• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
This time I wanted to remake Mimikyu
hi manga! i do appreciate the effort you put in, but Mimikyu is one of the sprites that have no problems :) so there's no need to remake it. besides, the proportions of the original are already good and accurate. as for the ears, it's not actually a problem because Mimikyu's ears actually bend

I think the feather makes it difficult to properly sprite this one...
Honestly, I think the problem is with the width
I actually had plans on making a new Decidueye sprite because a few months ago i realized the width was the problem, like megax stated, but i didn't get to do it cuz i didint have time and i hate spriting decidueye xD but i'll get to it today, since i'm done with oricorio:

t2leY0E.png

tqH1k93.png

T8omORm.png

XmR0lHc.png

btw i wanna qc midnight lycanroc's backsprite and grubbin's front & shinies
2pdSdN5.png

VVsScrW.png

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I actually had plans on making a new Decidueye sprite because a few months ago i realized the width was the problem, like megax stated, but i didn't get to do it cuz i didint have time and i hate spriting decidueye xD but i'll get to it today, since i'm done with oricorio:

t2leY0E.png

tqH1k93.png

T8omORm.png

XmR0lHc.png

These are awesome! Will be posted in the next update...

leparagon

speed and quality
Years

hi jaeger! actually, i like your bruxish sprite a lot. hope you don't mind but i'm gonna use it for MrDollSteak's project where we add a second frame to pokemon sprites. i'm working on gen 7 pokemon and i think your bruxish would be very useful. i think i might use your kartana as well :)

These are awesome! Will be posted in the next update...

i forgot to mention but oricorio pom-pom's front sprite was resized from the sprites we made at the Smogon project. princessofmusic made the front and falgaia qc'd it a bit. i just resized it. everything else i scratch sprited tho

also here's decidueye. i made 3 but i think the 3rd one is the most viable candidate
Tsf6TL8.png
i made this from scratch with blaziken's proportions but it seems like it doesn't work so well because of decidueye's pose and the angle of its head. not happy with it
qMXrV2r.png
i used the head from my DA sprite (which falgaia qc'd) and the right wing of the old sprite and a bit of the first sprite. still not happy with it
dYYdlsw.png
i got annoyed so i just resized zerudez's decidueye front sprite and made some parts from scratch. i think it works better because of the angle of the head. i think it's as good as we can get
backsprites are scratched with screenshots as reference

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
i forgot to mention but oricorio pom-pom's front sprite was resized from the sprites we made at the Smogon project. princessofmusic made the front and falgaia qc'd it a bit. i just resized it. everything else i scratch sprited tho

also here's decidueye. i made 3 but i think the 3rd one is the most viable candidate
Tsf6TL8.png
i made this from scratch with blaziken's proportions but it seems like it doesn't work so well because of decidueye's pose and the angle of its head. not happy with it
qMXrV2r.png
i used the head from my DA sprite (which falgaia qc'd) and the right wing of the old sprite and a bit of the first sprite. still not happy with it
1Lc56p3.png
i got annoyed so i just resized zerudez's decidueye front sprite and made some parts from scratch. i think it works better because of the angle of the head. i think it's as good as we can get
backsprites are scratched with screenshots as reference

Thanks for the info about Oricorio! And about the Decidueye, for me the 2nd or 3rd can be used... Z-nogyroP, what do you think? Others can give their insights as well...

haimon_99

SupaHabil
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
Thanks for the info about Oricorio! And about the Decidueye, for me the 2nd or 3rd can be used... Z-nogyroP, what do you think? Others can give their insights as well...
I personally think that the 2nd one is better cuz the 3rd just again, too short

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
I personally think that the 2nd one is better cuz the 3rd just again, too short

actually haimon, gotta disagree with you this time. I always compare the sizes when i sprite and I'm super sure the 2nd one looks smaller than the 3rd. I compared both to incineroar, primarina, and the starters from gen 1-6 project. the third decidueye looks bigger than all the starter final evolutions. the second one just looks super scrawny compared to the others

my honest opinion at this point (especially since decidueye is the last sprite we have to do) I think that you guys are focusing on the height of decidueye too much. the old one, yeah it really was too small because it wasn't resized properly. I also compared it to incineroar, primarina, and other starters, it really does look disproportionatel small

the new one, I think it's a nitpick at this point if we talk about the height. especially since there are lots of other starters that look smaller than the new decidueye sprite. plus if we cant decide on these sprites then decidueye is basically impossible. we're gonna have to learn to settle with the height

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
yeah, agreed with leparagon here. the third sprite is the best of the three. the height is really minor, and honestly it doesn't even look much shorter than the second. i say go with the third. i do particularly like the right wing on the second sprite though (our left) but i think the third sprite is pretty much ideal as it is.

like, look at them side-by-side with primarina:
unknown.png

unknown.png

the third one looks so much better. the second one look shrunken, comparatively.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hello~ I know I'm not someone who really contributes here to say anything but, doesn't the current Decidueye backsprites have their white spots too big?

And I know you're all for "static" poses but I thought I'll give Decidueye a try. Here:
xz1kZYM.png

I based this on Decidueye's Dream World and Pokken Tournament DX Artwork but I bent his legs so it'll be like he swoops in and waves his wing (cape) around like Batman. :D I also kinda used this threads current Inceneroar sprite to proportionate the height.

I'll try to create a static one too if this doesn't fit your standards. I'll also try and improve leparagon's sprite. I'm kinda not all for the wings of his third one. Also, I think his wings (cloak, cape) should be longer contrary to what is already presented. :/

Last edited:

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
And I know you're all for "static" poses but I thought I'll give Decidueye a try. Here:
xz1kZYM.png

I based this on Decidueye's Dream World and Pokken Tournament DX Artwork but I bent his legs so it'll be like he swoops in and waves his wing (cape) around like Batman. :D I also kinda used this threads current Inceneroar sprite to proportionate the height.

I'll try to create a static one too if this doesn't fit your standards. I'll also try and improve leparagon's sprite. I'm kinda not all for the wings of his third one. Also, I think his wings (cloak, cape) should be longer contrary to what is already presented. :/

dont worry man, ive seen you contribute here before and anyone's help is always welcome. that pose is too dynamic and makes decidueye look way too small, which is why i didn't go for it tbh. and don't worry about the length of the wings, it's negligible especially for the way we're handling decidueye for GBA. as for improving the wings, go ahead. i actually felt off about them but i was tired and i've expressed before how much i hate spriting decidueye for 64x64 (even tho i like its design lmao) so I didnt fix the wing anymore lmao

anyway as for the rest of the pokemon, since we're virtually done with the mons, i'm going back and looking through which of the sprites need qc and which need DS palettes, i'll keep a list of it and talk to darkdragon

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
dont worry man, ive seen you contribute here before and anyone's help is always welcome. that pose is too dynamic and makes decidueye look way too small, which is why i didn't go for it tbh. and don't worry about the length of the wings, it's negligible especially for the way we're handling decidueye for GBA. as for improving the wings, go ahead. i actually felt off about them but i was tired and i've expressed before how much i hate spriting decidueye for 64x64 (even tho i like its design lmao) so I didnt fix the wing anymore lmao

anyway as for the rest of the pokemon, since we're virtually done with the mons, i'm going back and looking through which of the sprites need qc and which need DS palettes, i'll keep a list of it and talk to darkdragon
Thought so. :/

Well, here's my second go at it.

N6ZDK5m.png

I edited le_paragon's sprites. As to why and how I ended up with that; I kinda see Decidueye (my fave Pokémon of Gen VII) as a slender, human-like creature. So I "un-floofed" his wings so make him a lot slender based off of the SM models. Then, another defining feature of Decidueye for me is his feather on his head so I didn't want the idea to fold it backwards and made it stand out a little more. Doing so would mean I had to shorten his legs so I bent his legs a little, like in my first sprite. Also made his claws sharper. Had to shorten the leaves on his hood so as not to make it look like hair. Made the spots on his backsprites smaller. :/

I do recommend qc on the sprite and maybe making the wingcloak (yes, it's a word for Decidueye now) a little longer to match his models?

Sorry for the long post. I tend to blabber a lot. :(

EDIT: I also suggest trying to spread one of his wings. :/ I'd try to do so but I just can't seem to make it right. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
unknown.png

a comparison of the new decidueye sprite vs the other one

to be honest, they both look perfectly good. the puffier one is more dynamic, i think, but that can be taken as a good or bad thing. they look kind of like they could be a two-frame animation the way emerald has.

i would probably just suggest keeping both and making one an alt sprite. that would let people pick whichever they like better. if we have to pick one, i think i prefer the thinner one, but i like both.

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
unknown.png

a comparison of the new decidueye sprite vs the other one

to be honest, they both look perfectly good. the puffier one is more dynamic, i think, but that can be taken as a good or bad thing. they look kind of like they could be a two-frame animation the way emerald has.

i would probably just suggest keeping both and making one an alt sprite. that would let people pick whichever they like better. if we have to pick one, i think i prefer the thinner one, but i like both.

sorry yeah, i was super tired and pretty sleepy when i made mine and i've mentioned how much i hate spriting decidueye, so i never went back to correct the proportions xD the puffiness is kinda my default method when i sprite bird mons tbh so i accidentally puffed up the left wing too much. the right one was zerudez's though. the hood is also just a direct resize of zerudez's. he has this style sometimes of changing proportions for some mons. usually works out but i guess not for gba

also i disagree with keeping an alt sprite. starters don't really merit having an alt. let's scrap the one without qc

anyway yeah here are the edits Robin suggested as well as some more qc of his qc (one of the spots on the backsprite looked iffy, defined legs on front and fixed on antialias colour on his hood). really love your qc btw, worked out great!
pM5C9sz.png
oh god let this be the final one i dont wanna have to open decidueye sprites anymore

edit: here's something to further illustrate our point about the height not being a problem
SuU5XsC.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
sorry yeah, i was super tired and pretty sleepy when i made mine and i've mentioned how much i hate spriting decidueye, so i never went back to correct the proportions xD the puffiness is kinda my default method when i sprite bird mons tbh so i accidentally puffed up the left wing too much. the right one was zerudez's though. the hood is also just a direct resize of zerudez's. he has this style sometimes of changing proportions for some mons. usually works out but i guess not for gba

also i disagree with keeping an alt sprite. starters don't really merit having an alt. let's scrap the one without qc

anyway yeah here are the edits Robin suggested as well as some more qc of his qc (one of the spots on the backsprite looked iffy, defined legs on front and fixed on antialias colour on his hood). really love your qc btw, worked out great!
pM5C9sz.png
oh god let this be the final one i dont wanna have to open decidueye sprites anymore

edit: here's something to further illustrate our point about the height not being a problem
SuU5XsC.png
I edited once more, because I forgot to reduce puffiness of the backsprite.
fU8EvFg.png

Hopefully, my last edit on it. Really. We're getting tired of your s**t Decidueye. Hahaha. :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
If you can't beat them, join them. XD

w8BsHpO.png

Literally just took parts of the previous front sprites, joined them together, and tweaked the back a little, I also changed the palettes a bit.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
So, le_paragon and Z-nogyroP decided that the last version of Decidueye (by le_paragon, BlackWhiteRobin) posted by BlackWhiteRobin will be the one to be featured... I did not take part of the decision because it's really better to leave that matter to the spriters...

Please wait for further announcements regarding the next steps of this repository as we will try to deliberate stuffs... But for now, I would like to re-announce that we will be using DS-style palettes as the main colors instead of Sugimori-style, which will become a separate cluster in the future... Also, we will take care of the recoloring of the sprites... As of now, submission of all sprites is temporarily closed (except for Furfrou, Vivillon, Surfing and Flying Pikachu icons)...

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
So, le_paragon and Z-nogyroP decided that the last version of Decidueye (by le_paragon, BlackWhiteRobin) posted by BlackWhiteRobin will be the one to be featured... I did not take part of the decision because it's really better to leave that matter to the spriters...

Please wait for further announcements regarding the next steps of this repository as we will try to deliberate stuffs... But for now, I would like to re-announce that we will be using DS-style palettes as the main colors instead of Sugimori-style, which will become a separate cluster in the future... Also, we will take care of the recoloring of the sprites... As of now, submission of all sprites is temporarily closed (except for Furfrou, Vivillon, Surfing and Flying Pikachu icons)...

oh actually dude, i uploaded the furfrou formes before. they're on page 56. i put them under a collapsible window to save some space, but i guess that made them easier to miss. i'll reupload here right now:

2f5wQvp.png

OF5IO2t.png

ZLV7Tre.png

vMBV8a9.png

L8b7hHc.png

S3VhcXX.png

4eadKGI.png

AoSWU6d.png

bWTO2L2.png

all sprites used MrDollsteak's regular furfrou from the gen 6 thread as a base. i didn't use mine because i wanted to keep it uniform with the gen 6 thread's furfrou

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
oh actually dude, i uploaded the furfrou formes before. they're on page 56. i put them under a collapsible window to save some space, but i guess that made them easier to miss. i'll reupload here right now:

2f5wQvp.png

OF5IO2t.png

ZLV7Tre.png

vMBV8a9.png

L8b7hHc.png

S3VhcXX.png

4eadKGI.png

AoSWU6d.png

bWTO2L2.png

all sprites used MrDollsteak's regular furfrou from the gen 6 thread as a base. i didn't use mine because i wanted to keep it uniform with the gen 6 thread's furfrou

Yeah, I already saw them and are all accepted... I'm referring to the icons being open since they still have no icons...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
here's my version of flying pikachu
sWIq0xu.png

btw I can help with furfrou icons. i'll just sprite surfing pikachu tomorrow first

This is nice! We'll use this...

By the way, for those who are wondering why do we have a separate sprite for Flying and Surfing Pikachu, well that's because during the Gen. 1 and 2 era, both forms have different sprite representations in several mini-games and are usable in battle... Coincidentally, these forms are available in USUM games (but no separate sprite)...

Back