• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

depressed teams in your area

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
I literally made this team in about thirty seconds, and it performed reasonably well on PO, getting me to ~1350 before I got bored of laddering. Typical weatherless offense, I guess - not particularly bulky, but it can take hits I suppose.

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Generic "lead," I guess. Generally gets either a kill or two layers of hazards - sometimes both. I use Icy Wind because it's a fun move and there's nothing really comparable to lowering your opponent's team. Froslass functions as a (rather poor) spinblocker too due to its Ghost typing. Unfortunately, it can't really do anything when it comes to Tyranitar, but that's what most of the other members of my team are for, I guess?

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Low Sweep
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Thinking of running Jolly to outspeed Latios at -1. Anyway, generic priority abuser. I generally try not to Spore first-turn unless I feel it's absolutely necessary. I can usually revenge kill Starmie and Latios from ~30% if I honestly have to do that. Low Sweep is a pretty wonderful move because it slows things down for the other members of my team to weaken or kill. Spore incapacitates one Pokemon on my opponent's team every game. Breloom is honestly one of my favorite Pokemon in the metagame, and I feel halfway ashamed of myself for not having used it earlier.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 148 HP / 176 Atk / 176 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Second priority user. Traps and kills Lati twins on the obvious DM; EVs are nice for some added special bulk, even at the cost of some physical bulk. I was thinking of running a set-up variant of this with Swords Dance / Bug Bite / Superpower / Bullet Punch, but eventually decided against it. U-turn is for momentum purposes, and it helps me do a number on my opponent's team.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Standard-issue Scarf Terrakion. Often just cleans up the mess that the rest of the team leaves. Basically just insurance against Volcarona and Dragonite to ensure that I don't automatically lose against them. I think this has become a staple on all of my teams. Considering Zen Headbutt for Toxicroak, which can be annoying at times. Earthquake for something might work, too - also thought of Hidden Power Ice for those goofy Garchomp.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Secondary U-turner. Between this, Scizor, and Breloom, Terrakion is never a problem unless it crits virtually every member of my team. Beats Garchomp, Scarf Salamence, Dragonite, and co. in the event that I absolutely have to use it. To be honest, I don't know how to EV this thing, but I like the immediate bulk this provides even though it comes at the cost of some power. Sets up Stealth Rock, checks a lot of the things that give this team trouble barring a crit. Probably the most replaceable member of this team, alongside Latias. If you think I should replace this, by all means, suggest something.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 16 Def / 216 SAtk / 16 SDef / 244 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus :: physical ::: Latias :: special. Essentially just an offensive pivot for this team and something to beat Scarf Keldeo and Rock Polish Landorus. Check to Venusaur and Agility Thundurus, but I might want or need more bulk because I don't think I survive a +2 Sludge Bomb with these EVs. Spikes and Stealth Rock support makes this set significantly better than it would otherwise be in my opinion. Really just for extra security; I don't feel safe without having Latias anymore.

Smart Latios and Latias will beat me one-on-one.
Well-played Dugtrio + Volc will have a good to decent shot at beating me in Sun, but otherwise loses, I think.
Gengar is problematic, but it can be played around well enough. Gengar + Magnezone seems like it would be awful, though, grateful that I haven't come across a team like that.
Naturally struggles with well-played Rain teams due to the noticeable lack of Water-resistances that aren't weak to Ice, so Specs Politoed is actually sort of an issue for this team if I don't play intelligently.

Thanks for reading!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Why is Landorus-T Relaxed? 91 Speed, while not good, isn't bad either. The preferred nature and EV spread for it is Adamant with 244 HP/56 Atk/200 Def.

What purpose does Latias' EV spread serve? Does that EV spread prevent it from being OHKOed/2HKOed by certain attacks? If not, just use 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe. Sure, this spread makes Latias face competition with Latios, but Latias' naturally higher special bulk than Latios sets it apart.

How do you come up with your EV spreads? Just wondering, since Scizor seems to be lacking in power here.

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Why is Landorus-T Relaxed? 91 Speed, while not good, isn't bad either. The preferred nature and EV spread for it is Adamant with 244 HP/56 Atk/200 Def.

What purpose does Latias' EV spread serve? Does that EV spread prevent it from being OHKOed/2HKOed by certain attacks? If not, just use 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe. Sure, this spread makes Latias face competition with Latios, but Latias' naturally higher special bulk than Latios sets it apart.

How do you come up with your EV spreads? Just wondering, since Scizor seems to be lacking in power here.

Hi! Thanks for responding.

EVs are for the most part random, I guess. I used an old specially defensive spread that was hip on Smogon in Latias-era 4th gen, which is... admittedly not the best way to go about choosing spreads, haha. It works fine for me, though, and the loss in power is hardly noticeable in comparison to the extra bulk the spread provides. I should probably use the standard 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd. I don't think you were referring to Froslass, Breloom, or Terrakion's spreads when you asked me how I come up with my EVs, but I usually just sort of rip them off of Smogon's forums, embarrassingly enough. Latias' EVs probably aren't that great - I really don't know, I was just tinkering around with them, I think - so I'll try yours or the standard 72 HP / 252 Spd / 184 SAtk, I guess.

Landorus-T is Relaxed so as not to mitigate its Special Attack, but I guess for the most part it's unnecessary since it's hitting everything for which it uses Hidden Power Ice x4 effectively, so I guess I don't have much of a reason not to change it to the standard spread (additionally, I'm quite fond of slow U-turns).

Thanks for your input! (:

Back