• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
I have AshGray 3.0.3 and I'm having an issue with Bill's Lighthouse. Once you're inside, the stairs don't appear properly. The upper right tile of the stairs shows, but just looks like a different background. There's no way out. I want to upgrade to 3.6.1, but I'm worried I'm gonna have to start everything over. Any help? Apologies if this has been asked already.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Can you explain to me how you do that with Advance Map, sounds interesting and could be very useful?

Open up the map on Advance Map and put in grass (If there isn't any reachable) and then change the wild pokemon stats to any 1 pokemon you want (Don't forget to change back afterwards). Then save. AAfterward, open it up on YAPE and select the pokemon you placed in that area. Then just switch it's held item to anything you need/want. for example: Raft, MasterBall, TM01. Then catch it, remove it's item and it's yours! (Undoing any changes isn't nessesary, but I always do it, even when I do it purely 'cause I'm stuck.)

Years
I did.
For what i could see in videos, team rocket doesn't apperar to me in the way to victory road.
Now I am positive you missed some events. There is an event in Celadon city, Viridian City, 3-4 events in west kanto (elite Bruno, Gengar, Lights camera quacktion, Team rocket) events. Have you done them all. Also please try to do them in anime way:classic:

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I did.
For what i could see in videos, team rocket doesn't apperar to me in the way to victory road.

alienhunter is right you missed some events after mewtwo event you fight team rocket before you enter the victory road becouse they steal some badges and then you enter to victory

I got all the badges and when I go to the league, there is a guard telling that the event hasn't started yet and that I should come back later.
I don't know what I missed :/

and after mewtwo you must go to do 2 events in the mountains bruno event but you first talk to your mother after the evetn with gengar and alakazam

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
Thank you, guys.
You mean the ancient Genger and Alakazam? (starring Jylglypuff :P) I did that, the giant Onix, too.
I don't think that I cant go the the league because I kept the Eevee and made it evolve to Jolteon :P .. I should try getting a new eevee to give that guy back :/

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Open up the map on Advance Map and put in grass (If there isn't any reachable) and then change the wild pokemon stats to any 1 pokemon you want (Don't forget to change back afterwards). Then save. AAfterward, open it up on YAPE and select the pokemon you placed in that area. Then just switch it's held item to anything you need/want. for example: Raft, MasterBall, TM01. Then catch it, remove it's item and it's yours! (Undoing any changes isn't nessesary, but I always do it, even when I do it purely 'cause I'm stuck.)

You´re the man. That´s awesome, thank you very much :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2012
Does anyone know, why the phone outside the dark cave isn't ringing to start the misty mermaid event?
I've searched this thread and seen some posts talking about the issue but haven't find an answer.

Also, I've seen some videos on youtube and sometimes it appears as if it's night time, is there a reason why in my game that doesn't happen?

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Does anyone know, why the phone outside the dark cave isn't ringing to start the misty mermaid event?
I've searched this thread and seen some posts talking about the issue but haven't find an answer.

Also, I've seen some videos on youtube and sometimes it appears as if it's night time, is there a reason why in my game that doesn't happen?

You need to have the Real Time Clock enabled on your emulator.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
I could go to Poke league!
I went back to Prof Oaks and took the pokemon I left there for leveling up and then I came across the guy with Marokwa.
I have just finished th epoke league :)

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I couldn't battle him because "I arrived late" :P
So I lost :(
But that's Ok, that's what happened in the Anime, right?

You need to have a Flying Pokémon with you like Pidgeot because you will use it and arrive late and not at 100% to battle Richie.
And I think I had to lose since only then the event with Oak and Mom happens at Pallet Town(or am I wrong here).
Does someone know how I can activate the Misty Mermaid event?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
You need to have a Flying Pokémon with you like Pidgeot because you will use it and arrive late and not at 100% to battle Richie.
And I think I had to lose since only then the event with Oak and Mom happens at Pallet Town(or am I wrong here).
Does someone know how I can activate the Misty Mermaid event?

Oh, I didn't know that.
I always use a lot of savestates so I could go back to my 4th battle and now I'm playng the Stadium. thank you!

Years
Hey, guys! Does anyone know how I can get a raft again? I forgot to battle Pikachu back in the Pi-Kahuna event and now the Bad to the Bone event won't activate. And seeing as my raft gets destroyed soon after, I have no way to go back to Seafoam Islands.

I really don't want to start the game all over again. :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
Hey, guys! Does anyone know how I can get a raft again? I forgot to battle Pikachu back in the Pi-Kahuna event and now the Bad to the Bone event won't activate. And seeing as my raft gets destroyed soon after, I have no way to go back to Seafoam Islands.

I really don't want to start the game all over again. :(

You can do more or less what ROBO BOY said in the last page: open the ROM in YAPE, locate for example Spearow (which you can find in route 1) and select as Item 1 the raft. Save and then go to the game and catch a Spearow. It will have a raft as holding item. Or if you don't want to catch it, attack a spearow with the move Thief to steal its holding item.

b6VGx.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2012
why has the download file been removed i have been trying to download this game but i cant it just redirects me to download ilivid or imesh

Back