• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

staffness on pc

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've always wanted to be a PC moderator.

Not because I wanted to a part of some clique, but because I genuinely was interested in the position. I really wanted to help make PC a better place and monitor my own sections. I'm just the type of person that enjoys keeping things organized and in order. Being a part of the staff team and the perks would just be an added bonus. I've been a moderator on other forums, but PC is a forum that is very special to me because I have a lot of memories here - so being a moderator here would just be fulfilling to me.

You could say I accomplished my goal with being on the social team I suppose, but if the opportunity came to be an actual moderator I would love to do it for the reasons I previously stated.

Last edited:
Years
I've always wanted to be a PC moderator.

Not because I wanted to a part of some clique, but because I genuinely was interested in the position. I really wanted to help make PC a better place and monitor my own sections. I'm just the type of person that enjoys keeping things organized and in order. Being a part of the staff team and the perks would just be an added bonus. I've been a moderator on other forums, but PC is a forum that is very special to me because I have a lot of memories here - so being a moderator here would just be fulfilling to me.

You could say I accomplished my goal with being on the social team I suppose, but if the opportunity came to be an actual moderator I would love to do it for the reasons I previously stated.

Time to get into trading.

Years
To be honest I never even noticed the names being bold until this thread.

I do like how the staff joins in on threads here, usually always makes a forum better when that happens.

TY

Juno would send Charged Devilsaur after me if I do. I am not interested in this trade agreement

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I never really join forums with the intentions of being staff ever. PC was no different it sorta just happened lmao.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
When I joined, the staff team were definitely a clique but over time it's gotten a lot better for sure. From memory it's now about 3 years since I first had a (very brief) stint on SMT but definitely enjoyed my time in different staff roles. Being involved with the GT last year and seeing a lot of change on SMT and Daily were some pretty big highlights.

I'm a pretty laidback and relaxed guy but with internal staff matters I know I was a bit...abrasive just because my working style was a lot different to other people's. That said I did have a lot of fun while it lasted. :)

Years
I used to always view mods as that cool kids club that was very hard to earn the respect of, especially since I had a tarnished image when I first joined, and when a higher-up on staff abused his power and slapped me in 2012 for "plagiarism" (all because I was using a similar avatar to someone), I got outright scared of mods for years. I once had aspirations to become a staff member here, but after three attempts to try and sign up for Social Media staff and getting knocked back every time, I knew I just wasn't destined to be a staff member at all so I gave up that aspiration completely. My activity lately also has been on a slight decline, though I rather blame that on Pokemon moving to the Switch which I have no plan to get anytime soon.

At least I should still be proud for probably having the biggest postcount of anyone who has never been a staff member.

Last edited:
Years
I took a six-week DLoA and came back a week ago, and during that time it just felt weird to not be on staff every time I looked at PC. Then I have to think back, it's been almost five years since I've first been on staff, so of course my view of PC staff is going to be different to that of a member's.

Years
I took a six-week DLoA and came back a week ago, and during that time it just felt weird to not be on staff every time I looked at PC. Then I have to think back, it's been almost five years since I've first been on staff, so of course my view of PC staff is going to be different to that of a member's.

I actually thought not seeing bold blue on your name was weird too. Then again, that's what happens with someone who has been on staff for so long. That reminds me, next Sunday is your mod anniversary too.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
It took me approximately two weeks to become some form of staff here (battle server drivers) after I joined, and up until last late year I had almost always been there or thereabouts during my active periods on this site, so I was pretty much always in touch with the staff community. When I joined PC, I had already earned auth on another, larger battling server, so the whole concept of "staffiness" was never really that unfamiliar to me.

Getting forum staff, from a practical perspective, was something else though. I had always wanted to see what it was like to moderate something as slow-paced and unique as a forum when I had been so used to policing fast-paced chats with tens of people active in them at any one time, and I found the experience pleasurable. It was also nice to be able to help shape the part of the battling community that probably got the lion's share of traffic.

Last edited:
Back