowed to pass along during that a Dawn Stone? Since I can't apparently get it until Dreamyard (can't get to black City even though I'd have the tower key).

After I had that posted I realised that I can get an Aron in Mistralton Cave (I had gone through it with repel on, because all the encounters in a dark cave without flash). Welp... So I went back there to catch one instead of trading over and egg. I'm still curious about that Dawn Stone. ~_~ I traded one over and used it sort of because there's really no other way on getting one unless you Coil a lot on the GTS to level up that Avenue and having great luck...

I got caught up with the plasma-freezer and am trying to decide who to pit against the Shadow Triad. All these Ice pokemon everywhere were killing my poor team.
Thankfully so many Moomoo milks were used... There should be a medal for that.

Team:
Verde / Serperior
lvl 49 | Sassy
Coil | Leaf Blade | Giga Drain | Return

Absolem / Scolipede
lvl 47 | Adamant
Rock Slide | Bulldoze | Megahorn | Protect

Shuyin / Breloom
lvl 46 | Quirky
Seed Bomb | Force Palm | Thunder Punch | Return

Lumiere / Chandelure
lvl 48 | Modest
Shadow Ball | Flame Burst | Energy Ball | Confuse Ray

Jiyan / Gallade
lvl 49 | Naughty
Leaf Blade | Dual Chop | Psycho Cut | X-scissor

Sandrock / Lairon (NFE fave) *holding everstone*
lvl 43 | Jolly
Iron Head | Rock Slide| Dig | Protect​

Years
Derrick, instead of Yanma and Archen, pick something else that's on your Bug and Rock list to replace them. :) The challenge would be over by the time you can get them, assuming you can't trade. So yeah. ~

Can I not trade eggs for them? I've already done that for the 3 pokemon I can't get. I know the rule says I can only trade if I can't get them in the game at all, but does that mean I can't trade if they are available in the aftergame?

EDIT: OK, I reread the rule, and I see what you mean. I have decided to replace Yanmega with Galvantula and Archeops with Aggron

Last edited:

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Fun fact about Aggron - it can Surf. O-o Even though it has horrible Sp.Atk it's just hilarious to see it use that... A floating steel-rock thing.

Mini update:

Starting my treck to the Victory Road... passage... cave thing. At least it's better than in the first games. That cave with all the Durant was annoying.​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Can I not trade eggs for them? I've already done that for the 3 pokemon I can't get. I know the rule says I can only trade if I can't get them in the game at all, but does that mean I can't trade if they are available in the aftergame?

EDIT: OK, I reread the rule, and I see what you mean. I have decided to replace Yanmega with Galvantula and Archeops with Aggron

You can trade in eggs. When you said you weren't able to get them, I felt like you implied you had no way to trade, so I apologize for the confusion. You can trade them or go with what you swapped them for if you'd like, since that was my mistake for misunderstanding.

Years
You can trade in eggs. When you said you weren't able to get them, I felt like you implied you had no way to trade, so I apologize for the confusion. You can trade them or go with what you swapped them for if you'd like, since that was my mistake for misunderstanding.

I'll just go back to Yanmega and Archeops to keep with the spirit of the challenge.

Update #1:

- Sped through everything with Oshawott before getting the C-Gear.
- Traded in Torchic, Archen, and Yanma eggs
- Ran around for a while till Torchic and Yanma hatched
- Nicknamed Torchic Moegami and Yanmega Yanbon
- Trained them both up to Lv. 10
- Went ahead to Virbank City, and finally my Archen hatched!
- Nicknamed Archen Charche
- Caught a Growlithe in Virbank Complex, and nicknamed it Lithero
- Fought the 2 normal trainers in Virbank Gym
- Went and evolved Moegami, then started catching Yanbon and Charche up

Years
Thank you very much! For both the list and the compliment! That make my team:
ludicolo.png
eelektross.png
glaceon.png
ferrothorn.png
sawsbuck.png
ariados.png

1. Ludicolo
2. Eelektross
3. Glaceon
4. Ferrothorn
5. Sawsbuck
6. Ariados

Not too bad a team, I'm guessing I can catch the pre-evolutions of these Pokemon, as long as I evolve them as soon as I can?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not too bad a team, I'm guessing I can catch the pre-evolutions of these Pokemon, as long as I evolve them as soon as I can?

Yes, you can catch the pre-evos of course. And you don't have to evolve them ASAP, but as long as you beat the champion with those, you're good. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Name: Polymus 1
Game: Blaze Black

Can I please ask for a fire type???

Sydian, please give me some types so I can try this

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ice, Dark, Normal, Poison, Fire, Bug. Have fun! Please remember not to double post to get my attention btw. I was asleep during the time you signed up and such. :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Ice, Dark, Normal, Poison, Fire, Bug
THANKS, and sorry
that leaves me with a team of
Abomasnow, Sharpedo, Swellow, Toxicroak, Infernape and Shedinja
Thanks Again
P1

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Been looking for my savefile but it seems I lost it.
I want to give this a shot again. Gonna finish it this time :D

User: h0tshot1025
Game: White 2

I already have a roster but since I'm starting over, I should get new ones. XD

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I get Infernape, Magnezone, Leavanny, Lapras, Porygon – Z, Drapion

I guess I'll trade over a Chimchar and trade over a Porygon @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back