• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
In the latest episode, Kukui hinted he may plan to establish the Alola League, similar to how he did in the games. If Ash reaches the League with only the current four Pokemon of his Alola Team, he could potentially bring back some of his older Pokemon like he did in the Sinnoh League.

I mean, who'd love to see some of Ash's very forgotten Unova team get a chance to shine?

If there is Pokemon league in Alola then the Gyms will also return right?

Years
If there is Pokemon league in Alola then the Gyms will also return right?

No, the latest US/UM trailer confirmed trials are staying. What it means is that this Alola League will probably play out as a tournament-style thing, similar to the other leagues at the end of their respective sagas.

Last edited:
Years
No, the latest US/UM trailer confirmed trials are staying. What it means is that this Alola League will probably play out as a tournament-style thing, similar to the other leagues at the end of their respective sagas.

What about the badges?
I just saw SM 43 today again with subs and in that principal Oak is telling professor Kukui that they should think of some badges.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 21, 2017
Don't look at the video if you don't want to be spoiled. According to this video, if it is right.

Spoiler:
The magazine also had a page that showed Popplio's evolutions but it also showed that TR's Bewear can evolve from Stufful except Bewear has already evolved and I very much doubt that we will see a flashback of how it was before it evolved, so I'm pretty sure that the magazine is just showing what they can potentially evolve to not that they will evolve into them.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I do hope Rowlet evolves. Ash has only Two fully evolved grass starter. Time for another in my opinion.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have just recently watched the second grand trial for Ash and I think he is going to get demolished by Nanu on Ula'Ula when they first battle.

I think during the second battle or right before the second battle, Litten will evolve into Torracat if it hasn't by then because it will be up against Alolan Persian.

Years
I have just recently watched the second grand trial for Ash and I think he is going to get demolished by Nanu on Ula'Ula when they first battle.

I think during the second battle or right before the second battle, Litten will evolve into Torracat if it hasn't by then because it will be up against Alolan Persian.

I do hope Ash loses a Grand Trial soon, because I am annoyed at him being a Gary Stu at the moment in that he seems to beat every trial so easily. It's clearly one thing that turned me off from SM.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I definitely hope Ash focuses on building up his current team with an evolution or two over the next few episodes. After that, I'm getting a strong a feeling that Passimian, Minior and Jangmo-o could be potential future team members.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Since we now know what pokemon will be in USUM, this is now my prediction of what teams will look like. I am gonna give everyone at least 3 pokemon. Ash and Gladion will have 6.

Please be aware that this may contain spoilers for USUM. This is also going by a new sets of Z-Stones based on characters. That may and may not be accurate. These are also just random guesses on most and what I would like to see.

Ash:
Spoiler:

Lillie:
Spoiler:

Gladion:
Spoiler:

Lana:
Spoiler:

Mallow:
Spoiler:

Sophocles:
Spoiler:

Kiawe:
Spoiler:

That is what I think and want. As I said, most of these are wild guesses. Some are based on what we have learned. And some are just what I would want to see.

Also note, they don't have to be evolved. Just in the family of pokemon.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Since we now know what pokemon will be in USUM, this is now my prediction of what teams will look like. I am gonna give everyone at least 3 pokemon. Ash and Gladion will have 6.

Please be aware that this may contain spoilers for USUM. This is also going by a new sets of Z-Stones based on characters. That may and may not be accurate. These are also just random guesses on most and what I would like to see.

Ash:
Spoiler:

Lillie:
Spoiler:

Gladion:
Spoiler:

Lana:
Spoiler:

Mallow:
Spoiler:

Sophocles:
Spoiler:

Kiawe:
Spoiler:

That is what I think and want. As I said, most of these are wild guesses. Some are based on what we have learned. And some are just what I would want to see.

Not bad choices but what about Lapras for Lana and Charizard for Kiawe? I know they?re Rider Pokemon but they can still fight. I?m also leaning towards Eevee remaining a Normal Type. Reason why is because Lillie doesn?t like her Pokemon to evolve if she finds them cute just the way they are(Ex: her argument with her mother over Clefairy).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Not bad choices but what about Lapras for Lana and Charizard for Kiawe? I know they?re Rider Pokemon but they can still fight. I?m also leaning towards Eevee remaining a Normal Type. Reason why is because Lillie doesn?t like her Pokemon to evolve if she finds them cute just the way they are(Ex: her argument with her mother over Clefairy).

The main reason I haven't included Charizard and Lapras is because I haven't seen them fight, or don't recall them fighting. I was thinking about including them, but I wasn't sure if they were more of a family pokemon or their own pokemon.

Years

Ash:
Spoiler:

Lillie:
Spoiler:

Gladion:
Spoiler:

Lana:
Spoiler:

Mallow:
Spoiler:

Sophocles:
Spoiler:

Kiawe:
Spoiler:

Drampa doesn't seem to be an Ash type Pokemon, so I would prefer Kommo-o instead of Drampa. Rest is ok but I feel the girls should have 1more gen -7 / an Alolan version of old Pokemons in their 3 Pokemons.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
There is no way Lillie is gonna have or control Mew. The only pokemon she should have is vulpix. Of course vulpix barely has any development so lillie having it is pointless.

As for Ash, i can only see him with four or five in his team. Cosmog does not count since it is not own by him. Ash will never have a legendary as far as i can see.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With Ash's 5th and 6th pokemon still not heard of yet, what do you guys think about possibly Ash catch a Poipole? Yeah it is an Ultra Beast and it evolves, but it isn't as strong as other UBs and is about even with a fully evolved 3 stage pokemon.

I still think he will catch a Passimian since we have yet to see one in the anime as far as I know, but perhaps Poipole is one of his 2 remaining pokemon? Not to mention, as far as I have read anyway, Poipole is a very popular pokemon.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
So... um...

Is no one going to mention that in the latest CoroCoro pic posted on Serebii.net about the next arc the Sun and Moon anime is going into (which is clearly a Power Rangers rip-off)...

That one of the pokemon is clearly Torracat?

Looks like a Litten evolution is coming...

Just saying... =/

The fact that I was the first to mention/notice/post this kind of astounds me honestly...

o_O

Back