• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: (Read announcement!) Pokémon Orange GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystelex

IMPORTANT: Now being done on pokeemerald decomp! (Click here)
Updates are now posted on Pia Carrot's Discord in #mystelex-dev: https://discord.gg/eGe2GRn

WVqem0r.png

Pokémon Orange
Hack of Fire Red Version 1.0 (BPRE)​

149.gif
Overture

This hack is a GBA remake of Pia Carrot's Pokémon Orange The original goal was to make it a loyal remake by sticking to every element featured in the original, but that has changed since I decided to change some stuff regarding plot/character designs/region design/balancing. The main idea, however, stays the same, which is to make a quality Orange Islands hack.

You play as a kid who wants to become a Pokémon Master after hearing of a trainer named Red, who defeated the Indigo League 6 months ago. You embark on a quest to take on the Orange Crew and deliver the cryptic GS Ball to the reputed Prof. Samson Oak, who is visiting the region soon. Play as Tyson/Doris, explore the island region, catch Pokémon and battle! Step into a world full of adventure, fun times, difficult times and unforgettable experiences!

149.gif
Screenshots

gLhTgIX.png
6Cv41tf.png

UCtk5ax.png
PYyVfbE.png

mXjytVI.png
4rCHZGP.png

RUUOKoS.png
z2B3i0E.png

149.gif
Features

• The Orange Archipelago in Game Freak format
  • Orange Island Variants
  • 251 species Regional Dex
  • Custom music
  • Berry trees
  • Honey trees
  • Whirlpool and Dive
  • Working Pokédex and Region Map

149.gif
Credits

• Pia Carrot and the Orange team: For creating such an amazing hack and giving me permission for this project
  • Tainted, Shinny, Farore, KDS, Bela, ASDBUDDY, Kalarie, Delta231, Lux and Yooni: Testing and moral support
  • Squeetz: Saving the day so many times
  • Tainted: Title screen Dragonite
  • m.vit: Title screen text
  • Disturbed: Mapping tips (Tree shading!)
  • Kalarie: Town Map
  • Avara: Female protagonist base
  • Autie and AO Project: Music
  • Jambo51: Class Based Trainer Music
  • Wobb: Mapping/Tiles
  • HackMew: Miscellaneous tools
  • Lu-Ho: Advance Map 1.92
  • Esperance: HTE
  • Gamer2020: Unofficial XSE
  • Diegoisawesome: XSE tutorial and research
  • Knizz: Research

149.gif
Downloads

Alpha 1.0: Goes up to the first gym

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
i like the look of this rom hack. when is the next expected release date? and i have something to say, please do not abandon this rom hack it looks good. thanks for creating it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
What is the best way to stay on top of updates? Is there a discord or a way to be notified?

Ignore me :) found the Discord

Last edited:

Mystelex

i like the look of this rom hack. when is the next expected release date? and i have something to say, please do not abandon this rom hack it looks good. thanks for creating it.

Hey there, glad you like it!

I was on vacation for a month, and college is going to start soon, but I'm still working on the hack, haha
I am mapping Crystal Cave right now. The plan is to map up to Kinnow Island, and then script all of it.

Once I've settled down with college and stuff, I'll spend more time on the hack for sure. But I assure you, it's still in the works, and I post updates on my meme Discord server. ^^;

Teanz Gamer

Traductor de Videojuegos
Years
The game is really interesting to me.
I hope that in the future you also change the graphics or if you already did, upload some images of that.
Good luck and hopefully soon it will also be in Spanish.

Mystelex

Alpha 1 saves are Compatible for the Feature Update?

Hopefully, yes. ^^

The game is really interesting to me.
I hope that in the future you also change the graphics or if you already did, upload some images of that.
Good luck and hopefully soon it will also be in Spanish.

Ah, what do you mean by changing the graphics? They have already been changed, heh. Unless you mean fancy DS style, then nope. It's a GBA remake in Fire Red style.

Would love to work on a Spanish version once I've finished it if someone's willing to translate dialog for me.

Teanz Gamer

Traductor de Videojuegos
Years
Hopefully, yes. ^^

Ah, what do you mean by changing the graphics? They have already been changed, heh. Unless you mean fancy DS style, then nope. It's a GBA remake in Fire Red style.

Would love to work on a Spanish version once I've finished it if someone's willing to translate dialog for me.

Yeah, i'd like that the game has better graphics. But I do not want to put pressure. Thanks for develop this game, anyway.
Regarding Spanish version, i can help you to do it. I've translated several games, if you wonder that.

Mystelex

Yeah, i'd like that the game has better graphics. But I do not want to put pressure. Thanks for develop this game, anyway.
Regarding Spanish version, i can help you to do it. I've translated several games, if you wonder that.

Better graphics
It's a matter of preference. :p

That sounds good! I will definitely let you know once I'm ready to work on it. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back