• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2018 - Speculation/Discussion thread

pkmin3033

It's a little over a month away, but now is as good a time as any to hold a thread about this, given that we're getting confirmation of games that will be featured, companies that will be hosting panels/events, and even a few unfortunate leaks!

So, what are your hopes for E3 2018? Is there anything you would like to see, or think probable will appear? Any of the games confirmed so far of interest to you?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Smash Brosssssss. Last time I actively played was when it was released on the Wii. I've played the 3DS version and it just isn't the same. This game alone will probably make me want to get a Switch in the near future.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Thought I'd bump this since E3 started a few days ago. :) Here's the schedule:

E3-2018-conference-times-global-calendar.jpg

As of this post, the Sony conference is just wrapping up - they showcased Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Marvel?s Spider-Man, The Last of Us Part II (!!!), and some other stuff.

Among those is a new game that (I think) is the first time it's been seen ever called D?racin?:

D?racin? is a brand new story adventure created by the renowned Bloodborne developer, FromSoftware, available exclusively on PSVR. As a spirit summoned by a young girl in a secluded boarding school, the player must prove its existence and build a unique bond with the students through clever interactions. As the mystery of the story unfolds, the spirit must use its ability to manipulate the forces of life and time to change the fate of the pupils.

Which I think looks and sounds pretty cool since it's something new, though it's PSVR only so I won't be playing it myself, but I look forward to the let's plays.

What are you guys most hyped for so far (not just Sony, but the past few days)? Any disappointments? And don't forget to tune in to the Nintendo conference tomorrow!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Looking at the Last of Us part 2 preview, I hope Joel's alright, Ellie's all grown up, it makes me shed manly tears. Hopefully the game isn't botched as it's hard to live up to the original. That D?racin? games seems interesting as well. All these ps4 games is making me want to buy one but I'm strapped for cash now so oh well.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
So far FIFA 19 and Crayola Scoot are on my radar atm. I might look after Kingdom Hearts game if it did come to Switch (which is not the case atm), but it seems to be one interesting game as well. Mostly I'll look on how Ninty will announce their games in E3 in upcoming hours, including Super Smash Bros. and Pok?mon series.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Let's see what Nintendo has in store for us. We're definitely getting Smash news, and probably some Fire Emblem Switch footage (I hope!). I'd love a new Animal Crossing game to be announced, but there hasn't even been any rumors floating around so I doubt it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
This is the first time I've ever watched E3. I liked Bethesda's presentation, especially the announcement of Elder Scrolls 6, and Very Special Edition.

blue

gucci
Years
Sony was such a let down for me last night and that conference was all over the place. I'm looking forward to the Nintendo Direct though, hopefully we finally get an Animal Crossing announcement amongst other things.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Nintendo's E3 presentation was the first time I've ever watched something live, and I'm impressed by how it went. Especially the Smash part.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Nintendo spent quite a bit of time on Smash Ultimate. They're bringing every character back and Ridley was revealed at the end. It's too bad I've never played a Metroid game or else I probably would have been more excited.

Also got our first footage of the new Fire Emblem. It's seems they're changing things up quite a bit in terms of gameplay. It looked like each unit had a group of soldiers with them, and it seems you can walk around cities? That's a first.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Nintendo spent quite a bit of time on Smash Ultimate. They're bringing every character back and Ridley was revealed at the end. It's too bad I've never played a Metroid game or else I probably would have been more excited.

Also got our first footage of the new Fire Emblem. It's seems they're changing things up quite a bit in terms of gameplay. It looked like each unit had a group of soldiers with them, and it seems you can walk around cities? That's a first.

Agreed. It almost felt like they really didn?t have anything going for them , so they used Smash as a padding to fill in time. That being said, this felt more like a Smash direct than an E3 presentation. Pretty disappointing.

Most hyped game for me was Shadows Die Twice. Samurai Dark Souls? Sign me up.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I loved the nintendo direct personally. FE was great, I hope the gameplay doesn't change too much though. I have the feeling that the soldiers are just there to make the battles look bigger and more realistic, but we'll see.
Smash really stole the show though. Never thought I'd be this hyped for a fighting game.

Bethesda's was also very good, looking forward to TES6, starfield, maybe even fallout.
Microsoft's was great too. Best part there was the ToV remake though

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Smash really stole the show though. Never thought I'd be this hyped for a fighting game.

Same with me. Granted, I've been hyped at Smash before (including when watching the Inkling trailer few months ago), but this... I just feel stunned when watching the roster reveal, and everything revolving it. Smash on Switch is definitely on my wish list, for sure!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Screw the direct, it could have been better. I was blown away when the Splatoon Squid Researchers stepped in after the World Championship matches to drop the news that the Octo Expansion would be released TOMORROW (yesterday evening). I had to spend the last of my money to buy it. That caught me off guard seeing that it wouldn't be released until late July.

Last edited:
Back