• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Going to hazard a guess here...did you remember to transfer the audio and battler folders to the new version? Sounds like that's the problem.

YEAH, that may be it, I couldn't find the post where that was mentioned and as such I forgot about it XP. I'll fix it tomarrow since I got some other stuff to do.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
YEAH, that may be it, I couldn't find the post where that was mentioned and as such I forgot about it XP. I'll fix it tomarrow since I got some other stuff to do.

I just tried out the latest version and it works fine so that's definitely it.

Note to anyone who might play right now: don't go to the Celadon department store rooftop! I went up there and got stuck in the doorway, had to go back to last save.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I downloaded the new version and there's no sound. Then I got this error when I challenged the rival.

Yeah, you need all three to start with.

Note to anyone who might play right now: don't go to the Celadon department store rooftop! I went up there and got stuck in the doorway, had to go back to last save.

Fixed, along with several other issues.

UPDATED. ALL THERE RARs NEEDED.

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Fixed, along with several other issues.

UPDATED. ALL THERE RARs NEEDED.

Splendid! Got one more for you :)

61PYixI.png

(Gift pokemon in Celadon)

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
From the sailer? It works for me. Party full? XP compatibility mode on?

EK6uPva.jpg

GaryFreakingOak

Years
From the sailer? It works for me. Party full? XP compatibility mode on?

EK6uPva.jpg

Yes and yes. However, I just tried again now and it works fine. Odd!

Edit: As for some actual feedback, the level curve could use some smoothing out. For example, every Rocket in Celadon has small teams of lvl 28-31 pokemon but Jessie and James come at you with a full team of 6 lvl ~38 pokemon, which caught me completely off guard. Gym/Rocket leaders should absolutely be much more difficult, but such a level disparity for most of the game makes for a very boring experience imo. I'm always consistently at least 5-8 levels ahead of the trainers in the area.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Yes and yes. However, I just tried again now and it works fine. Odd!

Edit: As for some actual feedback, the level curve could use some smoothing out. For example, every Rocket in Celadon has small teams of lvl 28-31 pokemon but Jessie and James come at you with a full team of 6 lvl ~38 pokemon, which caught me completely off guard. Gym/Rocket leaders should absolutely be much more difficult, but such a level disparity for most of the game makes for a very boring experience imo. I'm always consistently at least 5-8 levels ahead of the trainers in the area.

Are you using a full team of six? Could you upload your save for me?

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Are you using a full team of six? Could you upload your save for me?

Only 5 on the team atm, haven't decided on the 6th yet. I don't battle wild pokemon either.

Save.

Edit: Whoa, apparently accepting the gift Wartortle affected my Honedge. Check that moveset!

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Hm.

I'll look into levels. UPDATED, all three needed.

Rocket Hideout has cool items and computer logs now!

Route 1 has a great surprise.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
UPDATED. DEMO 1-2.RAR NEEDED. FIXES FOLLOWING POKEMON.

Ctrl now puts your Pokemon away. You should be able to use escape ropes with it away. Buy a few. :V

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
Hi, so I was playing the demo from several days ago, and since you said in the newer updates the save wouldn't be compatible, I started a new game after downloading the new files.

When I was in Red's room, there were a bunch of NPCs and Pokeballs outside the wall, and that didn't happen the first time I played the game. Everything works fine otherwise until I talk to Red's mother, at which point it shows this error;

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Hi, so I was playing the demo from several days ago, and since you said in the newer updates the save wouldn't be compatible, I started a new game after downloading the new files.

When I was in Red's room, there were a bunch of NPCs and Pokeballs outside the wall, and that didn't happen the first time I played the game. Everything works fine otherwise until I talk to Red's mother, at which point it shows this error;

Fixed, sorry about that.

UPDATED. DEMO 1-2.RAR NEEDED.

Thanks to Heaven Canceler for awesome beta work!

To clarify, I do not ensure save compatibility. they should work 99% of the time and I will not change existing plot flags.

But if I add a new one earlier, you won't have it on a old file.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
On my new game I really love how you went about the animated sprites, I wasn't sure if that was possible to emulate yet. Pokémon Reborn had a huge amount of trouble doing that for their game, though it is likely due to the size of that game compared to other fan games out there.

Also I got a question about Hidden Power when I find it; does it work like it does in gen 6, where they took out the random base power? My meaning is that from gen 2-5 the IVs didn't only determine type but also the strength of hidden power while gen 6 made it a base 60 move regardless of the IVs a pokemon has. Was that accomplished here? It would be nice if it was, a couple of fangames have done that for a while from what I saw such as the aforementioned Pokémon Reborn as well as a game by 4Chan called Pokémon Sage.

Also I have a recommendation for the rival's team with regards to the premise of re-balancing. Since I picked Bulbasaur the rival gets charmander. Assuming this wasn't already taken ito consideration, might it be possible to change his team once his starter evolves to Charizard? Specifically I mean take out Pidgeot and Gyarados and replace them with a different non-flying pokemon so there isn't type overlap with Chariard. It would help with making the final battle a bit more challenging. Plus the characters Blue and Gary (depending on which canon you follow) wouldn't make such a choice unless they were sure of what they were doing.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
On my new game I really love how you went about the animated sprites, I wasn't sure if that was possible to emulate yet. Pokémon Reborn had a huge amount of trouble doing that for their game, though it is likely due to the size of that game compared to other fan games out there.

Also I got a question about Hidden Power when I find it; does it work like it does in gen 6, where they took out the random base power? My meaning is that from gen 2-5 the IVs didn't only determine type but also the strength of hidden power while gen 6 made it a base 60 move regardless of the IVs a pokemon has. Was that accomplished here? It would be nice if it was, a couple of fangames have done that for a while from what I saw such as the aforementioned Pokémon Reborn as well as a game by 4Chan called Pokémon Sage.

Also I have a recommendation for the rival's team with regards to the premise of re-balancing. Since I picked Bulbasaur the rival gets charmander. Assuming this wasn't already taken ito consideration, might it be possible to change his team once his starter evolves to Charizard? Specifically I mean take out Pidgeot and Gyarados and replace them with a different non-flying pokemon so there isn't type overlap with Charizard. It would help with making the final battle a bit more challenging. Plus the characters Blue and Gary (depending on which canon you follow) wouldn't make such a choice unless they were sure of what they were doing.

All credit for the Battle Scene an dPokemon sprites goes to Luka S.J and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343665 . Thank him for releasing it to the public!

I use whatever Hidden Power PE does. I do not know which it uses. Given I don't really want to make breeding a large part of the game I don't think I will mess with Hidden Power much. :(

While the Charizard does currently have Pidgeot.... It's not a bad idea. Gyarados is no longer weak to electric however, you may want to check it out. {XD} Gary's team does vary greatly between starters. He has a completely different team for each one to make the game more replayable!

I thank you for taking the time to give a good amount of feedback! How have you enjoyed it so far? Is it too hard/grindy?

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
I actually tried this again with the updated files and the game crashed after talking to her, even after getting my starter--except now there's a shiny charmander in Red's room giving away pokeballs? When I try to play the game without talking to her, there's also Pokeballs on route 1 that do nothing when I try to interact with them.

Bugs aside, this is a great concept and I love what you're doing with the game. Keep up the good work!

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I actually tried this again with the updated files and the game crashed after talking to her, even after getting my starter--except now there's a shiny charmander in Red's room giving away pokeballs? When I try to play the game without talking to her, there's also Pokeballs on route 1 that do nothing when I try to interact with them.

Bugs aside, this is a great concept and I love what you're doing with the game. Keep up the good work!

Arggg, I didn't change Mom back... People in the walls are debug stuff. Items are now items.

UPDATED. DEMO 1-2 NEEDED. Mom is totally working for me now. Sorry about the spam.

3eEfGsF.jpg

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
Thanks for being so quick in fixing the errors! Speaking to Red's mother works normally now!

I have another small thing to report; wild Pokemon don't seem to be appearing on Route 1 for me. In Viridian City they appear fine, so it's not a major issue, except there's a jump in level and it's a little harder to train on the Pokemon there without Route 1 to help, and I usually like putting Pidgey in my team.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Thanks for being so quick in fixing the errors! Speaking to Red's mother works normally now!

I have another small thing to report; wild Pokemon don't seem to be appearing on Route 1 for me. In Viridian City they appear fine, so it's not a major issue, except there's a jump in level and it's a little harder to train on the Pokemon there without Route 1 to help, and I usually like putting Pidgey in my team.

http://a.uguu.se/plragm_PlaceinsideData.rar

Place the file encounters.dat inside the PR 4\Data folder.

Now folded into the downloadable Demo 1-2.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
All credit for the Battle Scene an dPokemon sprites goes to Luka S.J and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343665 . Thank him for releasing it to the public!

I use whatever Hidden Power PE does. I do not know which it uses. Given I don't really want to make breeding a large part of the game I don't think I will mess with Hidden Power much. :(

While the Charizard does currently have Pidgeot.... It's not a bad idea. Gyarados is no longer weak to electric however, you may want to check it out. {XD} Gary's team does vary greatly between starters. He has a completely different team for each one to make the game more replayable!

I thank you for taking the time to give a good amount of feedback! How have you enjoyed it so far? Is it too hard/grindy?

It seems fine, though I wish we had a document that tells us all the moveset changes available in each version. And no emphasis on hidden power? That's not a good idea since unless you take steps to include plenty of move options for pokemon to cover certain points (for example to date the only offensive moves a venusaur has are a large multitude of both physical and special grass moves and only two special-based poison moves which even on a support pokemon such limited offensive attacks is never very good) can ultimately be self-defeating. There needs to be some moves to help cover for the need for hidden power since you want to evade the issue of hidden power, though I'm sure you're working on that already.

Its also a problem to not to work breeding to some extent for examples like Pichu can notmally only be obtained via breeding. I noticed its still wild Pikachu in Viridian Forest, and if you really wish to minimize breeding I would recommend making Pichu found there instead of Pikachu. Pichu are weaker so a wild, level 8 Pichu wont totally destroy someone's team before they have a chance to catch one.

Still a bit annoyed about not having Synchronize usable sooner since I've been trying for three hours to get a jolly mankey and not even one's shown up and I have work at 5:30, and it is 3:10 as I type this. I wish there was some more convenience with regards to natures.

Back