• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Converting MIDI Files to 8-bit tunes!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Here is something I recently discovered that can help with your games. This is very useful and converts to a .wav file (BTW, .wav is supported by RMXP). So, let's get started!

Step 1) Find a MIDI file!

This one is both easy and hard at the same time. For the most part, you can just google the song in MIDI format and there will be a result. But some don't show up, as I saw. I will be using the Attack on Titan opening for this tutorial.

8bit1_zps25734841.png

Step 2) Download GXSCC

This one is a bit tricky, as it's a Japanese program. The program is in English, but the website is not. To download, click here: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/8700/P/GsorigE.htm

8bit2_zps98fcfa9f.png

Step 3) Drag the MIDI over GXSCC

As simple as it says. It takes a whopping two seconds.

8bit3_zps340268f0.png

Step 4) Exporting it to a .wav

This part is easier than it sounds. All you have to do is click the "Authoring" button in between Pause and Config.

8bit4_zps739d0a93.png

Step 5) ???

Step 6) Profit!

BTW, here are the song downloads:

MIDI download

Finished Product

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
No. No. No. No.

This is the WORST kind of 8Bit, it's not even real, you'd be better off usuing NES soundfonts in FL Studio, and rendering it to a .mp3 and it will sound somewhat better quality than, GXSCC.

Seriously though, apologies if this sound round, but GXSCC is bad. :l

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
It sounds fine to me, and FL Studio costs money. :/

It's really just personal preference, though.

Edit: After thinking about it, I should've put chiptek instead of 8-bit...

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
There's a free version of FL studio, from what I've seen, it's not different to paying.

GXSCC may sound like chiptune/8bit, but thge instruments are not functioned correctly, making it slightly out of 8bit standard.

Back